The only man with top 5 wins in 3 weight classes!

Then it means that you're quite the n00b, for not having watched classic bouts like.... hum... you said "UFC fights", sure let's start with some of our ,
Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez vs Randy Couture, a fight(which ended with Couture tapping to strikes.

Jon Jones vs Shogun, that was in the UFC, for the belt too, pretty sure Rua tapped. Same in Mauricio's last bout against Paul Craig!
Frank Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz
Rashad Evans vs Forrest Griffin
JDS vs Cro Cop

etc etc, that's pretty much it on top of my head. Then of course there's all the UFC's guy have bumped in the past few years, and suddenly everyone is a super pilot, première en balade ce cochon...

You are obviously desperate and had to do a random Google search because it is mostly wrong.
Forrest did not tap to strikes versus Rashad. Rashad was beating the crap out of him so his whole arm was moving with each strike. A tap would be rapid and not be in rhythm with the strikes.
Shogun did not tap to strikes. I've seen that fight before and just watched the ending again - Ref stopped the fight after the viscous knee. His hand touched the floor only twice and it was seconds after the fight was called.
Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez vs Randy Couture - this fight was before my time - I've seen a bunch of old fights but this one would be way down the priority list - I'm not gonna waste my time on a nobody with terrible record just to see that you probably made another fake choice. Randy has a lot of other fights that are far more interesting and of significance.
Frank Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz - This one is also before my time as well.

While there are hundreds of fights where fighters tapped to submissions, you came up with a half dozen half wrong claims for submissions to strikes for your ridiculous claim. So you are saying that two or three fighters are not disgraceful while those others who chose to not let their limbs get broken are disgraceful? Hilarious.

You are obviously desperate and had to do a random Google search because it is mostly wrong.
Why would I need to "google search" stuff as obvious as that? These are not obscure fights at all... and I made a conscious effort to keep it in the UFC, and with title fights/famous champions so you wouldn't get confused.

if you want examples from PRIDE and other orgs, and with more obscure fighters, I can think of dozens on top of my head...

Forrest did not tap to strikes versus Rashad
Yes he did.

Shogun did not tap to strikes.
Yes he did. Go watch his last fight, (the rematch against Paul Craig), the official result is TKO (submission to punches)
And then check this gif=>

Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez vs Randy Couture - this fight was before my time - I've seen a bunch of old fights but this one would be way down the priority list - I'm not gonna waste my time on a nobody with terrible record just to see that you probably made another fake choice.
Ricco Rodriguez is the nobody with a terrible record? And you call me a casual? <{cruzshake}>
Fucking noob-noob...

Frank Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz - This one is also before my time as well.
So what? It's a historically important fight, you can't spout crap like:
You are either a casual or very stupid. About 99% of fighters tap to choke attempts so you just called the giant majority of fighters who have been submitted in MMA disgraceful. Only a tiny number of fighters have tapped to strikes.
and then go "boo hooooo these were before my time <DCrying> and they're too obscure anyway, who's every heard of Tito, Frank Shamrock, Ricco or Couture? Too obscure, doesn't count!!"
God damn casuals; clogging Sherdog with your noobeness...

While there are hundreds of fights where fighters tapped to submissions, you came up with a half dozen half wrong claims for submissions to strikes for your ridiculous claim.
I just "came up" with the most famous examples that came to mind, and went through the trouble of only listing UFC fights to keep it contained.

If you need to google stuff to remember such obvious instances, then you're indeed an absolute filthy casual. <DisgustingHHH>

Last edited:
Great accomplishment by a great fighter.

This thread proves how hilariously futile it is to use stats as proof of something.

a stat is a tidbit.

anyone suggesting the stats prove something is a fool. Especially with rankings that are subjective to begin with.

but argue on….

This thread proves how hilariously futile it is to use stats as proof of something.

a stat is a tidbit.

anyone suggesting the stats prove something is a fool. Especially with rankings that are subjective to begin with.

but argue on….

source.gif

yeah it's like beating Matt Serra

Imaging being able to say you beat number 1 WW just cuz Matt Serra happend to be a champ prior.

lmfao

I'm sure you think it was dick pills too

Serra finished GSP. That's something only one other fighter (Hughes) was able to do. Beating one of only two guys who were able to finish GSP is pretty good.

