The only known footage of the Barbados Demon Joe Walcott

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
generally considered to be the hardest punching Welterweight ever, former Welterweight Champion, ko'd a heavyweight. stood 5'1 and rated the #1 Welterweight ever by Nat Fleischer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_Joe_Walcott

Barbados_Joe_Walcott_portrait.jpg

the only known footage of him but unfortunately it's not of him fighting!

hw for the time!

Wow you responded about 5 seconds after my comment... Just wanted to add that in case some folks imagine that it was a Anthony Joshua sized boxer, defeated by dat infamous black & white magic.

Wow you responded about 5 seconds after my comment... Just wanted to add that in case some folks imagine that it was a Anthony Joshua sized boxer, defeated by dat infamous black & white magic.
sherdog does well with their alert thingy. used to be kinda a nightmare without it

didn't expect his english to be so good but then i saw he wasn't from the latin carribean but english speaking guyana.

So this guy took Joe Louis to a SD and there are people saying Louis is the goat heavyweight? come on. I wonder how he would do against Tyson Fury?

fuck, the average person would be a giant in those days, i don't know.
The Average persons weight right now (in the world) is 137lbs. I dont think that's very big. For Amercian Men it's like 180. Only Micronesia and Tonga have a higher weight average. Also saw a stat that said Asia has 61% of the world's population but only 13% of the weight.

Last edited:
The Average persons weight right now (in the world) is 137lbs. I dont think that's very big. For Amercian Men it's like 180. Only Micronesia and Tonga have a higher weight average. Also saw a stat that said Asia has 61% of the world's population but only 13% of the weight.
Keep in mind the average American and Polynesian weights are higher in large part due to obesity

but yeah, people were smaller then because they had different diets and possibly due to lifestyle

Keep in mind the average American and Polynesian weights are higher in large part due to obesity

but yeah, people were smaller then because they had different diets and possibly due to lifestyle

A lot of people ended up on the shorter side too due to malnutrition.

i don't believe so. fough Jess Willard, Tom Sharkey etc

Willard wasn't around in those days.

I do not believe that Walcott fought anyone over 170 pounds. But he gave away 20 to 25 pounds in a lot of fights.

After fighting Joe Gans in 1904, he accidentally shot himself and another man (who was killed) with an automatic weapon and lost a couple of fingers. He was never really as good as he was after that.

Back