The Official "How do you feel now that you eat good?" Thread.

Just a funny story. I have been cutting weight for the up coming naga tournament. So for about 3 weeks I have been eating really healthy and watching my caloric intake. It amazes me that after one of my night workouts, I came back home and opened a tupperware container of steamed veggies. Just salt for seasoning, no butter or anything. THEY TASTED SO GOOD! I couldn't believe it, but you guys are right. If you eat healthy long enough, healthy foods start to taste better.

I get hunger pains, Chocolate looks alot better then it used too, my stomach hurts more often, and I shit way too much

I've been eating healthy since HS and I'm 27 now. At this point I almost dread going on vacations because I know as soon as I leave home, I'll be eating crap until I return. When I go see my parents in Missouri, I go on a strict diet of nothing but BBQ until the day I leave. My taste buds don't complain, but the mudd butt is killer. Why does BBQ have to taste so good?

TaiKai Fighta said:
Just a funny story. I have been cutting weight for the up coming naga tournament. So for about 3 weeks I have been eating really healthy and watching my caloric intake. It amazes me that after one of my night workouts, I came back home and opened a tupperware container of steamed veggies. Just salt for seasoning, no butter or anything. THEY TASTED SO GOOD! I couldn't believe it, but you guys are right. If you eat healthy long enough, healthy foods start to taste better.

Nothin beats steamed veggies!
When you look at food and think about what it will do to your body, instead of how it will taste, then you're on the right track. Eat to live, don't live to eat.

bacon said:
Nothin beats steamed veggies!
When you look at food and think about what it will do to your body, instead of how it will taste, then you're on the right track. Eat to live, don't live to eat.

Dont steam them, just eat em raw! :D
Anyway this thread rocks, lovely to see people just like me who eat right. How come its not socialy acceptable to not eat just-food. Do people get frustraded when they see how unhealthy they eat compared to you? Or maybe i should change friends.

KK, we've lived parallel lives. I mean, EERILY similar. Everything from weight problems as a youngster to current state of great physical conditiong/lack of illness. I don't see a need to duplicate your whole post. Suffice to say my experience has been identical to yours.

I feel great now, and I can clean up my diet even more. Getting proper nutrition and REST have helped change me from lethargic to energetic. ZMA has improved the quality of my sleep a lot, and when I wake up now I really feel the difference. I would still like to remove some more of the refined sugar from my diet.

Here's the best part of good eating to me...my kids are healthier and happier than any kids I know. Seriously. And they are loads better off than I was at their age.

We make them eat what we eat. They don't have a free day unless we do. They eat whole grains, protein, no sugar, and lots of veggies, and healthy fat. They know the benefits of it all too because I educate them.

That is one of the reasons my fourteen year old son has a six pack and viens showing in his arms. That is one of the reasons my 12 year old can hang rolling with a lot of the grownups. We stress the importance of healthy living, and they are mentally, physically and emotionally better off for it.

As for me, I feel better, I look better, I think better and I am physically capable of doing things at age 36 that I could never do at age 20. That's pretty awesome.

There's always room for improvement, but I feel that I'm getting to a point where a good diet just feels better all around than a bad one. I still enjoy a free day, but even a lot of those meals are things like whole grain crust pizza with turkey pepperoni, organic veggies and lean sausage.

K..

kwmma said:
Here's the best part of good eating to me...my kids are healthier and happier than any kids I know. Seriously. And they are loads better off than I was at their age.

We make them eat what we eat. They don't have a free day unless we do. They eat whole grains, protein, no sugar, and lots of veggies, and healthy fat. They know the benefits of it all too because I educate them.

That is one of the reasons my fourteen year old son has a six pack and viens showing in his arms. That is one of the reasons my 12 year old can hang rolling with a lot of the grownups. We stress the importance of healthy living, and they are mentally, physically and emotionally better off for it.

As for me, I feel better, I look better, I think better and I am physically capable of doing things at age 36 that I could never do at age 20. That's pretty awesome.

There's always room for improvement, but I feel that I'm getting to a point where a good diet just feels better all around than a bad one. I still enjoy a free day, but even a lot of those meals are things like whole grain crust pizza with turkey pepperoni, organic veggies and lean sausage.

K..

It's really awesome to hear that your kids are doing so well. Gives me hope for the new generation of whipper-snappers! I only wished my parents knew as much as I know now about nutrition. Like many KK and Xtrainer, I was a physically active chubby kid. Granted, I was never 180 at 12 years old, I was closer to 150, but I was by no means slim. I can easily blame my relative "overweightedness" to poor eating habits. My mother had a major sweet-tooth and so I ended up eating like her, lots of refined sugar and snacks. I remember days where I'd eat full on frosted cake or poundcake for breakfast.

Thinking back, there are a lot of subtle changes one can make in their diet that'd make a huge impact on his quality of life. If everyone in the US ate whole wheat products, stopped drinking soda, and just ate 10% less, would we still have the same problem with obesity and diabetes?

