The Official "How do you feel now that you eat good?" Thread.

ludichris said:
In conclusion: I almost get pissed when I hear people complain about losing weight. I want to scream sometimes... GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO IT, NOBODY ELSE CAN DO IT BUT YOU!!

Awesome job on the fitness.

I too hate it when people complain about not losing weight. I'm like, "Put down the donut for more than three days. Do something. When you've been faithful to a plan (and I mean really faithful) for about 3 months and haven't had success, I'll refer you to a doctor. :)

K...

What if it's a whole wheat baked donut sweetened with freshly blended raspberries and fortified with green tea extract?

I too hate it when people complain about not losing weight. I'm like, "Put down the donut for more than three days. Do something. When you've been faithful to a plan (and I mean really faithful) for about 3 months and haven't had success, I'll refer you to a doctor.

There was an article written somewhere recently by an MD who said "Diets don't fail people, people fail diets."

King Kabuki said:
There was an article written somewhere recently by an MD who said "Diets don't fail people, people fail diets."
OOOH I LIKE THAT... I cant wait to use it.

The look on people's face after that remark will be great :icon_twis :icon_chee :icon_twis

I feel so guilty reading this thread.

I've been binging on fucking sweets especially chocolates lately since I'm so motherfucking bored at night doing HW and studying. It's actually been couple of days that I've been like this.

Right now I'm feasting on some beautiful pie sticks.

So good......................... must stop eating..............

Eating out of "boredom" is one of the worst excuses ever.

Get some imagination, cure your boredom with that.

King Kabuki said:
Eating out of "boredom" is one of the worst excuses ever.

Get some imagination, cure your boredom with that.
Too lazy...

wow. There's a LOT on this thread that's useful. The first post was worth an article in t-nation alone! I've only been able to get through the first page, and already I'm taking notes!

Things that are undervalued where i'm from in the US:

-Leafy greens are definitely undervalued in the US.
-as is ORGANIC food. -----------> It. just. tastes. better.
-grass fed meat (other than fish)
-water. The army solution to anything in Basic Training: Drink Water! What's sick is. . . 90% of the time IT ACTUALLY HELPS!!!

KK pwnage incoming..

No need, he self-pwned rather efficiently. I can't do much better than someone admitting they're a lazy fatass with no will-power.

zfolwick said:
-grass fed meat (other than fish)

I don't think that part needed to be stated. Though, fish grazing on green pastures would be a sight to see.

Look no further than fish who eat algae.

Algae = green vegetable. Fish graze on the ocean floor.

My diet has gone in the shitter for the past 48 hours due to my inability to eat solid food. Protein shakes, protein in yogurt, and fat-free frozen yogurt is all I've eaten in the past 60 hours.

I've tried to get people to not look at a change in what they eat as a "diet", but to approach in as a true lifestyle change. Once you get used to things (like not drinking soda and cutting out simple carbs) it gets to be second nature. Look at you have in your house. If you don't buy it, then you can't eat it.

ludichris said:
Ok, I am about to sound like I am on a diet commercial...

I lurked these forums for about half a year, created an account and started posting. I learned a lot and decided I would take it head on. I told my buddies I wanted to start training and want to at least fight amateur, they all gave me shit about it and said I was too old etc (i even made a thread about that, as one of my first).

Before I applied a lot of things I learned from both Sherdog and other online resources...
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 190lb
Waist: 34 (last belt notch)

AFTER, eating healthy... training Muay Thai + Jiu Jitsu 4 days a week and using Ross Enamait's 50-day program...
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 168
Waist: Dont know (now the fourth notch on my belt) my pants dont fit for crap and without a belt I can pull them off, and they look funny (big bulge of extra area)

I now have a six-pack and look very lean. My grandmother saw me for the first time after like a month and said "JESUS CHRISTOPHER YOU HAVE SUCH BIG MUSCLES!!" (i dont have big muscles though, just look lean)... my sister told me "OH MY GOD CHRIS YOU ARE BUFF" (im not buff she is just immature with lingo and i just look lean). Ladies @ work ask me what I do all the time and they always complain about not being able to lose weight. I work @ a mortgage company in I.T. so aside from I.T. there are a bunch of ladies here. I sware out of 90 employees in my building 75 are woman and I hear about one of them starting a new diet every day.

In conclusion: I almost get pissed when I hear people complain about losing weight. I want to scream sometimes... GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO IT, NOBODY ELSE CAN DO IT BUT YOU!!

You work in IT. I am sorry. I work *with* IT people and can't stand the stupid fuckers they deal with.

erco said:
I don't think that part needed to be stated. Though, fish grazing on green pastures would be a sight to see.

stranger things have happened! :)

King Kabuki said:
Look no further than fish who eat algae.

Algae = green vegetable. Fish graze on the ocean floor.

Algae is not even close to grass. Grass is a seed bearing plant, algae can barely be called a plant, and frequently aren't even classified as plants or even eukaryotes.

And Fish that don't eat other fish aren't tastey!

Ted-P said:
I feel so guilty reading this thread.

I've been binging on fucking sweets especially chocolates lately since I'm so motherfucking bored at night doing HW and studying. It's actually been couple of days that I've been like this.

Right now I'm feasting on some beautiful pie sticks.

So good......................... must stop eating..............

I counter that by eating organic baby carrots.

the non-organic ones taste like bleach to me. You think you might be craving the iron in chocolate, or is that kind of an urban myth?

Algae is not even close to grass. Grass is a seed bearing plant, algae can barely be called a plant, and frequently aren't even classified as plants or even eukaryotes.

Eh that's a bit of exaggeration and I think you know it.

But if you want to be nit-picky fish DO graze on seaweed (being the general term for oceanic plants/grasses). True the ecology for such organisms is different, but the ocean is a different ecosystem altogether so it's useless arguing semantics. Fish graze and eat greens available to them, that much is true.

zfolwick said:
You work in IT. I am sorry. I work *with* IT people and can't stand the stupid fuckers they deal with.
LOL, it can be painful... howerver mostly I have been doing web page work and server administration lately. (letting others handle the little things)

Back