The okayest exerciser

Dan O

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hello again lads!

Logging helps me stay consistent and I'm getting into a period where regular training could be more challenging than normal. Thought it'd help to keep track again. Can't fall completely apart.

We're close to opening the gym. Hoping to be in the space Mid-July. As such, free time to train is going to be limited. I've stopped working and training at the gym I've been with for the past four or so years, and am currently spending my time at another local affiliate whose owner I have a pretty good relationship with. It's a cool space, nice people.

So, there you go. Check in for Crossfit shenanigans and occasional lifting.

Current stats, done in the past 18 months, at least

Snatch: 240#
Clean and Jerk: 305#
Clean: 310#
Back Squat: 445#
Front Squat: 335#
Deadlift: UNK
OVHS: 285#
Push Press: 265#
Thruster: 265#

BW: 180#, generally

From today:

6/27/2017

A: Back Squat, Beltless:

315 6x4

---Second time in six or so weeks squatting. As a result 70% felt less than great. Moved okay, fourth rep consistently required a pause and some effort.

B: 15 Min AMRAP

5 Deadlift @ 315#
10 Burpee Box Jump Over 24"
20 GHD Sit Ups

Total: 4+26

---Weird doing metcons alone. Hard to pace. Just going be volume, decent result. Unbroken on the GHDs except round 3, which is nice.

C: 4 Rounds For Time

12 Wallballs 20#
2 Rope Climbs, w/ clamp

Time: 4:30

---Just stoked to do these two movements without pain in the neck. First time on the ropes at the temporary gym. Nylon, freehanging, definitely a different animal but happy to train on a more challenging version.

---Still nursing a neck strain. Week three now. Took the weekend off completely to try and let it heal up. Seems to have helped quite a lot. Zero pain today. Hoping I can get back to full duty. Haven't really touched a barbell for almost a month.

6/29/2017

Wednesday

A: Muscle Ups, Rings, Kipping

6x3

---First time on the rings in a couple of months. Zero neck pain. Kept the volume and intensity very conservative. Good opportunity to focus on clean reps and trying to fix my kip out reset.

B: 4 Rounds For Time Of:

10 Cal A/B
2 Rope Climb
10 Bounding Box Jump Over 24"
2 Rope Climb
10 Burpee
2 Rope Climb

Time: 19:50

---Rope climbs got a little challenging at the end. Meh intensity at best though.

---By far the best my neck has felt. I'm still trying to stay conservative and not push too much too soon. Which is what has had me stuck in this limbo for the past few weeks. It'd be real cool to snatch and clean again soon.

Any idea what was causing your neck pain originally? I've had neck issues for years and it has always been triggered by overhead work (mostly pressing but also pullups)

6/29/2017

Thursday

A: Squat Snatch

185 6x4

---Felt great to snatch again. Neck felt solid. One lazy miss in there. Otherwise all reps felt solid.

B: 4 Min AMRAP, 4 Min Break, 4 Min AMRAP

6 Cal Row
6 Toes To Bar

Total: 6 Rounds Flat

6 Cal Row
6 Burpee Over Rower, Lateral

Total: 5 + 2

---Made something up on the fly to match up with the clock the class was using. Short and spicy.

6/30/2017

Friday

A: Squat Clean

245 4x4
245 1x10

---Stoked to move some weight again. Last set felt good so I just kept going. No belt, didn't seem to matter. All I had time for on Friday.

7/2/2017

Sunday

A: 10 Rounds for Time
10 HSPU, Kipping
10 D-Ball over shoulder 150#
10 GHD Sit Up

Time: 42:45

---Geeeezus. Dumb. Neck didn't lock up and those are two trigger movements in there, so thats a victory.

Any idea what was causing your neck pain originally? I've had neck issues for years and it has always been triggered by overhead work (mostly pressing but also pullups)

Honestly it almost always starts when I drop too quickly in a handstand push up during a workout. It always seizes up on the same side, right. This one was probably the worst I've ever had. If I feel it coming and don't address it, this happens. You know, normal being stupid shit.

Back