The one thing people aren't talking about in the rematch

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Of Henry vs TJ.

I like many others, think that the weight cut played a big part in TJ's loss. I cant take anything away from Henry, he went in there and did an amazing job. However once i saw TJ fight week i remember thinking how horrible he looked. Couple that with him getting dropped so quick, i think the weight cut played a part.

Assuming this match up happens at 135. There is one thing people are not really talking about. The benefits of not having to cut will help BOTH guys, not just TJ.

Henry will be bigger, stronger, and just as fast as well? He could have more power, more cardio? The benefits are to both guys.

I personally think Henry is just the better overall fighter . I like TJ but man, im not so sure he will win even at 135.

He got steamrolled in seconds lol
I don't think weight cut had a chance to play a part in the loss

Of Henry vs TJ.

I like many others, think that the weight cut played a big part in TJ's loss. I cant take anything away from Henry, he went in there and did an amazing job. However once i saw TJ fight week i remember thinking how horrible he looked. Couple that with him getting dropped so quick, i think the weight cut played a part.

Assuming this match up happens at 135. There is one thing people are not really talking about. The benefits of not having to cut will help BOTH guys, not just TJ.

Henry will be bigger, stronger, and just as fast as well? He could have more power, more cardio? The benefits are to both guys.

I personally think Henry is just the better overall fighter . I like TJ but man, im not so sure he will win even at 135.

HE WONt, CEJUDO 2 DIV CHAMP, you heard it here!!

But.. this is actually one of the main talking points about the rematch ppl are talking about

Everyones talking about the weight cut though

Lol @ saying "I just think Henry is the overall better fighter" after a 32 second performance when 90% of people were thinking he was going to get smoked a week ago. Everyone's an expert in hindsight :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the third fight if TJ wins the rematch. I wonder if we will be treated to a 4th fight down the road also.
IMO they should fight 100 times to see if TJ can win 99 out of a 100 like he says. Actually they should do a first to 99 series.

You think that nobody talked about the weight cut?

I feel like many of the posters itt so far didn't actually read the entire OP lol

Good point, TS. Everyone talks about the benefit TJ will receive from not cutting as much weight, but few point out that Henry will have the same benefit.

I've been a believer in TJ for a long time, but it's clear that his kryptonite seems to be fighters who are faster than him. This Cejudo fight looked like a carbon copy of TJ's fight against Dodson. It's not a coincidence that TJ has had a decided speed disadvantage two times in his career, and he got steamrolled in both of those fights. There aren't many BWs on the roster who would have a speed advantage over TJ, but Henry will be faster than TJ at any weight; therein lies the problem.

Side note: TJ got obliterated by the speed of Dodson and Cejudo. MM made both of those guys look slow. I think it's fair to assume that MM would have ran through TJ, given the speed disparity. This really highlights what a mistake it was for MM to duck TJ. He always complained about not being given a fair shake, but then he turned down the biggest opportunity of his career.

“The weight cut was way too much. He could’ve died in there. We’re not going to let that happen in this organization. Can you imagine what that would do to this sport, not to mention the lawsuits, bad press etc. We’re on ESPN now and we aren’t going to allow something like that to happen in the UFC. From now on, for the safety of our fighters, there will be no 125 lb division.”

Dana White

Back