XTrainer said:
KK, we've lived parallel lives. I mean, EERILY similar. Everything from weight problems as a youngster to current state of great physical conditiong/lack of illness. I don't see a need to duplicate your whole post. Suffice to say my experience has been identical to yours.
I'm still on the road to fitness, although I've come a long way. I'm 5'9" and weighed about 180 my sophomore year of high school, and graduated about 200. Now, four years later, I'm still about 200 pounds, usually, but the weight has changed from mostly fat to mostly muscle. I get "wow"s, etc, from ppl I haven't seen in awhile, more attention from the ladies, questions of "why" when I say about cuttin' weight, and people starin' when I move iron in the weight room. I'm a lot more confident and can feel more activity in my brain (easier to multi-task... I'm in biology class listenin' to the prof talk about DNA transcription while I've been typin' this. :) ). So, yeah, I know that it's made a difference, and I wish that I'd eaten healthier as a young'un.

RedNeckCowBoy00 said:
I'm still on the road to fitness, although I've come a long way. I'm 5'9" and weighed about 180 my sophomore year of high school, and graduated about 200. Now, four years later, I'm still about 200 pounds, usually, but the weight has changed from mostly fat to mostly muscle. I get "wow"s, etc, from ppl I haven't seen in awhile, more attention from the ladies, questions of "why" when I say about cuttin' weight, and people starin' when I move iron in the weight room. I'm a lot more confident and can feel more activity in my brain (easier to multi-task... I'm in biology class listenin' to the prof talk about DNA transcription while I've been typin' this. :) ). So, yeah, I know that it's made a difference, and I wish that I'd eaten healthier as a young'un.

Quick quick, what's the chemical formula of RNA Polymerase?!?

K..

You have my vote for parent of the year. You should write a handbook for all the people killing their children via ignorance.

(easier to multi-task... I'm in biology class listenin' to the prof talk about DNA transcription while I've been typin' this

Ha! Evidence you're still a whipper-snapper. MR. COWBOY!! Listen close, because the next bit of information WILL BE ON THE TEST.

yeah,that's tight kwmma.you have my respect.

What pisses me off is that 95% of people in America would look at his son who has a 6-pack and veins at age 14 and say some bullshit to the tune of:

"OMG WHY do you make your son do that!?!? Just let him be a kid!! OMG no kid should have to do that!!! You're pushing them too hard!!"

King Kabuki said:
What pisses me off is that 95% of people in America would look at his son who has a 6-pack and veins at age 14 and say some bullshit to the tune of:

"OMG WHY do you make your son do that!?!? Just let him be a kid!! OMG no kid should have to do that!!! You're pushing them too hard!!"

Yeah,straight up.I wish I had a 6 pack when I was 14.My parents made me decent stuff,but they weren't like nutrition nuts like I would consider myself now.I also had limited tastes when I was younger,but living on my own has expanded them greatly.

I wish I was the same way when I was a kid. The one thing my mother loves to do is feed her kids. I was a chubby kid all throughout my grade school years (and considering I've only been on a healthier diet for not even a year now, I'm still a chubby kid, but far better off so far). I've lost a lot of weight just in the past 7 months. I've dropped an easy 20-30 lbs while packing on some muscle as well. All my lifts have finally started increasing after a couple years of being stuck, and I'm fully putting the reasoning on my diet. This past winter I caught 1 cold. Normally I'm that guy that is sick for 3 weeks worth of the winter. The one time I caught a cold, I was vacationing with some friends, one of whom was sick. The one time I stopped eating well for a couple of days, I got sick. I love eating well. I feel so much better throughout the day. I'm more confident in myself. I like going to the gym and lifting big. I like being more energetic than all my friends.

I owe this forum a lot.

I'd like to point out that I haven't been sick in close to 2 years until this past year, at which point I somehow got fucking pneumonia.

erco said:
I'd like to point out that I haven't been sick in close to 2 years until this past year, at which point I somehow got fucking pneumonia.

Life is what happens while making other plans, erco.

erco said:
It's really awesome to hear that your kids are doing so well. Gives me hope for the new generation of whipper-snappers! I only wished my parents knew as much as I know now about nutrition. Like many KK and Xtrainer, I was a physically active chubby kid. Granted, I was never 180 at 12 years old, I was closer to 150, but I was by no means slim. I can easily blame my relative "overweightedness" to poor eating habits. My mother had a major sweet-tooth and so I ended up eating like her, lots of refined sugar and snacks. I remember days where I'd eat full on frosted cake or poundcake for breakfast.

Thinking back, there are a lot of subtle changes one can make in their diet that'd make a huge impact on his quality of life. If everyone in the US ate whole wheat products, stopped drinking soda, and just ate 10% less, would we still have the same problem with obesity and diabetes?

Oh, I so TOTALLY agree. My daughter went to a friends house for her birthday. They have one skinny daughter and one obese daughter. The fatter girl is 12 and weighs about 230, so we're talking WAY OBESE. The girl ate half a pizza and a couple of pieces of cake while my daughter was there--but get this--she would only eat the frosting off the cake. The mom regularly goes off about how "being skinny isn't everything" and I want to apply a RNC until she taps and promises to stop killing her kids.

And yet, what are all the news stories about? Anorexic and bulemic girls. It takes two seconds in a mall to look around and see that "too skinny" is NOT the major health problem.

K...

Back