The OLD SCHOOL ways

I love Liborio, only weighed 80kg but entered and won the super heavyweight division in 1996! Carlson Gracie Jiujitsu guys were the baddest m*therf*ckers out there!

Fixed that for ya. :D

words!

Bulldog.jpg

Apart from the absence of half guard techniques, it doesn't seem that much different from the competitions today.

What ever happened to Rolleta?

I came across this video on youtube......you will see a lot of good Judo throws. Some of these black belts you will recognize. This was how BJJ competition use to look like when I started training in BJJ in the early 90's.....man things have changed.

YouTube - First World Jiu-Jitsu Championship 1996

OOPS

case in point:

Nothing in the rules state that you must go for takedowns.
You can be very successful at sport BJJ without having much of a takedown game at all.

great find, and well edited together. There was a lot of really clean judo in there for sure.

Amazing video...

Great vid. Drac sighting at 3:46 too. Bunch of old school names.

^ By all accounts, he is a crazy man. :D

I love these old school videos. Watching it is sure a pleasure from the usual 10 minute 50/50 stallfest we see far too often these days.

^ By all accounts, he is a crazy man. :D

I love these old school videos. Watching it is sure a pleasure from the usual 10 minute 50/50 stallfest we see far too often these days.

I agree....I watch the old videos I have on VHS tapes all the time......it is good stuff.

^ You still have a VCR?

Hehehehe...

J/K bro. But seriously, transfer to DVD so you can pass it on to future generations. *cough* hint hint *cough*

^ You still have a VCR?

Hehehehe...

J/K bro. But seriously, transfer to DVD so you can pass it on to future generations. *cough* hint hint *cough*

I guess I should do that shit....my VCR is starting to go out....plus those damn tapes are taking up a lot of space.

Back