The one handed fighters thread.

GlassJaw

SBC hustler.
Reaction score
So I was just watching some old Frazier fights the other day, and this thread came to mind. Which fighters throughout history have been primarily one handed? Frazier certainly gets huge mention , his left hook wasn't just his best punch, it was almost his only punch lol.

He's still regarded as being one of the greatest HW's of all time, so who else deserves mention along with Smokin' Joe?

Chuvalo for the same punch. Rocky Juarez. Hearns for his right-hand because it was so emphasized people forgot about his triple-jabs with his left.

Tommy Morrison with his left hook. Pacman (Before Roach) and his straight left hand. David Tua with the left hook as well.

I was gonna say the Duke too.

What about Gerry Coetzee and his BIONIC right hand! :D

wlad doesnt even punch anymore. he just slaps the other fighters glove away with his left hand.

Every fighter I think of seems like a good choice at first, then I can't think of that many examples of a particular punch.

Lennox Lewis' straights? Meh...

mickey ward left hook
tony galento left hook
tommy loughran left hand only
gerry cooney left hook

No need to apologize for being so popular!!!

Wasn't there literally a one armed fighter? I remember the video of the no armed wrestler.

definately frazier.. one handed punchers only become real noticeable when they have no other punches

Kevin Johnson, he throws his right hand maybe once a fight. What a shame.

Back