Elections ***The OFFICIAL SANCTIONED Dem Primary Debate PBP Night Two 6/27***

Who won? Vote for night two below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PHATV

Boss Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to these opening nights. Let the games begin!!!

First Debate

June 26 and 27, 2019
NBC News Democratic Primary Debate
Time: 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT)
Aired On: NBC, MSNBC and Telemundo
Live Stream: NBCNews.com

Night 1 - June 26
Booker, Castro, de Blasio, Delaney, Gabbard, Inslee, Klobuchar, O'Rourke, Ryan, Warren

Night 2 - June 27
Bennet, Biden, Buttigieg, Gillibrand, Harris, Hickenlooper, Sanders, Swalwell, Williamson, Yang

The debate will air at the same time and on the same channels on each night.

Location: The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami, Florida
Moderator: Savannah Guthrie, Lester Holt, Chuck Todd, Rachel Maddow and José Diaz-Balart
Qualifications: A candidate will need to either have at least 1 percent support in three qualifying polls or provide evidence of at least 65,000 individual donations from a minimum of 200 different donors in at least 20 states. Tie-breaker rules will be used to limit the debate to 20 candidates.

th

Bernie faces new kind of threat in Elizabeth Warren...
She takes BIG lead in progressive poll...
Biden earned $200,000 for paid speeches...
Demanded caprese salad, topped off with raspberry sorbet with biscotti...
At center of circular firing squad...
Party officials fear debate horror show...
Two Nights, Five Moderators, 20 Candidates: Can NBC Pull Off?
POLL: BERNIE TAKES LEAD OVER BIDEN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE...

From what I've seen in interviews and being able to think quickly on their feet, I would give Pete Buttigieg-120 odds of "winning" this.

Bernie Sanders knows how to electrify the crowd and seems genuine, i have him at +180.

Andy Yang might fly under the radar...the man is probably the most truly impartial candidate in the dem field, a man who values country over political party.

I'm rooting for my fellow Asian.

From what I've seen in interviews and being able to think quickly on their feet, I would give Pete Buttigieg-120 odds of "winning" this.

Bernie Sanders knows how to electrify the crowd and seems genuine, i have him at +180.
Mayor Pete is good, and I love how he subtly told those black protestors that they can go fuck themselves.

Telling that ignorant bitch “I’m not asking for your vote”
<20>

I woulda given him the whitiest of white people high fives right there, in front of everyone in that ignorant mob.

That’s how you do it mayor Pete. Don’t bend the knee to pure nonsense and childish temper tantrums.

Last edited:
Thursday night...

Andy Yang might fly under the radar...the man is probably the most truly impartial candidate in the dem field, a man who values country over political party.

I'm rooting for my fellow Asian.

Only problem is that if one flies under the radar, how does one get noticed?

Things I want to take note of this debate:
-How Harris will handle Biden. Many think her and Booker's path to winning needs to involve South Carolina and winning a larger portion of black voters than they are currently polling at. Biden is preemptively doing well with this group so does Harris attack Biden directly or hope Biden self destructs on his own or from some other candidate on the stage? There's also the VP aspect here thought I think it's way to early for any candidate to calculate that.
-How does Buttigieg do in a debate environment? I think he comes off better in a town hall setting and he may struggle here. He doesn't seem like a person who will speak over anyone and also doesn't handle criticisms of his record/policies with quick answers. I think this could hurt him due to the speed and assertiveness a debate format demands.
-Will Sanders still seem as great to Dems in 2020 as he did in 2016? Last election was a small field and a very unlikable frontrunner. This year, we have far more candidates and some going for similar paths as Bernie to win the nomination. I think he benefits the first debate by having Warren on a different night. I also think like Biden, he may be propped up by name recognition at this point. The first debate or so will be telling.

And that's more or less the problem with Sanders supporters

This hurt my feelings. :-/

He's indisputably going to clean out every debate ofc but I just found it bemusing there's already an OFFICIAL SANCTIONED thread for Night 2, and with a poll included no less.

