The old "where can I buy a gi jacket only?" thread (plus a belt question)...

Arguemaniac

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've searched the forums for this topic and the most relevent search result was from 2008.

So, tell me fellow sherdoggers, anyone know where I can buy gi tops without the pants?

I know that riofightwear.com sells a few Keiko jackets, but I'm looking specifically for Vulkan or Koral. However, I'm open to anything that might be available online, let me know!

Also, on a side note, what are your opinions on the best brand of belt? I currently have a no-name brand that I don't care for. I had an Atama belt that fell apart a while back, so I'm trying to get the most durable belt possible.

I've tried to get my hands on a Lucky or Shoyoroll belt, but I've had zero luck since they always seem to be unavailable. I'm leaning towards an HCK as I've heard really good things about their belts, anyone have experience with those?

I can't help with the gi jackets but I have a keiko raca belt and it's very think and durable. It's thick and it also stays tied which is another good thing.

Budovideos has the Shoyoroll belts in stock. Just not the whitebelts.

Ya I'm really looking for specific brands, Vulkan and Koral, but I'm curious, what else is out there besides BJJ jackets?

Judo gi jackets are pretty similar, sometimes thicker and the cut is different though.

Ya , I'm afriad I'm still a white belt :icon_sad:

The HCK is perfect imo, stays tied, not too stiff, and is usually only about $15 plus shipping. Unless you want a War belt, they're made of gi material, but I think they cost over $35

Oh and I've also been looking for a bjj jacket. Looking for one in black, any brand, and I haven't been able to find one. I can only find white and blue.

The HCK is perfect imo, stays tied, not too stiff, and is usually only about $15 plus shipping. Unless you want a War belt, they're made of gi material, but I think they cost over $35

Hey Unique, where did you get your belt, did it come with an HCK gi or did you buy it seperately?

Ya I'm really looking for specific brands, Vulkan and Koral, but I'm curious, what else is out there besides BJJ jackets?

Well, a jacket is a jacket and I never understood the whole "looks" thing when you are training. For me the gear just needs to be functional and last long. A Judo jacket does the same as a BJJ jacket and costs way less because Judo is not over hyped like BJJ where people will over pay for anything that says BJJ.
Having said that, I think it will be difficult to find a place that sells gi jackets only whether it is a BJJ or Judo gi because a gi implies the set. That's why I asked because if you were not bent on a BJJ jacket only, and just wanted a good grappling jacket to train, it would be probably easier to get a Sambo jacket (kurtka) since they sell them separately. Although if you are in the US it may be a bit difficult to get a hold on one. The easiest way would be to contact ASA. But a Sambo jacket is actually better than BJJ jackets for "gi" training in my opinion.

Well, a jacket is a jacket and I never understood the whole "looks" thing when you are training. For me the gear just needs to be functional and last long. A Judo jacket does the same as a BJJ jacket and costs way less because Judo is not over hyped like BJJ where people will over pay for anything that says BJJ.
I used to think that judo gear is cheaper, but that goes only for entry level kimonos. If you compare prices of top judo brands like Mizuno, Dax, Essimo etc. you will find that they are actually more expensive than Koral, Atama and Keiko. I wanted a Dax moskito, but than I realized that it would actually cost me 30

Padilla & Sons. I'm sure Joe will help you. :icon_lol:

Got you covered bro...

MMA Shorts, Jiu-Jitsu Gis, Gloves and Pads, Rash Guards, T-Shirts

I may end up going with that one myself, but I'm holding out for an Vulkan or Koral.

Ahh nice thanks, but a bit more than I was looking to pay for a top, for that price I would just shell out a couple more bucks for a new padilla and get some more pants too. Oh ya and I bought the belt separately, the belt that came with my HCK gi was a weird karate belt or something, didnt have a black bar on it for stripes.

Last edited:
TTT, any of you guys know where I can buy Judo Gi tops?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back