Status
Not open for further replies.
m96jjd.jpg

<YeahOKJen>

Keep sucking that roided dick and trash posting on sherdog

<{clintugh}>

Not a GGG fan lol

<Dany07> Holy shit !! MAD AF !!

<mma4> I TOLD YOU ALL THERE ARE NO GGG FANS, JUST CANELO HATERS !! JUST LOL !! THANKS FOR THE LOL'S @Final Say !!

m96jjd.jpg

<Dany07> Holy shit !! MAD AF !!

<mma4> I TOLD YOU ALL THERE ARE NO GGG FANS, JUST CANELO HATERS !! JUST LOL !! THANKS FOR THE LOL'S @Final Say !!

Not a Canelo hater, a PED cheat hater

I had no dog in the first one, I just like good fights. Once you dope, you're a coward for life

m96jjd.jpg

Not a Canelo hater, a PED cheat hater

I had no dog in the first one, I just like good fights. Once you dope, you're a coward for life

<DirkMavs> LOL !! IF ALL ELSE FAILS CALL IT CHEATING !! JUST LOL !!

crying-meme-gif-8.gif

" DAMN YOU TACOS. DAMN YOU TO HELL !! "

<{blankeye}> .

m96jjd.jpg

<DirkMavs> LOL !! IF ALL ELSE FAILS CALL IT CHEATING !! JUST LOL !!

crying-meme-gif-8.gif

" DAMN YOU TACOS. DAMN YOU TO HELL !! "

<{blankeye}> .
Calling it cheating is calling it what it is

Canelo is a PED cheat, no two ways about it

Canelo landed 2 clean hooks up top, 2 to the body, a really nice right hand to the body as well. Those kind of dictated the pace of the round, keeping GGG a bit on the defensive. GGG threw a few more jabs (but they were more defensive jabs, rather than offensive, and didn't land many of them). Canelo showed really good head movement and slipped a lot of them. GGG landed a right hand, but it wasn't as good as Canelo's hooks. I thought Canelo did more dmg, controlled the pace and distance, with the output being about the same. GGG's fight also was already starting to redden, and his body language was that of someone confused.

This fight had a lot of close rounds. Now I have it an edge to GGG of 5-4, with three rounds even. If I were to score those rounds, I have it 7-5 for GGG.

I am going to have to score it one more time at some point in the next few days.

My new score is

1 - canelo. for reason I just said.

2 - even with edge to Canelo. About even output, controlled pace, landed some really nice body shots, that controlled GGG. GGG's face started to get marked.

3 - even with edge to GGG (originally had it even with edge to Canelo). Closest round of the fight IMO. If I had to pick someone, Canelo didn't throw enough and was mostly stalking, trying to slip punches, but did not try to counter enough. Outworked by GGGs jab.

4 - GGG. first round GGG started to land some clean shots, kept his jab up, and he outworked Canelo. Canelo looked like he needed a bit of a breather.

5 - Canelo. Landed some great inside shots and really impressed me after taking the previous round off. GGG did not throw much at all, I think he was really taken by surprise that round by Canelo's inside fighting, defense, and power shot output.

6 - Canelo. Walked GGG down, landed the more eye catching shots, and outworked GGG with G being to tentative. He didn't even have good defense, just not doing much.

7 - Canelo, same as the previous round. Canelo walking him down and landing a lot of impressive shots. Not much from GGG other than standing there with his ear muffs up, taking some clean shots to the body and up top.

8 - GGG. Closer than I originally thought, but still thought GGG came back with his jab, and started to mix in his shots. Up until this round, he mostly was throwing defensive jabs, with some short, straight right hands mixed in. Now he finally started to stand his ground and throw those short hooks up top, and some inside uppercuts.

9 - even with edge to GGG if I had to pick - which is a change, as I originally gave it to Canelo. First round where I felt GGG started to control the distance and pace, beginning to come to Canelo. Both landed some eye catching shots, but GGG outworked him and controlled all aspects of the round.

10-12 - all GGG. All close rounds, amazing rounds. But I thought GGG pretty clearly outworked him in each of these rounds with the jab, controlling the distance and pace. In each round, GGG also landed a couple more power shots than Canelo. I had the 12 round even, both controlled about half of the round.... GGG won it with the uppercut during the last 15 seconds.

So, giving draw rounds, I now have it 4 clear rounds to Canelo, 5 clear rounds to GGG, and 3 even.

If I had to choose a winner each of those rounds, which I would, I have it 7-5 for GGG, a 2 round swing from my score last night.

Now I have round 11 for Canelo. Last night and this morning, I had it for GGG. But now I see Canelo really took over the last minute of that round and seemed to pretty clearly win it.

So now I have it 5 rounds for Canelo, 4 for GGG, 3 even. If I had to score the even rounds, I have it 6-6 draw.

How do you guys even keep track of the scoring?? I gave up after the fifth and just enjoyed it!! NO ROBBERY!!

My 2cents. I haven't seen the fight yet, but based on what I was reading here from all you guys last night.
Looks like Canelo came out ealry, got a very ealry lead and quite a bit of rounds in his pocket through the first 6. You guys were throwing around phrases like, "GGG looks old and slow since last fight" ; "GGG looked gassed already" ; "Canelo is walking him down, dominating etc.". IFrom what I saw in this thread it looked like Canelo pretty much had the 1st 6 rounds or maybe with GGG a round or two mixed in. So after 6 rounds if Canelo was up 4 - 2 (which is what all 3 judges had), he really wouldn't have to do much to pull out at the very least a draw (just go 3 - 3 the last 6 rounds of the fight and you got the win). So.... you guys complaining about GGG losing, can you really score GGG winning every round after the 6th, or Canelo winning no more than 1 round after the 6th? I'm just doing the math.

There were a few close rounds from 6 to 10 (which means anybody could've won those), based on what you guys were saying. Then it wasnt until the 10th round that the consensus looked like "GGG 2nd wind", "Canelo Slowing" , "GGG won that one easy" etc.
Leads me to believe GGG was dominating down the stretch. The issue is, how many rounds did GGG clearly win early in the fight. Fights aren't won by how you look the last 3 rounds, it's how many rounds you've won over the course of 12. It's really easy to go for the last thing you saw (last rounds), and especially if you're a fan of the knockout artist GGG, when you finally see him coming on. There's a lot of emotional reactions around here, but can you really say GGG won MORE ROUNDS than Canelo? Cause from where I'm sitting it didn't read like that when the fight was going on.

Last edited:
I got the $9.95 stream code via eBay (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ordering-ggg-vs-canelo-for-under-15-tonight.3826347/ that was AWESOME) and it was glorious in the kitchen where the kids have a 32"? monitor on the desktop. Problem is, I don't "have" it to watch again as I would if I DVR'd it. I'll get one of my techie buddies to get me a copy and re-watch, but again, I had it 115-113 GGG, gave Canelo the 12th barely, gave GGG a few close rounds that could have certainly gone either way I felt. Which would take me to a draw, or even Canelo by a point. Most rounds were close, IMO. Few "clear" rounds compared to your typical bout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back