The Official "THE BACHELOR - Sean Lowe" Thread

jackietreehorn8

fine
@Silver
Reaction score
SEASON BEGINS TONIGHT, MONDAY JANUARY 7th

This is the place where all you guys that are forced to watch this show with your wives can commiserate and discuss the happenings.

If you've ever seen a full season of this, you're familiar with its brilliance. If this is your first time, strap in, you're in for the ride of your life.

This season's Bachelor....Sean Lowe. Spurned last season by the lovely Bachelorette Emily, Sean is now back in the hot seat as 25 perfectly well-adjusted young ladies who all HATE attention, vie for Sean's heart.

sean_zps0e8471c2.jpg

Tonight will feature the initial introductions, cocktail party, and usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 ladies who's dreams are crushed after only minutes with the bachelor.

Taking a look at the roster, based on photos and brief descriptions, I've picked some favorites...

TARYN:
No particular reason other than she's hot and I think Sean is into blondes.
822x.jpg

AMANDA:
Looks nice, Sean's a nice dude.
822x.jpg

ASHLEE:
She's from Texas...Sean is from Texas as well I think, and if not, I know he holds a lot of the christian values and that type of mindset that might attract him to a southern belle type.
822x.jpg

DANIELLA:
822x.jpg

KERIANN:
She seems real motivated and bright - a go getter. Sean is the same way.
822x.jpg

There's a few more but Sherdog only allows me 6 photos per post. I'm not going to bother making this OP a two-parter, I know only about 3 people will ever make it this far anyway.

I can't wait!!

ps - no homo

i've considered watching the bachelor pad, but not so much the bachelor. i dont think i'd want to watch a serious version of flavor of love.

I haven't watched this in a couple of years but there are always a bunch of blazing hot girls wearing skimpy shit. Definitely worth a watch if you don't have anything else to do.

probably the unintentionally funniest reality tv.

First day of "New Posts" function and this is what you come up with, Sherdog?

probably the unintentionally funniest reality tv.

I agree, and therein lies the fun!

A rousing first episode last night. First was the Sean's brilliant idea to give a rose to someone who had just gotten out of the limo - unprecedented! Tierra walked into the cocktail party a marked woman, as she already had a rose. And it appears she plays the heel all season long.
822x.jpg

Next came the surprise revelation that Kacie B was back on the show to try her hand at this again! You remember her from Ben's season, when she was an early favorite and made it to the final 4, but her parents sabotaged her chance at love with Ben. Now she wants Sean. Interesting development because they already know each other. Anyway, she's still hot and very charming, I like her to go far.
kacie-b.jpg

Then came a bizarre cocktail party where Sean was giving out roses willy nilly in a manner that we've never seen before. Usually all the roses are saved for the rose ceremony, but he was giving one out anytime he decided he kind of liked a girl. This sent tensions skyrocketing, as half the girls were carrying roses and half weren't.

A couple girls got wasted and alas, Sean sent 6 ladies home, including at least one of the ones I had pinpointed as a favorite.

This might be a red herring they throw in at the beginning of every season, but as usual there is one girl who seems entirely sane and well adjusted and, well, normal. Amidst a sea of estrogen and misplaced love, this girl always stands out early and makes it far...that girl this year is Desiree. She's got a fighting chance.
822x.jpg

desiree-hartsock-bachelor.jpg

Last edited:
I always inevitably am forced to watch an episode or 5 with my wife so I'm sure I'll be participating in this thread at some point, Jackie.

No homo of course...

So we're not going to mention that one of the girls has one arm? She's attractive (a little below the group average though, would be hot in most groups) and seems nice enough (definitely some emo damage though. However there are clearly hotter women so she has little chance of winning. The question is how long will Sean bring her along in order to not look like a dick.

Also, ABC clearly made an effort to have more black women this year. I believe there were 4 or 5 whereas in previous season the average was probably 1. A reaction to recent bad press.

My early favorite would be Catherine but since Sean is blonde and blondes prefer to mate with other blondes I'm not sure.

ABC really did an excellent job picking crazies this year.

Quote of the night "I wish I hadn't had so much to drink" right before her one of one time with Sean.

oh one final thing. I do not have it in me to watch Kacey B have her heart crushed again. i know this will happen but hopefully she gets a few baton performances in first.

So we're not going to mention that one of the girls has one arm? She's attractive (a little below the group average though, would be hot in most groups) and seems nice enough (definitely some emo damage though. However there are clearly hotter women so she has little chance of winning. The question is how long will Sean bring her along in order to not look like a dick.

Also, ABC clearly made an effort to have more black women this year. I believe there were 4 or 5 whereas in previous season the average was probably 1. A reaction to recent bad press.

My early favorite would be Catherine but since Sean is blonde and blondes prefer to mate with other blondes I'm not sure.

ABC really did an excellent job picking crazies this year.

Quote of the night "I wish I hadn't had so much to drink" right before her one of one time with Sean.

It will be interesting to see how the one-armed woman thing plays out. Sean's a gentleman though, he'll find a way to come out of it looking just fine.

And I noticed all the sisters too...in fact one of the funny moments of the night was Sean "blacking it up" when he was conversing with the one especially ghetto one who he later let go.

I'm skeptical that he's going to go for your Catherine pick. It's not that he won't like her Asianness, I just think she's going to turn out to be annoying and crazy. Every Asian girl on reality TV tuns out this way.

I believe he was actually conversating.

It will be interesting to see how the one-armed woman thing plays out. Sean's a gentleman though, he'll find a way to come out of it looking just fine.

And I noticed all the sisters too...in fact one of the funny moments of the night was Sean "blacking it up" when he was conversing with the one especially ghetto one who he later let go.

I'm skeptical that he's going to go for your Catherine pick. It's not that he won't like her Asianness, I just think she's going to turn out to be annoying and crazy. Every Asian girl on reality TV tuns out this way.

No way he'll pick her, her left arm's missing. It'll make the proposal with the right far too awkward.

From the nightmare that was Ben's season, Kacie B was the standout. I thought she was a 100% lock as the winner.

Hey, good to see you back in here!

Hellooooo !

Man, considering that bird was BORN with half an arm you'd think she wouldn't keep going on about it so much wouldn't you? Don't let it define you, love.

I like Des.

Des is the front runner right now.

Top 3
1. Des
2. Christine
3. Leslie M.

Back