The older I get and daydreaming of winning the lottery

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by F1980, Jan 25, 2020.

1. F1980 Green Belt

I daydream about winning the lottery or get in a situation where I receive a very large sum of money. But for a very long time now, I think about what I can do for my siblings. I practically have zero interest in the money for myself or what I'd buy with it. I have 3 siblings and I want them all to be wealthy and happy for the rest of their lives, as well as my nieces. Mainly my older sister. Out of 4 of us, she isn't doing so well financially in California. I also daydream of dying and giving her my house and my pension.

When I was growing up, I'd think about wanting to buy mansions, sports cars, etc.... living a life of luxury. That all slowly went away as I grew older. Gradually stopped caring about material things as I began to make more and more money every year.

2. tehend West Coast Distributor Of Pain

My family already has a tenuous agreement that if any of us comes into lotto type money we'll pay off everyone's houses and that's it.

3. RetiredSlave Red Belt

Im the opposite, only started caring about money in the past five years or so. Not to buy things, just to be secure. Ill never be materialistic but I also dont want to end up destitute. I could have a billion and still be driving a beater, living in a modest home. My security details annual wages would most likely cost more than my home in such a situation. Id have a nice yacht though and be travelling a lot.

4. Jesus X Hunter eyes

I'm not doing shit for my family they all make way more money than I do and own homes. if I win the lottery it will be unrestricted hedonism and adventure for a decade until my heart fails.

5. MMA since 1993 ____________ Banned

That dream you can make come true today.

6. lsa Maître d' at The Pussy Lounge

<mma4>

Also LOL at daydreaming about dying and giving stuff away.
    I wonder if he touches him self while daydreaming...

7. Stoic1 I bring the memes

Palmetto State Armory would save money on delivery by just sending a semi trailer instead of going through UPS.

8. Oeshon Steel Belt

I used to daydream a lot like this when I was younger. I have a very vivid imagination and I'm also good at lucid dreaming, so I enjoyed it a lot

I actually made a very deliberate and conscious decision to cut back on daydreaming and try to limit it to lucid dreaming only

The reason is that I found it hinders your motivation and ability to actually set goals and achieve dreams.

I guarantee 99% of people daydreaming about winning big lottery money don't even buy a ticket that week. I think a big part of this is that trying to achieve the 'dream' leads to setbacks and the reality of the work required to get there 'or shatters the delusion of the dream even being feasible at all'.

It's a bad lifestyle habit for poor people.

Small mindset changes like this are what separate those that make it and those that don't and I contribute a lot of my personal success specifically to this one change in my life.

9. strebitel86 Banned Banned

Winning the lottery will put my life in danger, even dangers from my family.

Money has no bounderies.... There's no friends, relatives or family when it comes to money.

10. Saku's Son Blue Belt

I hope the guy you ripped off for his pool repair wins the lottery.
    Maybe when he does you can charge him double for the next one
    <{cruzshake}>

11. Jesus X Hunter eyes

yup that's the power of money and the power of well having power from the money.

12. ChoKuRei Purple Belt Platinum Member

Well that shit ain’t going to happen so better start figuring out another way to secure the $$ big fella. Don’t waste time with daydreaming. Come up with a game plan for success and be consistent with your efforts. That’s it. Tons of people dream about the lotto or robbing a fuckin bank and guess what they are all poor.

13. Jimmy McGill Bored with Sherdog Banned

Murica's 51st State....Formerly Known as England
    I don't think you're along in thinking this, how I would've or would spend my winnings would be massively different from 28 year old me, to 48 year old me.

14. IloveTHIS Humble Narcissist

I think about winning every single day at work. Ive made up my mind that if I play enough, eventually I WILL win...........somehow

Id spend 10 million within the first week on a house, cars, jewelry. go buck wild

15. Jimmy McGill Bored with Sherdog Banned

Murica's 51st State....Formerly Known as England
    is this the douche who was bragging about people are dumb, making bank is easy, <{hughesimpress}> fuck that guy.

16. Saku's Son Blue Belt

Doesn't care about money or materialistic trappings but will gladly fuck over an unsuspecting Rube

17. ARW Blue Belt

I would leave it in the bank and only use the interest.
    Also give nothing away, if you start giving to family and friends you will become a despised cash cow

18. Ying Li Yo mama

You're wasting your time.

1. Learn a niche IT skill
    2. Get certifications
    3. Interview and get a 80k+ job
    4. Buy tons of shit!

19. Lovelyboy Banned Banned

I had a dream I inherited several million dollars from Whoopie Goldberg once. I woke up happy genuinely believing it was real and that this was the start of a new life and that I wouldn't have to work anymore. After a while lying in bed smiling to myself reality hit me.

20. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

You can daydream all you want and blow away your money on lottery tickets, or get educated about stocks and buy Apple. Cha-ching!

Anyone know of a menu of ho's with headshots and full body shots?