***The Official Sanctioned Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury RBR Thread 12/1 SHO PPV***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you are acting like it was the Robberies of Robberies, Fury won more rounds , but quite a few were toss ups and then Wilder had the 2 KDs , even though Fury fought back in those rounds it's rare to not give a guy 10-8s for KDs, that's 4 in the bank. This isn't that complicated .
The 115_111 is a straight robbery there's no logical way of coming up with that score.
The result isn't. (Kinda)

I don't know how I'd score it cause I don't watch often. It's hard to know what your referencing for MMA fights but if it's the fact everytime there's a close fight, people make threads saying its a robbery, I wouldn't compare it to this. I guess a five point split is only actually picking fight A over fighter B in two rounds differently? Fights where a single judge is completely off from the others stand out to be as issues so this one just seems similar when all three had different opinions/

I wasn't reading through here during the fight
Just one of many
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/308/Clay-Guida-vs-Marcus-Aurélio

2 judges have it 30-27
1 judge way off 28-29 in favor of the other opponent

Keep in mind its only 5 rounds it would've looked just as bad if not worse if it was 12

So yeah it happens , and yes people complain on both sports

Like you said you didn't score it. You went off of how you would give it to a fighter not by the rules in boxing

I had it fury slightly but no way was it a robbery

I was honestly shocked the ref even gave him the chance. He looked out cold.

Unreal recovery.
yeah, I thought he was going to wave it off. I said to my friend, “it’s over.” And then he got up. Unreal.

I had Fury winning, narrowly, but not going to piss and moan.

Just a great fight, getting up from the knockdown in the 12th....JFC....

Respect to Wilder as well...

And I'm on the Gypsy train...

Last night, and hearing Fury's story about his recovery...I'm a fan.

Yes homo

They remind me of people who are partisan hacls for politics. Omg, MMA good, boxing bad!!! Just like omg Obama bad, but Trump is god, or Trump sucks bit Hillary is great.

Biggest false equivalency in the history of false equivalencies. Holy shit, you must not read.

Great fight though.

So a bunch of boxers and former boxers are saying fury won. Lewis, Mayweather, GGG

So "@forumregulars", I was in Lexington for a club soccer tourney for my daughter and the hotel had dish which went on the fritz during heavy thunderstorms for the Ohio State game which was killing me (on and off for the first quarter, then good), and I went to bed before this one started.
A draw is OK, but the wide Wilder card is suspect, is that the gist of it?
I will be watching on Showtime Saturday, but...

Sounds like it was good? I expected Fury to survive Widler in the early rounds and then finish him in the later ones, via superior boxing, but I mean it was his first real fight back after coke bingeing and getting up to what, 518 pounds or something?

Anyway, let's do it again! Has to be more money in it for both of them in a rematch, right? They should hit the bank again, IMO. If it was an entertaining HW bout.

On a side note, interesting that it was a draw given the poll results, no? Voters were almost 50/50 with a sampling of what, 101?

yeah, I thought he was going to wave it off. I said to my friend, “it’s over.” And then he got up. Unreal.
I was so shocked at all the sudden drama I could hardly think of much else for a moment. I had zero doubt it was over. When Fury got up I was reminded of the Undertaker. I would have likely stopped the fight right at the last knockdown if I had been the ref. However, as things panned out, I would have given Fury on points. In all fairness, both fighters gave a very compelling performance.

I suggest you talk with your optometrist about an upgrade your prescription.

The first wild right in mid-ring hurt him, he backed up & clowned like he always does when you hurt him (it's such a tell, he's done it forever), then WIlder landed a quick one-two which shook him some more & Fury tapped his chin, Wilder landed to the body with a jab then the big lunging one-two where Wilder missed the jab & landed the right on the side of Fury's ducking head started Fury going properly & he weaved straight into Wilder's follow-up left hook which had him slumping forwards & from there his legs were so fucked that he couldn't stay upright as he tried to dodge when Wilder swiped the right swing-left hook at him again.

It's weird that people simply don't get accumulation of damage when there's a big puncher involved; it's like if a puncher doesn't blast someone with one highlight reel shot they go "Must've been a slip" or something.

Check this out bruva. Tyson being interviewed about the knock down in the 12th

Just guessing that he over-trained for it
Likely. But I think he would have been well advised to put on weight like Lennox Lewis did after loss to Oliver McCall. Lewis added 20 pounds and that, along with the tutelage of Manny Steward, served him well! I think Wilder could have added 25 pounds over his best weight, if done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back