The Official SBC amateur boxing thread.

This Billy Joe Saunders (sp) out of Great Britain is some kind of Fighter. No international experience, but a long lineage of Boxing, and he's hurting this Turkish kid bad.

Well, that's it.

Canada's out of the boxing competition with our one and only competitor getting knocked down in the first and trounced 20-1 in his opening round matchup. But hey, at least the Chinese seem to like us lovable losers of the ring if their chanting is any indication.

Fucking sad.

This Billy Joe Saunders (sp) out of Great Britain is some kind of Fighter. No international experience, but a long lineage of Boxing, and he's hurting this Turkish kid bad.

yeah, its a shame Frankie Gavin isnt fighting either.

i've watched about 20 fights thus far, and the judges scoring in half the fights are blind as shit. wtf.

I just got done watching Jianzheng Wang(China) vs Sergiy Derveyanchenko (Ukraine) and it was some of the worst scoring ever.

The ukranian dominated btw.

Have you guys been watching the the games? The past couple nights that I've tuned in for boxing Teddy Atlas and Bob Papa have been going off over the shitty scoring and possible corruption of these Olympic judges. The Other night I was watching a Cuban and a Nigerian Box, 140lbs,and at the the end the judges had the Cuban up 18-1 when it was obvious to everyone that the Nigerian guy had gotten more points than that, and the Nigerians trainer was losing his mind at the judges not seeing any of his fighters punches landed.It was pretty weak. And these mistakes are made in just about every bout. The Olympics have always had their corrupt moments, but with these games it looks like these people are plain inexperienced, don't watch much boxing or just don't know what their doing.

I need help with something here.

who was the kid that fought last night that i believe was from the bahamas? he constantly moved forward and beat the hell out of the body. he won by a big margin.

i ask because im afraid i'l find spoilers.

also....Teddy is perfect for these competitions.

EDIT: jackson kid

I saw one fight with a Cameroonian boxer that looked awesome

Julian Jackson's other kid advanced. Go Jualin, two Olympic Sons. The man really did and IS doing everything he can to help Boxing. lol

I need help with something here.

who was the kid that fought last night that i believe was from the bahamas? he constantly moved forward and beat the hell out of the body. he won by a big margin.

i ask because im afraid i'l find spoilers.

also....Teddy is perfect for these competitions.

Toureano Johnson.

They just showed Demetrius Andrade's opening round fight a little while ago up here on TSN, and uh...Ugly, mauling type of fight, and very much unimpressive compared to a lot of the other fighters I've seen so far.

What the fuck is wrong with this site?

I agree, Andrade did not look very impressive in his fight. I am rooting for him, but he needs to stop getting in so close and use his reach if he wants to take the gold. I'm sure he will look better his next matchup though.

Is the Aussie team gonna get mauled yet again?...Brad Pitt is touted pretty highly by sports mags over here. Though im not optimistic, we've already lost 3.

Ive only caught 6 or 7 fights thus far but have been pretty shocked at the lack of a jab from most of the fighters. A lot more brawling and less boxing than what i was expecting. Andrade looked like crap and has me worried. Hopefully it was just jitters and he got it out of his system. It drives me crazy to see fighers with a good jab and long reach abandon them and try to brawl it out on the inside and wing wild powershots.

I heard Teddy say something about a figher not being able to make weight for team USA? Did i hear this wrong?

Gary Russel Jr.

Gary Russel Jr.

he lives close to me and I seen him in a gym twice. Kind of saddend me when I heard the news. I was watching simpsons, and then they previwed the eye witness news, which was on next, and it made me pull a darth vader like NOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

Back