The Official Hockey Thread

You guys should all send Glen Sather a fruit basket for giving you Leetch. I am glad that he will get more exposure and praise for being the great defenseman he truly is

Pro line is the fucking worst. You take a sure fire bet like the Flyers over the Penguins and you lose. A guy at work took Buffalo and the Leafs pulled it out of their asses

WOOT WOOT!!

The Flames take down the Canucks!!!

Edit- I'm an idiot!!!

Originally posted by Second Shot
Has anyone mentioned that Cujo left last night's game with an ankle injury? It's be a fine mess if they had to go into the playoffs without Hasek or Cujo.

Damn... This reminds of a couple years ago with the Flames where they went through about six goalies because of injuries...

Fuck... Still, i'm glad Hasek is gone...

Originally posted by Bug Eyed Earl
If you like Marleau then Iginla is your god.

And my prediction. Flames 4th in the West. We need to trade Turek, now.

Indeed. Kiprusoff is un-fucking-believable this season...

Originally posted by Bloody Pulp
Yeah, Kipper can get hot, you should have seen him in the playoffs with San Jose 2 or 3 years ago, he had a phenomanel(sp?) run.

You know, as long as it gets the Flames into the playoffs, i'm more than happy...

Originally posted by Tam-Tam
Turek sucks. Big useless turd.

You follow hockey down in Australia?

And yeah, he's played maybe one good game this season...

Originally posted by Peter McNeil
Simon may not be able to hit the net with 1 of 20 shots but he is good enough to make 1.5 million a year playing the game, have one 29 goal season and always notch 10 or more per year. He is a +14 on a shit team so laugh all you want but he seems to be doing just fine. As well he wasnt acquired by the flames to be a fucken sniper, they have zero big forwards to make noise in front of the net and simon fills that void.

The poster with the flower av and "LOL" custom text speaks wisely...

Heavy hands, was it not obvious from my comments I was doing nothing more than trying to get under foulsmellers skin? Jesus this place has turned into a damn pussy haven.

Regarding bertuzzi losing the rest of the season I dont buy it one bit. The result of the incident was far worse than the intent or even the actions. Johnson got 13 for a similar incident that seriously injured an opponent but the league said because his glove was on and blah blah the intent was nothing like someone using a stick or even hitting from behind with some speed like hunter did when he got 21. If bertuzzi gets the seasons and playoffs it could possibly be over 40 games and that is much more than guys have been getting for actions with much more intent.

If the NHL weighs the actual injury involved in the incident heavily than I agree that todd deserves the season and playoffs because it looks like that is what moore will miss. Im not sure what standards the NHL uses when issuing suspensions...anyone here know?

I don't think even the NHL knows the standards...

thats why as soon as the grapefruit league begins I stop watching the playoff race and the playoffs and stick to pre-season baseball...fucken mickey mouse league.

Baseball...

Wow, look at that. I just lost all respect for you...

BRUINS BRUINS BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSN just announced that the Bruins have acquired Sergue Gunshar for Shawn Morrisson and some draft picks.

The bruins finally make a big move, hell fucking yea

Originally posted by Giant Robot
You mean Sergei Gonchar I hope...
Yea that is who I mean, so how good is this Gonchar people. WEEI is really pumped over this

We fucking needed a real offensive defensemen. Losing Morrison is no big loss at all. The trade will be made official this afternoon, and for once the Bruins make a big move.

Samsanov is always fucking injured, but Bergeron has really picked up the slack. I do not see the B's making another big move. Now hopefully we can get a top 4 seed in the play offs and really make some noise.

The Bruins just made another move in gettins some center for a future 2nd round pick. Does anyone have more info?

Back