Its weird how much respect Hendricks gets for probably deserving a 48-47 decision against bad-knee GSP while Serra gets loads of disrespect for 100% and uncontestably finishing prime GSP.

Serra finished GSP. That's something only one other fighter (Hughes) was able to do. Beating one of only two guys who were able to finish GSP is pretty good.

Its weird how much respect Hendricks gets for probably deserving a 48-47 decision against bad-knee GSP while Serra gets loads of disrespect for 100% and uncontestably finishing prime GSP.

They all write it off as a fluke win, and think it's solidified by them being tied at one fight a piece. No rubber match needed, of course.

Why would I need to "google search" stuff as obvious as that? These are not obscure fights at all... and I made a conscious effort to keep it in the UFC, and with title fights/famous champions so you wouldn't get confused.

if you want examples from PRIDE and other orgs, and with more obscure fighters, I can think of dozens on top of my head...

Yes he did.
Yes he did. Go watch his last fight, (the rematch against Paul Craig), the official result is TKO (submission to punches)
And then check this gif=>

cco Rodriguez is the nobody with a terrible record? And you call me a casual? <{cruzshake}>
Fucking noob-noob...

So what? It's a historically important fight, you can't spout crap like:

and then go "boo hooooo these were before my time <DCrying> and they're too obscure anyway, who's every heard of Tito, Frank Shamrock, Ricco or Couture? Too obscure, doesn't count!!"
God damn casuals; clogging Sherdog with your noobeness...

I just "came up" with the most famous examples that came to mind, and went through the trouble of only listing UFC fights to keep it contained.

If you need to google stuff to remember such obvious instances, then you're indeed an absolute filthy casual. <DisgustingHHH>

Those are the exact two videos I watched and it shows forest move his hand with each punch from Rashad. And the same goes with what I said about Rua. I am not going boo hoo about those TWO fights that were before my time. I said it like it is. I don't need to prove anything. You are the one coming up short. You obviously are desperate to get a few tap outs from strikes.

You obviously had your head up your butt when you said that it is not respectable to tap when your career might be ended from tapping to a submission that breaks your arm, leg, or foot.

They all write it off as a fluke win, and think it's solidified by them being tied at one fight a piece. No rubber match needed, of course.

Rolling a natural 20 and getting a fluke win against a dragon happens in computer games and dungeon and dragons. Getting a "fluke" punch in a UFC title fight is different, it takes a lot of skill and ability -- not only to actually land, not only to actually hit hard enough that the "fluke" does significant damage, but to last long enough to even get the chance to throw the punch in the first place. Among the thousands of WW fighters in various MMA organizations and clubs around the world I'd happily bet that very few are going to get that "fluke" hit against GSP even if they fought him many times. And MMA fans of any weight who aren't fighters would find their "luck" would be terrible against GSP -- an MMA fight is not people taking turns rolling die.

And given the number of GSP's fights that went the full five rounds later on in his career, there were a lot of fighters who had plenty of chances to roll a natural 20 and get a fluke win. Somehow it never happened, even for guys like Hendricks, Condit and Alves who hit hard (and even Hughes got over 20 KO wins but couldn't get a lucky hit against GSP, though he did get a "fluky" submission).

Or as a number of famous athletes have said, "The more I practice the luckier I get".

Last edited:
Rolling a natural 20 and getting a fluke win against a dragon happens in computer games and dungeon and dragons. Getting a "fluke" punch in a UFC title fight is different, it takes a lot of skill and ability -- not only to actually land, not only to actually hit hard enough that the "fluke" does significant damage, but to last long enough to even get the chance to throw the punch in the first place. Among the thousands of WW fighters in various MMA organizations and clubs around the world I'd happily bet that very few are going to get that "fluke" hit against GSP even if they fought him many times. And MMA fans of any weight who aren't fighters would find their "luck" would be terrible against GSP -- an MMA fight is not people taking turns rolling die.

And given the number of GSP's fights that went the full five rounds later on in his career, there were a lot of fighters who had plenty of chances to roll a natural 20 and get a fluke win. Somehow it never happened, even for guys like Hendricks, Condit and Alves who hit hard (and even Hughes got over 20 KO wins but couldn't get a lucky hit against GSP, though he did get a "fluky" submission).

