the only champs I care about is Pettis, Weidman, Jon Jones, and Velasquez

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by brainwash, May 19, 2014.

1. brainwash

brainwash Banned Banned

but to be honest, from a division stand point and the type of opponents that they can face, the only interesting division

is lightweight and middle weight. Jon Jones crushes everyone at light heavyweight and Velasquez also crushes everyone at heavyweight.

all the other champions have no personality, the UFC doesn't build them up, and their opponents have no credibility either.

I look at the next 5 ufc cards and I simply do not care at all.

The UFC really dropped the ball on promoting their fighters into people I care about.
    They really need to give a chance for someone to show their strong personality. Someone like mayweather. because the rest of these guys are just not cutting it. I have more fun watching game of thrones and big brother. WWE is more interesting at the moment.

I don't watch just for the fights, I watch for the characters too. I want to see their dream and aspiration. I want to see what drive them to win. I don't want no cookie cutter fighter that's boring. Unless you can fight like Anderson Silva, then fighting skills is not enough. and the fighting is too generic right now, noone actually has styles. The fighters just have no personality at all.

2. nanika

nanika Brown Belt

ill get on the phone make sure Dana White has a direct connection to your opinions. Anything else you want me to tell him?

3. Sivo The Ram

Sivo The Ram Black Belt

i wish they could all stay healthy! all are fun to watch. good thing jon has stayed relatively injury free

4. brainwash

brainwash Banned Banned

not just my opinion. it is a consensus opinion base on the descending interest of casual fans.

5. AP_RESURRECTION

AP_RESURRECTION Gold Belt

could you tell him to please come back to the internet, we promise to be less negative

6. Kaoklai

Kaoklai Blue Belt

How can you not like Barao? He is one of the most exciting champs. Is it cause you think you can beat him up?

7. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

ironically, Dana has been recorded before saying that he thinks that that's the P4P top 3

8. ninja boot

ninja boot Purple Belt

its a stupid thread but i do agree that the ufc is digging a hole with their product.

9. p4pcummins**

p4pcummins** Banned Banned

From an entertainment standpoint and to pass time I recommend you watch anime. Dat stuff is the shiet.

10. Scuba

Scuba Brown Belt

oh wow you're still around

11. Calboy

Calboy Banned Banned

The UFC should let their fighters talk more shit, personalitys are generic now days

12. SeattleFightFan

SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

funny how "evolution of the sport" has morphed it, eh? be careful what you wish for, i suppose. and sorry you missed the fun years.

fact is, the sport has changed since 2003 or so. there were a lot of reasons to like it then, but there are a lot of reasons to dislike OR like the changes since then. you have apparently decided to focus on the negative, but there ARE positives. can you find them? i suggest you figure out some way to enjoy it, or find a new sport. being all anxious and resentful about what you watch is no way to enjoy your time and money. good luck.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  13. Mma Adiction

Mma Adiction Brown Belt

You took this thread out of wasteland

14. GrindingANARCHY

GrindingANARCHY Banned Banned

I only like 1 of the 4

15. trane

trane Red Belt

I like Pettis and Weidman...could literally not care less about the other 2.

16. Kingfarthur

Kingfarthur Purple Belt

Barao and Aldo don't speak english, its hard to relate to fighters that don't speak your language. Did Fedor have any personality btw?

Like I've said before, the novelty of the sport has worn off. Any how can you not think the WW division is an interesting division? Look at Hendricks and the six ranked guys behind him. The UFC is stacked with talent, even at the lower weight classes.

17. Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen Invisible Belt

We all know that's Jones.

18. Kingfarthur

Kingfarthur Purple Belt

I dunno, I think theres some revisionist history with MMA. Did anyone see 172 and the Brown Silva card? LOADS of good fights, 172 was one of the best events I've ever seen, if not the best, and if the Brown Silva card was a little trimmed down and not 5 hours long it could have been the best also.

MMA is better than ever, there are a few minor flaws that have come with the growth of the sports (stupid rules, watered down cards) but even with the watered down cards like the Macao event on Fight pass, they can have the best fights, just not big names.

19. mmaElite53

mmaElite53 Purple Belt

So a Puerto Rican, a Jew, a black guy and a Mexican walk into a cage...

20. Jew Jif Shoes

Jew Jif Shoes Nullius in Verba

In my opinion, WW, MW, LW, FW, BW, and LHW are better than they've ever been.