The Official "How do you feel now that you eat good?" Thread.

The island of Cyprus once had a rat problem. The locals, in their infinite wisdom, brought in cats by the boat load to solve said rat problem. Anyone care to guess what kind of problem they have now?

bacon said:
The island of Cyprus once had a rat problem. The locals, in their infinite wisdom, brought in cats by the boat load to solve said rat problem. Anyone care to guess what kind of problem they have now?

Obesity?

If you mean Feline obesity, then you're close. The island is littered with "cat sanctuaries". Local are encouraged to bring stray cats to these santuaries. Once there, the cats are spayed/neutered and then fed for the rest of their captive lives.

I was a bit surprised when I heard this. I would have thought that since they brought in cats to take care of the rat problem, the logical solution to the cat problem would be dogs. Then to solve the dog problem, you just need to find a culture that thinks dogs are tasty and invite them over for a month or too for a buffet. I know, I know....I'm a genius.

bacon said:
If you mean Feline obesity, then you're close. The island is littered with "cat sanctuaries". Local are encouraged to bring stray cats to these santuaries. Once there, the cats are spayed/neutered and then fed for the rest of their captive lives.

I was a bit surprised when I heard this. I would have thought that since they brought in cats to take care of the rat problem, the logical solution to the cat problem would be dogs. Then to solve the dog problem, you just need to find a culture that thinks dogs are tasty and invite them over for a month or too for a buffet. I know, I know....I'm a genius.
Dog... isnt that, oriental? :icon_chee

When you said this it reminded me of Ari Schaffer

bacon said:

1 too many degrees of separation. Instead, you just eat the fucking cats.

Well the good thing about America is we have plenty cats, dogs, rats, etc. We just have also many many stupid people who believe these animals are little humans, as opposed to what they really are. So now we have dogs and cats wearing clothes, staying in hotels, eating processed quisine, and I'm pretty sure some have cell phones, and the elite have celebrity careers. Thus, they're "beyond" the food chain I guess.

1 too many degrees of separation. Instead, you just eat the fucking cats.

lol You're killing me with this because you're one of the first people I've ever seen with as much indifference as I have. I LOVE when "activists" get upset at this notion because I always say:

"Look, in different parts of the World they don't have the decadence and surplus we do. If I'm in micronesia somewhere and my only shot at a vigor-sustaining meal is Fido or Fluffy, one if not both of them has GOT to go. I don't give a fuck who cries over it. If it's smaller than me, slower than me, or dumber than me, it's dinner."

One of my favorite Discovery shows was Going Tribal, just to see what Bruce Parry was going to have to eat next. And that guy had balls of solid stone withsome of the shit he ate on account of there was just plain nothing else.

King Kabuki said:
If it's smaller than me, slower than me, or dumber than me, it's dinner."
Hopefully im at least faster than you :icon_chee

I agree KK, I am waiting for people to start keeping cows in their homes... when that day comes people wont be able to eat cows either... :rolleyes:

King Kabuki said:
Well the good thing about America is we have plenty cats, dogs, rats, etc. We just have also many many stupid people who believe these animals are little humans, as opposed to what they really are. So now we have dogs and cats wearing clothes, staying in hotels, eating processed quisine, and I'm pretty sure some have cell phones, and the elite have celebrity careers. Thus, they're "beyond" the food chain I guess.

Dude, this isn't much worse than feeding your cat Omega-3 reinforced rats, or giving Kobe Beef cows massages and beer. Think about the quality of the end product. That little shit chihuahua Paris Hilton keeps in her purse, with a little fattening, would taste wonderful.

Some people have accused me of being a dog lover because my dog is in my av. Not true. I love my dog. Everyone elses dog can kiss my ass.

I'd eat your grandmothers if it came down to it.

For some reason Bulldogs are the exception. Wait, I know the reason. Old Bugs Bunny cartoons. I can't picture a bulldog without a Turtle-neck, a bowler, a cigar, and a New York accent. It's impossible.

LOL!

Hope my wife never reads that. She's already trying to decide what bacon is going to be for Halloween......Yeah, I know, I know.....

Dude, let her turn him into Spike/Butch. DO IT!!

I don't know man. I think she has her heart set on making him an Eeyore costume. Fuckin Winnie the Pooh and shit.

Still keeping the trend strong.

By the way, some one said I might be craving the iron in the chocolate.

That maybe so. I haven't eaten meat in large amounts like I usually do.

All I know is I'm craving something.

ludichris said:
Hopefully im at least faster than you :icon_chee

I agree KK, I am waiting for people to start keeping cows in their homes... when that day comes people wont be able to eat cows either... :rolleyes:
There's people who would like to make it so ya can't eat cows now... So what do ya means, "When that day comes." lol...
My dad usta raise rabbits out in back of the house... Bred, raised, slaughtered, butchered. Hell, I had rabbit meat for baby food, no BS. He did this until somebody complained about how the area wasn't zoned to be a farm or some crap like that. So my dad said, "So, I can only have what, one or two of a type of animal? So, what if I get one cow, one horse, one goat, one mule, one chicken, one turkey, one donkey... I'll never hafta mow my lawn again." For some reason, the fella who complained about the rabbits didn't find that too funny...

I was 178 last fall. Dropped down to 148 in February but have been stuck there. I would like to get down to 140 by April for a tourney. I started taking CLA and really watching my diet, so zero cheat meals this past week and weighed 143.4 this morning. I celebrated with a meal out tonight, boy was it good.

I was really getting frustrated before because I wasn't able to drop below 148 it seemed but after putting in a lot of effort this past week it felt awesome to see my weight today.

King Kabuki said:
I find I can eat a ton more now than I used to be able to. I swear. I'll eat a whole meal that's nutritous and healthy and my body STARVES for more in a couple of hours. Kind of like a high-performance engine running on high-grade fuel. It runs like the dickens but you need to feed that sumbitch.

I ate dinner tonight and was already exploring for more food within 15 minutes. lol

Okay, I thought it was just me. I've noticed I get hungrier faster, even though I eat a lot of healthy food. I'm thinking "Hungry again....what the hell...?"

Anecdotely, do you think the hunger response could be a result of heightened sensitivity to blood sugar variations?

Back