Or as a number of famous athletes have said, "The more I practice the luckier I get".

Well said. Although there is a case to be made for it being a fluke, it's hard to say so when the purpose of throwing a punch is to hurt, rock, drop, stagger, or KO your opponent. It wasn't just one punch either, it was a shitload of punches.

SherdogFan23 said:
Only a tiny number of fighters have tapped to strikes. Your GSP hero is the only one I can think of for the UFC.
If you could think of nobody other than GSP, then you really are a filthy casual.

I only listed some in the UFC, but if we go global then countless MMA stars have tapped to strikes, even UFC/PRIDE champions & big names
Forrest, and if you're still in denial about the Rashad one, then how about the arms flailing against Anderson Silva?
Shogun (twice),
Tito Ortiz,
Couture,
GSP,
Joanna Jedrzejczyk,
Chael Sonnen,
Josh Barnett (twice)
Frank Mir,
Rampage Jackson,
Mirko Cro Cop,
Alistair Overeem (and his brother Valentijn),
Don Frye,
Igor Vovchancyn,
Cheick Kongo,
Paul Buentello (twice),
Tank Abbott,
Tra Telligman,
Jason Macdonald,
Drew Fickett,
Spencer Fisher,
Paulo Thiago,
Ian Freeman,
BJ Penn (quitting on the stool was never heard of, and never happened again)
etc etc etc

I'm only listing famous MMArtists so you can't go "I don't know these guys how do I know they even exist?" but the list of lesser known fighters goes on and on.
You're simply wrong when you say
Only a tiny number of fighters have tapped to strikes
, and it's OKAY to admit that you were simply uneducated.
I mean for fuck's sake, you weren't even aware that Tito and Frank had fought for the UFC gold, same for Ricco vs Randy. <36>

I don't need to prove anything. You are the one coming up short. You obviously are desperate to get a few tap outs from strikes.
And you are butthurt about being wrong, and in denial about Forrest and Shogun tapping to strikes; why does it matter so much to you?
Shogun is on my all time top 5 favorite fighters ever and I'm still comfy with him tapping to strikes against Paul Craig and Jon Jones.

Tapping to strikes is the smart thing to do; it's exactly the same as tapping from an armbar; you're already done, why take more damage? Take the L and come back stronger.
And a broken limb usually heals better than brain damage...

Now, blood chokes are a different matter, you can pass out without taking too much damage to your body; just don't do it in your basement room while jerking off with your white belt hanging from the door handle, okay?
So if we look at this logically, the disgraces should be the ones that tap to the likes of RNCs. <TheWire1>
"Go out on your shield like a warrior, bro! Let 'em choke, ref!!"

That whole "tapping to submissions is for bitches! there's no tapping out in a real fight to the death, tapping out is death!!!" was big during the Gracies heyday.
Can't believe that in 2021 there are still NPCs who perpetuate a retarded variation of this saying in modern MMA.

Last edited:
Yup. People forget he beat Mach before his title fight with Hughes, and downplay his win over Forrest which was actually huge at the time.

Makes me nostalgic to think about what could have been if Silva had actually come over to fight for the ww strap instead. Could have changed how we look at a lot of different fighters historically, whether he won or lost.

Fedor wasn't top5 when Hendo beat him.
Was Nog top 5? I don't want to downplay the win too much but IIRC it was back in RINGs that Hendo beat Nog. RINGs was a legit org that produced great fighters but I am not quite sure Nog was ranked as a top 5 HW at the time he lost to Hendo.

Still impressive for a natural MW to have wins over Fedor and Nog.

GSP qualifies as well
-MW: Bisping
-WW: All of them
-LW: BJ
He didn't beat BJ at LW though. Anderson beat Sakurai at WW, bunch of top 5 MWs at 185, and of course Forest at 205.
Forest was one fight removed from losing the LHW title when Silva flawlessly beat him
And IIRC Forest technically beat the #1 fighter in his division in two fights in a row. I think Shogun was ranked #! but when Forest upset him Rampage was moved to the #1 spot since no one believed Forest was the best despite upsetting the top ranked guy. So he had to do it again.

Back