The Official "How do you feel now that you eat good?" Thread.

taking ONE solid, quality shit /day = priceless

King Kabuki said:
What pisses me off is that 95% of people in America would look at his son who has a 6-pack and veins at age 14 and say some bullshit to the tune of:

"OMG WHY do you make your son do that!?!? Just let him be a kid!! OMG no kid should have to do that!!! You're pushing them too hard!!"

To these people I usually reply--Look at my kids, look at yours. Case closed.

And restaurants REALLY annoy me. My kids order salads (which the love) and not fries and the waitresses will say, "You're young! Enjoy life!" And then they give us dirty looks like we're nazis.

Funny thing is my kids thrive on exercise and good nutrition. They are never sick, they are strong, healthy, and good looking.

We were in a restauant one time and I overheard an old lady saying, "That boy has a lot of muscle for his age!" My son's response, "Dang, why couldn't she have been hot and young?" Ha. Typical.

He's 5' 10", weights 145 lbs, and is about 9% body fat. So yea--not bad. :)

Thanks for all the compliments on my parenting skills. As my son would say, "Walk a mile in my shoes." J/K!

K...

flashNsmash said:

You only shit once a day? Amateur!

I'm at two dumps a day, and they come like clockwork.

I think KK said he's at thrice daily.

If you don't dump approximately 15-30 minutes after your 3 largest meals, you're doing it wrong.

lol That reminds me of when Johnny Depp was on King of the Hill as a metrosexual Yoga Instructor. Asked Hank at what time of day he empties his bowels, when Hank does his trademark hesitation Johnny bellows "THERE'S ONLY ONE RIGHT ANSWER!!"

kingofthehill.jpg

If you don't dump approximately 15-30 minutes after your 3 largest meals, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think what you eat vs. what you pass as waste is 1:1.

I shit twice a day like clockwork, but you're absorbing some of that "shit"....right?

If I could jump in on your shit talk, bacon:

IMO it has to do with metabolic activity more than timing after feeding. So if they are coming steady, you are alright.

I've always been pretty regular, even when on month long benders. The only thing that really changes is consistancy. For example, "playdoe" vs. "pouring gravy through a screen door".

I think the biggest thing for me since changing my diet up is that I have been doing better in school.Secondly,my strength has gone through the roof.People tell me I'm strong now,which has never happened before,ever.

I don't think what you eat vs. what you pass as waste is 1:1.

I shit twice a day like clockwork, but you're absorbing some of that "shit"....right?

You're assuming that the amount of meals is only 3 per day.

I don't know any healthy person who eats less than 4-5 times per day. This is including snacks. But we're talking FULL meals here, protien + greens + healthy fats + optional whole-grain carbs.

well, sometimes I squeeze in (out?) an extra pre-BJJ shit...

King Kabuki said:
You're assuming that the amount of meals is only 3 per day.

I don't know any healthy person who eats less than 4-5 times per day. This is including snacks. But we're talking FULL meals here, protien + greens + healthy fats + optional whole-grain carbs.

I eat 5 good meals a day. I'm the only person I know that goes to work every morning with a large cooler in tow. Even has my name on it...

King Kabuki said:
Ha! Evidence you're still a whipper-snapper. MR. COWBOY!! Listen close, because the next bit of information WILL BE ON THE TEST.
So, is that remark due to my still bein' in college, or that I multi-task in college? lol.

flashNsmash said:
Amen... Altho, occassionally, I've been gettin' 2-a-days fairly often...

erco said:
Quick quick, what's the chemical formula of RNA Polymerase?!?
It is, and I quote, "Not something you need to know for this class."

RedNeckCowBoy00 said:
It is, and I quote, "Not something you need to know for this class."

Oh dear lord, I'm laughing.

If your prof recited it from memory, I'd have been impressed. RNA polymerase is a huge fucking molecule. It's a combination of multiple proteins which are combinations of amino acids which are pretty big molecules to begin with.

erco said:
Oh dear lord, I'm laughing.

If your prof recited it from memory, I'd have been impressed. RNA polymerase is a huge fucking molecule. It's a combination of multiple proteins which are combinations of amino acids which are pretty big molecules to begin with.
Haha. I didn't see your question about it until just before I posted the response, which was a couple hours after bio was over, so I just pulled that out of my @$$ to make ya laugh. She was talkin' about genetic mutations and how/why the occur and how people usta think that amino acids were how we got character traits instead of DNA... lol.

Ok, I am about to sound like I am on a diet commercial...

I lurked these forums for about half a year, created an account and started posting. I learned a lot and decided I would take it head on. I told my buddies I wanted to start training and want to at least fight amateur, they all gave me shit about it and said I was too old etc (i even made a thread about that, as one of my first).

Before I applied a lot of things I learned from both Sherdog and other online resources...
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 190lb
Waist: 34 (last belt notch)

AFTER, eating healthy... training Muay Thai + Jiu Jitsu 4 days a week and using Ross Enamait's 50-day program...
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 168
Waist: Dont know (now the fourth notch on my belt) my pants dont fit for crap and without a belt I can pull them off, and they look funny (big bulge of extra area)

I now have a six-pack and look very lean. My grandmother saw me for the first time after like a month and said "JESUS CHRISTOPHER YOU HAVE SUCH BIG MUSCLES!!" (i dont have big muscles though, just look lean)... my sister told me "OH MY GOD CHRIS YOU ARE BUFF" (im not buff she is just immature with lingo and i just look lean). Ladies @ work ask me what I do all the time and they always complain about not being able to lose weight. I work @ a mortgage company in I.T. so aside from I.T. there are a bunch of ladies here. I sware out of 90 employees in my building 75 are woman and I hear about one of them starting a new diet every day.

In conclusion: I almost get pissed when I hear people complain about losing weight. I want to scream sometimes... GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO IT, NOBODY ELSE CAN DO IT BUT YOU!!

I use to eat like crap.

Junk food and such. Since my health forced me to eat clean, I now want to eat salad instead of pizza.

Now that my body knows what it is like to eat healthy, eating junk food makes me sick.

But like King said, I have to eat a lot more frequently.

kwmma said:
Here's the best part of good eating to me...my kids are healthier and happier than any kids I know. Seriously. And they are loads better off than I was at their age.

We make them eat what we eat. They don't have a free day unless we do. They eat whole grains, protein, no sugar, and lots of veggies, and healthy fat. They know the benefits of it all too because I educate them.

That is one of the reasons my fourteen year old son has a six pack and viens showing in his arms. That is one of the reasons my 12 year old can hang rolling with a lot of the grownups. We stress the importance of healthy living, and they are mentally, physically and emotionally better off for it.

As for me, I feel better, I look better, I think better and I am physically capable of doing things at age 36 that I could never do at age 20. That's pretty awesome.

There's always room for improvement, but I feel that I'm getting to a point where a good diet just feels better all around than a bad one. I still enjoy a free day, but even a lot of those meals are things like whole grain crust pizza with turkey pepperoni, organic veggies and lean sausage.

K..

My kids ask for veggies and not junk food. The doctor wants to know our secret.

The only secret is that their parents like to eat the same things.

Kids learn by example...... Who would have thought.....

Ive only lost 10 pounds and have quite a bit left to loose, but in just the 3-4 weeks ive been dieting the bjj warm up isnt as challenging, i can do more pushups. I can push the pace instead of just being a part of it, and my calisthenics have improved because of the energy increase. I cant wait to loose a bit more and then with the new found athleticism itll be great.

Back