The Official Hockey Thread

If you like Marleau then Iginla is your god.

And my prediction. Flames 4th in the West. We need to trade Turek, now.

Here's for Kidd, I'm glad Calgary got rid of him early. We need to trade Turek for a solid offensive defencemen now.

Fuck the Wild. And specifically Lemaire.

Calgary needs to trade Turek for some offence goddamnit!

Calgary traded the wrong goalie but we still got Chris Simon for a song. Does anyone else think is probably the most over looked and underated trade that has been made. Simon is top shelf a bigtough guy who can grab garbage goals, decent shot, good forechecker and corners guy and can fight every once in a while. An Iginla, COnray, Simon line will pwn!

Originally posted by Bloody Pulp
Selanne is a gay. (Sharks fan)

I have never really like his style though, even when he was in San Jose, he is such a...well, pansy. He doesn't throw hits, he doesn't get physical, he just prances around waiting for a pass to shoot. He is a sniper of a shooter though, but I think he is just a sort of.....diet-Sakic.

That's why Patrick Marleau is one of my fav players, aside from being a Shark, he is a sniper with the puck, and he isn't afraid to be physical, he uses his body, he will block shots, he can skate extremely well, and he is tough. I think Selanne has better speed and shooting, marginally, than Patty, but Marleau has more heart and toughness I think, he will do what he has to to help the team win.

P.S. - F#*k Donald Brashear, seriously, he is 6'-2", 225 lbs. and known as a sort of brawler, and he tries to fight Nils Ekman, a 6'-0" , 185 lb. forward, who is not a fighter, in last nights game vs. Sharks.

What happened to the sort of unspoken code the players had. Where 1. If you are a big guy, don't pick a fight with a little guy 2. You don't fight a guy who doesn't want to fight 3. If you want to pick a fight, do it with a defensemen or atleast a guy who is not afraid to throw down. 4. You DO NOT punch a kid in the face while he is backing away from you with both gloves on his stick with his stick on the ice.

I hate people....

I don't agree with you on Sel

Originally posted by Jeremy
See Don Cherry's comments about Euros.

Second Shot, I'm a diehard Oilers fan, so to watch them this season has been painful. I'm not impressed with how they've played, but I'm hoping that they can go on a run over the last 20 or so games.

Brashear is a punk. He'll back away from guys like Laraque, who has tried to get him to fight a number of times, but has no problems going after smaller guys.
Who is Don Cherry?

Is there any place I can see this punch on the internet? From what I've heard he should be banned for the rest of the season.

Originally posted by Fredricks
The word you are looking for is suspended.

I haven't found any places where they have a clip but just picture him punching him from behind and hitting him in the side of the face and then driving him head first into the ice
Yeah right, suspended.

The only video I found Moore was already down and they brought the stretcher in.

Originally posted by Chris660
here's a vid

http://www.hockeyfights.com/cf277/040308_bertuzzi_cheapshots_moore.wmv

Moore's parents are stating that Moore has two fractured vertebra but no official word yet

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=08e44e2f-9653-4dc9-a8a5-6635b348bbef
Thanks for the link. I hope his career will be over now just like McSorley's was after his baseball attack.

And can someone explain to me why the Rangers are selling out their whole fuckin team? They got Jagr now but they traded away almost every other star they had even De Vries now for god's sake.

Originally posted by Peter McNeil
rangers will not make the playoffs and there will be no season next year. There will likely be a new CBA so its good to unload the payroll and start fresh. they also fucken suck, might as well start rebuilding.
No season next year? WTF!? You really get just a quarter of the information when you live in Europe.

Originally posted by Peter McNeil
and hopefully moore will never again have a career.
That's the dumbest thing I ever read on the internet. I hope you don't mean like that. Otherwise die a painful death!

Back