The Official LOW-CARB Recipe Thread:

I added cream cheese to my pork rind dough tonight and it's much different.

You might try one of these recipes for a crispy thin crust style:

Stuff I Make My Husband: The Great Pizza Experiment

That is an awesome link, thanks for posting it.

I need to find some coconut flour and some almond flour to try those ones out.

Do you happen to have any other low carb recipe links that you use?

ingredients

• 2 large eggs
  • about 200gr broccoli
  • 50 gr mushrooms
  • 50gr peppers
  • 25gr parmesan
  • 25 gr graviera cretan cheese/ any other cheese
  • some olive oil (-8grams)
  • the remaining salmon (100gr):icon_twis
directions

1. preheat the oven

2. put eggs, oil, broccoli and cheese to a food processor and mix them all together. Add pepper if you want to

3.cut mushrooms and peppers to slices

4. put the mixture onto a tray & form a thin layer of "dough"
then put everything else on top and bake for about 10 minutes

it should be about 720 kcal ( 20gr carbs 45gr fat 59 gr protein). i used "fitday" to count them....

*now to some... this is not a pizza, since i used no flour but it sounds more... tempting than omelette!
:redface:

5543337414_4b54177a8f.jpg
[/url]
IMAG1275 by pax-h2o, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Whatever is wrong with pork?

Please don't cite Bronze Age religious injunctions or modern junk science defamation of pig flesh.

I find it tastes gross, I decided to stop eating it only 3 years ago. They're gross animals once you see how they look/smell/sound/act/eat in person.

I've not met an animal in person that I don't think is gross.

They're perverts, and they poop and pee on everyone and everything.

The weather's warming up and I had an idea for a low carb treat. Bear with me here... low carb ice lollies. I', going to try 3 parts water / 1 part apple cider vinegar / 1 part lemon juice / 1 part xylitol and see how it turns out.

Yeah those should be relatively easy to make. My partner and I eventually want to have a cafe/bakery. Because we're both HispanItalians, one of the things we agreed on that we have to have, especially if it's in Florida or Vegas, is sugar free Italian Ices. It'd be about the same recipe as that.

Fa sho:

2 (15oz) cans of White Kidney Beans (Cannellini) (drained and rinsed)
2 lbs ground beef
2 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, or green)
1 1/2c chopped onion
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1-2 tbsp minced jalapeno peppers
2 (14.5oz) cans of diced tomatoes
1 (14.5oz) can of tomato sauce
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper

Are tomatoes, onions, and white beans all low GI carbs or only when they are combined together?

I came to this forum after trying the 4 Hour Body "slow-carb" diet for the last couple weeks and finding myself a little disappointed with the results so far (not much scale weight loss, feeling a bit tired, some stomach issues) to see if anyone else is trying it out. After spending a few hours reading the big zero carb thread, it looks like the main difference is that the 4hrB diet recommends eating lots of beans long with the protein, fat and cruciferous/leafy green veg like broccoli and spinach. I was about to try cutting out the beans and add some fat but it looks like white beans at least are ok?

The white beans block the body's ability to absorb glucose gastro-intestinally. Onions don't have an insulin response if memory serves me, and the tomato would be negated by the white beans.

So, white beans have zero carbs your saying? or are you saying they block other carbs?

They inherently have a carb content, that's not absorbed, and they block some other carbs. I'm not sure what the percentage is off the top of my head. But if you look at any "Phase 2 Carb Cutter"...the main active ingredient is white kidney bean extract.

Are tomatoes, onions, and white beans all low GI carbs or only when they are combined together?

I came to this forum after trying the 4 Hour Body "slow-carb" diet for the last couple weeks and finding myself a little disappointed with the results so far (not much scale weight loss, feeling a bit tired, some stomach issues) to see if anyone else is trying it out. After spending a few hours reading the big zero carb thread, it looks like the main difference is that the 4hrB diet recommends eating lots of beans long with the protein, fat and cruciferous/leafy green veg like broccoli and spinach. I was about to try cutting out the beans and add some fat but it looks like white beans at least are ok?

