The official poster for UFC 157 released.

f.gif

Love the poster, so far the card is shaping up to be pretty decent. With that being said, Hendo/Machida should be the main event and Rousey/Carmuche should be co-main event....regardless of what DW says.

The folks of facebook are tearing this event apart. I think they want Dana's blood for this main event.

Faber was never given gimme fights. His last six fights have been Barao, Bowles, Cruz, Wineland, Mizugaki, and Aldo. He gets a lot of title shots, but he beats top notch fighters to do so.

I think he's gotten his impotent nerd rage confused.

The folks of facebook are tearing this event apart. I think they want Dana's blood for this main event.
It's a title fight.

Title fights get top billing.

Not doing so would completely devalue the title.

Don't get me wrong, I figured they'd piggy back this title fight onto another card with a title fight on it. However, this also makes sense. They test the waters on Ronda's marketability, and the marketability of WMMA with this one. She and WMMA have to sell this fight. If the event doesn't do well, they know where the product (WMMA) stands.

Is there a specific reason that Machida/Henderson could not be scheduled for five rounds too? Is there an AC ruling saying that only main events can? Let's be honest, the women's fight going the distance would be surprise of the century.

It's a title fight.

Title fights get top billing.

Not doing so would completely devalue the title.

Don't get me wrong, I figured they'd piggy back this title fight onto another card with a title fight on it. However, this also makes sense. They test the waters on Ronda's marketability, and the marketability of WMMA with this one. She and WMMA have to sell this fight. If the event doesn't do well, they know where the product (WMMA) stands.

Oh, I don't disagree at all. It's just about how educated the casual masses are. The real question is what happens if Rousey loses? Unless she gets rematched for the title, how do they expect any other woman to headline? Who's gonna buy Carmouche-Tate? If things don't work out for Rousey, I see this whole wmma thing getting canned really fast, tbh.

good god the ufc really wants faber to be champ with all of these title fights

Diaz getting a title shot/etc makes people bitch about the sport losing legitimacy. If the title fight did not get top billing, I'm sure the same folks would be coming out of the woodwork here for the same type of complaint.

So...

Rousey = Machida

Carmouche = Faber

and

Hendo = Menjivar?

It's weird; Carmouche looks a lot like an aunt of mine, and she's openly gay, too.

Back