The only time Robert Whitaker ever fought an elite striker...

You need to make some sense. We are talking about MMA, and talking ABOUT MMA he needs to prove much more than Wonderboy already did. Yes, I know and I'll say it again: Wonderboy proved much more in standup than Adesanya in MMA.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop embarrassing yourself. You don't understand striking

ImpracticalBoringBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

He got completely outclassed and knocked out. Styles make fights. Everyone Robert has fought at Middleweight has been a short wrestler with a overhand right. He hasn't fought anyone at 185 with higher level boxing than him. High level strikers have always been his weakness. IMO, KG is a better version of him.

Just like Conor's toughest fight was Mendez for the Interim, then the actual fight was easy work, we might be seeing that again.
Or perhaps Whittaker was depleting himself too much fighting at 170, and 185 is a better weight class for him.

Fighters can also improve, you know. Whittaker has improved a lot since that fight technically, and he would WRECK Wonderboy at 185 today. So your argument is basically totally invalid, comparing apples and oranges.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop embarrassing yourself. You don't understand striking
Doesn't matter what you think. Wonderboy is better than Adesanya in MMA and proved much more. Even if you was an elite striker, this can't be changed by that. You need to live with it.

Doesn't matter what you think. Wonderboy is better than Adesanya in MMA and proved much more. Even if you was an elite striker, this can't be changed by that. You need to live with it.
been boxing, striking a long time. Israel adesanya Is easily the best striker in MMA right now and It's not even close.

Israel Is the far more decorated and proven striker, he's fought the best of the best. How many great strikers has wonderboy fought?

Beyond that, I don't care to argue

been boxing, striking a long time. Israel adesanya Is easily the best striker in MMA right now and It's not even close.

Israel Is the far more decorated and proven striker, he's fought the best of the best. How many great strikers has wonderboy fought?

Beyond that, I don't care to argue
Again, we are talking about MMA. You are talking about Adesanya outside MMA and I'm talking, AGAIN, about him INSIDE MMA. Period. You can try again to change the matter, but I will say the same everytime. AND about MMA, Wonderboy proved much more than Adesanya. Period, this can't be changed, and if you think different I can say you know nothing about it.

Again, about MMA. And again, and again.

Again, we are talking about MMA. You are talking about Adesanya outside MMA and I'm talking, AGAIN, about him INSIDE MMA. Period. You can try again to change the matter, but I will say the same everytime. AND about MMA, Wonderboy proved much more than Adesanya. Period, this can't be changed, and if you think different I can say you know nothing about it.

Again, about MMA. And again, and again.

Wonderboys only elite win in the UFC is Rory MacDonald. That's a good win but so is Gastelum. I think they both are pretty even in that regard. Though Wonderboy did get knocked out against a washed up lightweight moving up to WW. Oh and against the only other good striker in Darren Till he lost. So there's that.

This is easily one of the dumbest posts I've ever read

dear lord

You do realize that Israel was a top 3-5 kickboxer In the world before moving to MMA right?

Based on your post, I'd guess you didn't even realize he was a kickboxer or seen any of his fights.
Whats this kickboxing past that youre talking about? Im seeing he's 25-5-1. Being a champ in some NZ org and having only won a 4 man Glory tournament once. With his last 2 Glory fights being losses. Some early career fights in China. There is some stat saying he's 75-5? Reminds me of Till being a 40-0 kickboxer, against who?

I felt like there were a lot of similarities to Conor vs Mendes leading up to last night

Aldo and Whittaker both injured which forces an interim title fight

"Hype train" Israel vs underrated experienced deadly contender Kelvin

Israel hadn't been tested like Kelvin had and he rose to the title shot very quickly. Lots of people thought Kelvin would shut down the train but in a dog fight, Israel prevailed. Conor went through some serious adversity to get that win
Kelvin kept it very competitive until he got tired towards the end, despite being the smaller fighter. He is better suited for 170, but doesn't have the discipline to make weight.

Most of the top guys at 185 are 6'0 and above. Kelvin has great talent and it has carried him a long way, but it's going to be hard to compete against those taller/longer fighters who can make use of the advantages.

If Kelvin was a bit taller and longer, he would've been landing much more on Adesanya. He was only missing his punches by very small margins.

Israel struggled against a bloated WW who had a 9 inch reach disadvantage.

This is what Rob thinks of Israel's interim title

"THIS IS STRAYAAAA" in the 300 spartan voice

FB_IMG_1555379697925.jpg

Fighters get better and some get worse. Romero is better than Thompson but Thompson is or was a better striker... It could be anyone's night. Just like how Gastleum could connect well with Adesanya a few times I'm sure Whitaker could too

Hall and brunson huh... really had to dig deep for those ones huh?

Lots of middleweights have amassed records of a similar value or better.
Name a MW that has better wins than Romero x2 and jacare?

Hall and brunson huh... really had to dig deep for those ones huh?

Lots of middleweights have amassed records of a similar value or better.
Current active ones on 9 fight win streaks? You're a moron if you think finishing Jacare and beating Romero twice wasn't an impressive feat. Name an active fighter who has beaten Romero other than the Reaper.

Yoel Romero has become an elite striker.

He has some of the best striking defense in MMA with his cross-guard style and between his power, accuracy and threat of TD he is extremely dangerous. He covers distance well and has incredible killer instinct when he smells blood.

Serra knocked out GSP. Great fighters can have bad nights early in their careers.
Whittaker destroys Wonderboy in a rematch.
I don't know about that. But definitely he's improved exponentially. This fight is going to be a classic.

Name a MW that has better wins than Romero x2 and jacare?
Rockhold has beaten
Weidman
Bisping
Jacare
Machida

Romero has beaten
Weidman
Rockhold
Machida
Jacare

Weidman has beaten
Anderson x2
Machida
Vitor
Gastelum

I have never once said that beating romero x2 and jacare isn't an impressive feat. And yes romero has not lost to anyone other than rob but i do not give such high credit seeing as i don't personally believe he won the second yoel fight. And as far as yoel goes, his record is very nice, but he doesn't have the best cardio and some of his fights (rob, chris, brunson, kennedy, jacare) he is looking very beatable and on the way to losing be fore he pulls the rabbit out of the hat. It's not as if he's never loses rounds or cannot be outpointed...

You can argue who is on a record or the best streak all you want but as someone who actually watches fights i do feel in many of the fighters above that i named in their best performances can beat robert whittaker. He's good but he can lose to anyone of them and any of them can lose to each other

Back