I practice most of the principles found in the "slow-carb" diet. I have both a lifting log and a diet log if you want to take a look.

Flax bread/crackers

1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp water
Add whatever spices you like. I added Rosemary this morning and it was awesome. I feel weird recommending Rosemary on a site frequented by you manly types- chick's will dig it.

Mix and let it sit for a minute or two. Place either parchment paper or cellophane on a plate, spread as much of the mixture as you want and whatever shape you make (get creative) but not too thin, microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. These are super low carb and as filling as a piece of bread. The plain ones are awesome with some peanut butter.

(got this from http://blog.yourlighterside.com/p/eats-recipes.html- they've got some cool shiz)

The white beans block the body's ability to absorb glucose gastro-intestinally. Onions don't have an insulin response if memory serves me, and the tomato would be negated by the white beans.

Sweet! I actually made a similar chili recipe last Sunday with black, pinto, and red kidney beans that I've been eating all week for lunch, but I wasn't sure if the tomatoes and aromatics were low/slow carb enough since they aren't included in the book. I'll try it with the white beans this week - what do you think of fresh lemon or lime juice used to further blunt the insulin response? Thanks for all the great advice here and in the big thread, very helpful!

I practice most of the principles found in the "slow-carb" diet. I have both a lifting log and a diet log if you want to take a look.

I'll check it out. Thanks and good luck!

I'm feeling better tonight after some eggs, clarified butter and a spoonful of almond butter for dessert. I fasted for 24 hours before dinner after a not so fun day on Tuesday and that seems to have helped.

To contribute a recipe to the recipe thread:

2 Trader Joes Spicy Italian Chicken Sausages, cut into rounds
1/2 bunch Broccoli Rabe, chopped into 2 inch pieces and rinsed
1/2 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
1 galic clove, peeled and smashed
Juice of half a lemon
olive oil
kosher or sea salt
red pepper flakes (optional)

Coat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat with olive oil, add the garlic and chili flakes. When garlic begins to sizzle and brown, and the sausage rounds and brown on both sides. Add the beans and stir. Add the rabe, a pinch of salt, stir well and cover with a lid till the leaves are wilted and stems are steamed tender. Uncover and let the pan almost dry out over low heat, then stir in the lemon juice and serve. Cheese is not 4 hour Body approved (except on cheat day) but according to what I've read here it's ok so some finely grated parm-reg or pecorino could be added to the finished dish, along with a drizzle of more olive oil for more fat content.

Flax bread/crackers

1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp water
Add whatever spices you like. I added Rosemary this morning and it was awesome. I feel weird recommending Rosemary on a site frequented by you manly types- chick's will dig it.

Mix and let it sit for a minute or two. Place either parchment paper or cellophane on a plate, spread as much of the mixture as you want and whatever shape you make (get creative) but not too thin, microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. These are super low carb and as filling as a piece of bread. The plain ones are awesome with some peanut butter.

(got this from http://blog.yourlighterside.com/p/eats-recipes.html- they've got some cool shiz)

These are amazing..with almond butter

Your wish is my command.

bfett81's notes: Do not use a pizza stone, and make sure you press the water from the dough, pat it dry thoroughly before baking, or it comes out soggy. You may want to flip the crust to get it evenly cooked.

This crust is not as stiff as the pork rind crust, which I will now post, and prefer.

bfett81's notes: Do not overcook this or it will be dry. I overcooked mine because I didn't want to it to come out too flimsy like the cauliflower was the first time (I didn't get the water out of it the first time I did it).

I'm making a pork rind crust again today.

These were both good fresh from the oven and even better the next day cold for breakfast, which surprised me a little.

Pictures:

6s9jqx.jpg

2dgngp1.jpg

Have not made a pork-rind hamburger bun. But I think that is my next task. Going to attempt those chocolates today. I have cream cheese, too.

Any nutritional breakdown on the Pizza?

Back