the only champs I care about is Pettis, Weidman, Jon Jones, and Velasquez

The only mma related person I truly care about is Bj

I dunno, I think theres some revisionist history with MMA. Did anyone see 172 and the Brown Silva card? LOADS of good fights, 172 was one of the best events I've ever seen, if not the best, and if the Brown Silva card was a little trimmed down and not 5 hours long it could have been the best also.

MMA is better than ever, there are a few minor flaws that have come with the growth of the sports (stupid rules, watered down cards) but even with the watered down cards like the Macao event on Fight pass, they can have the best fights, just not big names.

i agree with you.

quite possibly my snarkiness caused my point to miss the target.

I enjoy skilled fighters of varying talent like Pettis creativity, Aldo form, Barao finish, DJ speed and power, Rousey armbars and judo, JDS hunting for KO's, Cain endurance, DC explosion, Benavidez sub game, lots of entertaining fighters.

I only care for champs who always fights and doesn't fake their injuries.

Making new stars is always the big challenge. The UFC has always put the brand first, and with good reason. If a star loses, gets hurt, leaves the company, or gets into trouble then they lose their value to the UFC and potentially become a liability. If something happens with a particular fighter then you still have the rest of the show to watch. Fighters come and go but the UFC remains.

At the same time a big part of the draw is the fighters and their stories. While a brand may give you an idea of what you are getting, and be more durable than one fighter, people have less of a connection to a brand. If you stretch things too thin, like the UFC has been doing, then people are going to be less excited for the show and be more choosy about what they watch.

The UFC has to balance the line and do a better job of creating interest in each fighter and division. Given how many shows they are putting on I'm not sure how they do that.

You aren't a fan of MMA if you don't like watching MM vs Benavidez; Barao & Aldo etc These guys are technique in its purest form. Sorry they didn't show you the way they used to color outside the lines growing up, but if you really are a fan, then no title contender should be flying under your radar. Guys don't just pop up out of nowhere. Thanks, Brock Lesnar, we all appreciate your fans that followed you. He went back to wrestling, by the way.

Yea I get so excited when pettis defends his title... O wait

How can you get excited for him as a champ when his never even fucking defended...

I like Pettis he has a dangerous skill set. Including crisp kickboxing and submissions.
Velasquez is a scary guy. Same with Jones.
And Weidman could become a legend at middleweight. Seems to be a weak weightclass as The Spider ate contenders left and right. Props to anderson for beating Franklin in Cinci, Hendo, Belfort.
Hendo and Belfort r sometimes on silvas level here and there but Anderson had too good of standup for everyone.

but to be honest, from a division stand point and the type of opponents that they can face, the only interesting division

is lightweight and middle weight. Jon Jones crushes everyone at light heavyweight and Velasquez also crushes everyone at heavyweight.

all the other champions have no personality, the UFC doesn't build them up, and their opponents have no credibility either.

I look at the next 5 ufc cards and I simply do not care at all.

The UFC really dropped the ball on promoting their fighters into people I care about.
They really need to give a chance for someone to show their strong personality. Someone like mayweather. because the rest of these guys are just not cutting it. I have more fun watching game of thrones and big brother. WWE is more interesting at the moment.

I don't watch just for the fights, I watch for the characters too. I want to see their dream and aspiration. I want to see what drive them to win. I don't want no cookie cutter fighter that's boring. Unless you can fight like Anderson Silva, then fighting skills is not enough. and the fighting is too generic right now, noone actually has styles. The fighters just have no personality at all.

101413-10-UFC-Gustafsson-Jones-OB-PI_20131014212349301_660_320.JPG

dmgsb2n.jpg

bones-eye.gif

jones-limp.gif

jonesgus_original.jpg

Does the o in his name actually have a line through it? is that some kind of ancient chinese language?

Don't know if serious but it's a letter in Norwegian and Danish, in Swedish and Icelandic it would be Bj

I don't care about any. I'm worse than you and never made a thread about that.

I don't give a fuk about what they like for breakfast and who they favorite boy bands are or their stroke Techniques I only care about what happens in the cage

And Weidman could become a legend at middleweight. Seems to be a weak weightclass as The Spider ate contenders left and right.
Not weak anymore

Weidman, Jacare, Rockhold, Machida, Vitor, Andy, and also

Tim Kennedy, Yoel Romero, Costas Philipou, Bizdick, Carmont, and Chael P.

For some reason the exciting factor of WW and LHW skipped over MW with the exception of Andy, but now its a legit weight class...and Jacare can knock fools out now.

Back