He's indisputably going to clean out every debate ofc but I just found it bemusing there's already an OFFICIAL SANCTIONED thread for Night 2, and with a poll included no less.
Especially when night 1 still hasn't happened, lol

Does anyone know if the stream shows outside the US?

How is it "bemusing", exactly? And you actually voted already? On tomorrow night's debate winner?
What a Bernie cum-guzzler you are! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Night one thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...te-pbp-night-one-6-26.3976997/#post-153000289

Things I want to take note of this debate:
-How Harris will handle Biden. Many think her and Booker's path to winning needs to involve South Carolina and winning a larger portion of black voters than they are currently polling at. Biden is preemptively doing well with this group so does Harris attack Biden directly or hope Biden self destructs on his own or from some other candidate on the stage? There's also the VP aspect here thought I think it's way to early for any candidate to calculate that.
After these debates, it will be clear who is still running for President, and who's just running for Cabinet positions and/or brand recognition.

-How does Buttigieg do in a debate environment? I think he comes off better in a town hall setting and he may struggle here. He doesn't seem like a person who will speak over anyone and also doesn't handle criticisms of his record/policies with quick answers. I think this could hurt him due to the speed and assertiveness a debate format demands.
I predict Peter will be running for a cabinet position shortly after these debates.

Over the past few weeks, he's been alienating his already miniscule base.

-Will Sanders still seem as great to Dems in 2020 as he did in 2016? Last election was a small field and a very unlikable frontrunner. This year, we have far more candidates and some going for similar paths as Bernie to win the nomination. I think he benefits the first debate by having Warren on a different night. I also think like Biden, he may be propped up by name recognition at this point. The first debate or so will be telling.

Sanders window has already come and gone. He had momentum in 2015-16, but the Democratic party leadership rigged the primary. Worse yet, Sanders bent the knee and endorsed Hillary Clinton. This can make Hillary a campaign issue all over again.

What a Bernie cum-guzzler you are! Not that there's anything wrong with that

Not Bernie, Bro. This Thread = Pre-Ejac.

Sanders window has already come and gone.

It's really more like his life has come and gone. Don't get me wrong, elite vigor relative to the average senior citizen and I doubt I'll live another 50 years or whatever to reach such an advanced age but @Lowmanproblems dispicable ageism has admittedly started rubbing off a little bit.

His momentum is fine and platform most timely, but it would've really helped if this were '88 CSPAN Interview era Bernie running for POTUS. I know, he looked damn near exactly the same three decades ago but still.

Not Bernie, Bro. This Thread = Pre-Ejac.

Made one, split it into two to allow for a proper poll in each. I'll check with you first next time, though. My bad.

Night one was mostly civil aside from Beto making himself too tempting of a target on occasion

Will night two remain as civil? Or will Bernie take some shots at Biden for being a corporate candidate and not a progressive the way the party has seemed to be moving?

I'm also curious if they'll use mostly the same questions (I was impressed with the wording of them NBC created), or if they'll he different?

Reparations didn't show up last night, but will it this evening with Kamala Harris up there?

How much Spanish will be spoken?

Will NBC open up with a flogging of whoever left the mics on?

Find out next time, on DNC abridged!

Let's see how Pete buttigieg does tonight...

I dont agree with over half of what he stands for., but I certainly envy his creative articulation and ability to have a salient response for everything.

Hopefully Kamala Harris can shake off all of the sexist attacks on her and get out from under the shadow of Brown.

Night one was mostly civil aside from Beto making himself too tempting of a target on occasion

Will night two remain as civil? Or will Bernie take some shots at Biden for being a corporate candidate and not a progressive the way the party has seemed to be moving?

I'm also curious if they'll use mostly the same questions (I was impressed with the wording of them NBC created), or if they'll he different?

Reparations didn't show up last night, but will it this evening with Kamala Harris up there?

How much Spanish will be spoken?

Will NBC open up with a flogging of whoever left the mics on?

Find out next time, on DNC abridged!

2nd only to Rick Perry, I have never seen a candidate fuck up his credibility and stock in the race as much as Beto did last night

Back