the only punch Khabib will throw is his left jab

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
if he throws his right, hes done.... his power hand is taken out of the equation against Conor. It will only be there for defense. Every time Eddie threw a right he got countered. Khabib has noticed this and will not even attempt to throw a right as a result.

His right hand will be glued to his face to protect himself from the left the entire time.
upload_2018-8-7_18-47-36.png

Therefore, Conor wins via liver punch.
Right hand will be up leaving the liver wide open.
The liver punch might not end the fight but it will the beginning of the end.

Eddie got countered because he literally jumped into punches the same with Aldo did. Eddie looked horrendous in that outing

Khabib will throw his right hand when he's on top of Conor. Conor can't throw the counter straight left from his back.

Khabib will throw his right hand when he's on top of Conor. Conor can't throw the counter straight left from his back.

agreed.
I was referring to the standup.

Eddie got countered because he literally jumped into punches the same with Aldo did. Eddie looked horrendous in that outing

he had to step into the punches to close the distance.
Khabib also has to close distance on Conor because of Conors reach advantage. its the same scenario.

Were I Khabib, I wouldn't throw any punches. I'd just wade in there for the TD with a high guard. If Conor can knock me out before I get my mitts on him, so be it. If I get a hold of him, the match is over.

Thats what makes this a great fight. Neither guy is good at what the other guy is good at. And they are both extremely skilled in their speialties.

Can't wait to see Conor's mile long stare as he slowly realises there's no way back for him.

Whilst Khabib might not be the greatest striker ever I'd say he has increasingly shown strong gameplans standing, the way he exploited Barboza's weakness to aggressive forward movement and then also exploited Ali's focus on takedown defence and looking to counter.

I would be supprised if he isn't prepped to give him the best chance standing vs Conor plus of course to setup takedowns.

he had to step into the punches to close the distance.
Khabib also has to close distance on Conor because of Conors reach advantage. its the same scenario.
Not the same. Eddie can in looking to brawl and trade with Conor. He lunged in aggressively with reckless punches. Very different from what Khabib is looking to do.

Khabib has the fortune of having a lot of recent experience against southpaws with long reach. None were as good of strikers as Conor but he is at least used to pressuring southpaws.

I've seen Conor do body work on occasion. He does solid body work but nothing devastating. I think Conor will dig to the body but I doubt that it will lead to a finish.

Last edited:
conor better hope he lands because he's going to be off balance and easily taken down. Its nothing new in the wrestler vs striker match up. willing to take one to give one (in this case a TD)

Last edited:
when u spectate conor.. he tries to give his opponent a confidence to rush and go into boxing exchange with him..
he uses some mentally traps.
conor fights with traps.. not only with speed, timing, power.. so also with mentally traps what makes him a very efficient striker.

The danger Khabib is in while standing is just as great, if not greater than the danger Conor would be in on the ground. Highly skilled strikers like Aldo, Alvarez, and Poirier couldn't engage at all without getting clobbered. A mediocre striker like Khabib is in a lot of danger standing.

I tend to agree. I think Khabib will stick to mostly jabs while wading forward with a high guard and tucked chin.

I'm willing to bet he'll do his patented "flying knee that has no intention of landing but really just to get close without getting punched so I can grab you against the fence" at some point lol.

when u spectate conor.. he tries to give his opponent a confidence to rush and go into boxing exchange with him..
he uses some mentally traps.
conor fights with traps.. not only with speed, timing, power.. so also with mentally traps what makes him a very efficient striker.

agreed.

Conor is one of the most intelligent fighters on the roster. He wouldn't agree to this fight if he didnt already have his traps and setups already figured out.

conor never stopped or even visibly hurt someone with a body shot

you can say that about every scenario to ever happen in the history of existance.

there's a first for everything. I gave my reasoning for why the body shot will be there.

tenor.gif

if he throws his right, hes done.... his power hand is taken out of the equation against Conor. It will only be there for defense. Every time Eddie threw a right he got countered. Khabib has noticed this and will not even attempt to throw a right as a result.

His right hand will be glued to his face to protect himself from the left the entire time.
View attachment 418477

Therefore, Conor wins via liver punch.
Right hand will be up leaving the liver wide open.
The liver punch might not end the fight but it will the beginning of the end.

conor punch kkhabib laying on his back looking at the roof

Back