The only person who can put jones on his back..

Cormier has the most legit shot that i can see in the near future! No many others that have what it takes in wrestling to put Jones on his back. Who?

That guy will never make 205lb. No one in 205lb can take Jon Jones down.

if cormier can cut to lhw, he wont be bigger. when he gets rid of all that bodyfat, he has an averagre 205 body. jones makes a hard cut to even make the 205.

I think in his last interview Cormier had said that he'll enter UFC as a HW (and would probably fight Mir who said he's now healthy and would be glad to welcome Daniel to UFC). And DC also said he wants to fight 5 times in 2013. Don't think he'll squeeze in a slow and safe weightcut in such a schedule.
So chances of Cormier cuttimg to LHW now are even slimmer than before.

I think this is the video, the guy is trying to take jones down for dear life and this is where you see jones TDD as rookie in action.

Shalom

Cormier is a bad match up for a lot of guys and Bones is no exception to that. I would love to see Anderson Silva fight Cormier at 205 just so I could see Silva get a beating he will never forget.

arona_1.JPG

Cormier cant make 205. He has had kidney issues before after having a bad weight cut.

in HW, daniel cormier, cain v. and hell even lesnar(if he didn't retire) could take jones down. matter of fact there are plenty of heavies that could take jones down. hell I bet kongo could take jones down(he took cain down) they are much much stronger than jon jones.

Cormier cant make 205. He has had kidney issues before after having a bad weight cut.

I think he tried to cut too much water weight instead of dieting down (getting rid of the bodyfat). I've watched some of his wrestling matches at 211 lbs or something, and he was far from ripped.

I agree Cormier vs Jon Jones would be a hell of an interesting fight. He might put him on his back when he lands a bomb, or takedown. I'd like to see Jones challenged more, and I don't think Chael will be the man to do it. Chael should have talked his way in to a fight with GSP, because that is the only title he has a shot at. IMO

Light Heavy weight Fedor could probably get Jones to the ground, but that will never happen.

I would love to see Cormier vs Jones, this would be a great fight to see, the world class wrestling vs the insane physical intangibles of Jones. In general I want Jones to move up to see how he does with the bigger heavyweights . A JDS vs Jones matchup would be great to watch.

I think he tried to cut too much water weight instead of dieting down (getting rid of the bodyfat). I've watched some of his wrestling matches at 211 lbs or something, and he was far from ripped.

Hard to know with genetics. Not everyone can get ripped. Some guys can be lazy, and drink beer, and still looked ripped. Some work their asses off, and look flabby still.

The only person who has a slight chance of putting jones in his back is Daniel cormier. He's been a 2time Olympic wrestler. He's bigger and stronger than jones. I think he'll be the one and only one to put him on his back. Jones still wins IMO. If DC can't take him down no one ever will. Daniel said if Cain wins the title he'll go down to 205. I would love to see that fight!

cormier is preternaturally strong but he walks at 230+ - same as jones and he's much shorter and gives up an insane amount of reach - i do believe that cormier is the most intriguing challenge for jones but you overstate his advantages by a ridiculous margin

Back