The Official "THE BACHELOR - Sean Lowe" Thread

So what's everybody's opinion on this whole "swooping" in thing that is getting everyone on the show upset at the daddy bachelor Ben. I can understand why they are getting upset but I dont understand why no one has a counter for someone "swooping" in.

I feel like when Prosecutor guy was talking about his diabetes, he was in mid conversation like most guys are when someone swoops in. But everyone just reluctantly gets up and says something smart as they let the "swooper" take control. It's almost as if everyone feels like it would be rude to stop the "swooper"

My question is, when the swooper comes in and says, "do you mind....?" Why doesnt the person say, "actually yes, we are in the middle of a conversation, do you mind coming back in like 5 minutes?" I feel it would show confidence and control and can be done without looking like a jackass.

Yall feel me? What's the consensus on said "swooping?"

It's standard operating procedure in this show...that's how it's supposed to go in these first couple group dates.

But there's obviously an unspoken code. I don't know how long it is, but it seems there's a certain amount of time it is polite to give someone with the bachelor/bachelorette, then a swoop is warranted. They almost never actually end the convo and get up on their own this early in the show.

Ben must have simply gone in too early. He broke the unwritten rules of giant group dates. Which he has every right to do, he just needs to be prepared to deal with the scorn of the other men and possibly even the bachelorette, who has been in that position herself.

As far as standing your ground and not leaving when you get swooped on, it's happened a couple times over the years and never goes down well. I'm not sure it can be done without coming off like a jackass, or at least they have never shown it go down like that. It always gets very uncomfortable and aggressive, and even if the swooper does leave and you get more time with the lady, the dynamic has sufficiently changed that that time with is no longer valuable. The right thing to do when you get swooped on is to leave like a gentleman - the bachelorette will know what happened and know it's not your fault and may even take pity on you and give you more time on the next date, etc. And she may penalize the swooper for breaking the code of conduct.

It's standard operating procedure in this show...that's how it's supposed to go in these first couple group dates.

But there's obviously an unspoken code. I don't know how long it is, but it seems there's a certain amount of time it is polite to give someone with the bachelor/bachelorette, then a swoop is warranted. They almost never actually end the convo and get up on their own this early in the show.

Ben must have simply gone in too early. He broke the unwritten rules of giant group dates. Which he has every right to do, he just needs to be prepared to deal with the scorn of the other men and possibly even the bachelorette, who has been in that position herself.

As far as standing your ground and not leaving when you get swooped on, it's happened a couple times over the years and never goes down well. I'm not sure it can be done without coming off like a jackass, or at least they have never shown it go down like that. It always gets very uncomfortable and aggressive, and even if the swooper does leave and you get more time with the lady, the dynamic has sufficiently changed that that time with is no longer valuable. The right thing to do when you get swooped on is to leave like a gentleman - the bachelorette will know what happened and know it's not your fault and may even take pity on you and give you more time on the next date, etc. And she may penalize the swooper for breaking the code of conduct.

Well said. At first I was thinking, why would Prosecutor guy leave and then go bitch about it later instead of politely asking Ben to leave. But I think you are right, it would most likely get aggressive, and if the swooper were to leave, then the whole mood of the conversation would change with the bachelor/bachelorette.

You sure seem to know your Bachelor/Bachelorette etiquette Jackie lol.

No sista's or senorita's on this crap ass show? BORING.

there were some minorities the previous show with the guy. There's the token black guy this new season with the Bachelorette but he got outed last night.

If I were the Bachelor, I wouldn't pick the girl who nobody gets along with. Huge red flag. I would guess it's the same for the women.

Last edited:
Last night drove me insane.

I'm totally on James' side.

All those twerps playing the holier than thou card, pretending that nothing but Desiree ever crosses their feeble minds drives me absolutely insane.

The one guy who is actually being honest about the process - that there's a really good chance that she doesn't pick him - and speaks about where that leaves him in life (heading back to chicago, being the next bachelor, whatever) gets totally shat upon.

Don't get me wrong, I think James is a jersey shore salesman of a man that Desiree should have dumped long ago, but he should not have been attacked like that by all those weiners. Kacey and Drew and Michael and Chris can all suck one.

Last night drove me insane.

I'm totally on James' side.

All those twerps playing the holier than thou card, pretending that nothing but Desiree ever crosses their feeble minds drives me absolutely insane.

The one guy who is actually being honest about the process - that there's a really good chance that she doesn't pick him - and speaks about where that leaves him in life (heading back to chicago, being the next bachelor, whatever) gets totally shat upon.

Don't get me wrong, I think James is a jersey shore salesman of a man that Desiree should have dumped long ago, but he should not have been attacked like that by all those weiners. Kacey and Drew and Michael and Chris can all suck one.

oh me too.....

Well we all knew she was going for Jokes/Bokes? that bloke with the longish barnet. Knew Zack was off with the defensive arm kissing.

Looks like Bokes is off.

I like Chris for her.

Back