The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

DeaS2L7XcAEeAb0.jpg

Drake fans are too young to understand how rap beefs should go. Those of us who were around for the classic beefs in the 90s know that there are no rules to this. Its war. "Too personal" lololol

Also I thougt the title not only referenced Adidas but also his supposed son Adonis. He had the bar about Adonis and Adidas press. Adidon = ADIdas + aDONis.

King Push killed him. Drake is holding an L right now and I dont see how he responds to this. What can he say?
Youngins dont remember how disrespectful disses were

Shyne told 50 hed reunite him with his moms smh

Jay z said he fucked nas girl in the bentley and the jeep and left the condom in the baby seat smh

Fucking love Ghost town, if the Cudi/Kanye album is like this, its album of the year and in contention for album of the decade.

so hyped for the Nas joint, these beats Kanye has been on have been crazy

Don't you grow up in a hurry, your mom'll be worried
It was all part of the story, even the scary nights
Thank you for all of the glory, you will be remembered, aw
Thank you to all of the heroes of the night (night, night)
They gotta repeat the colors, the light is wearin' off
Reality is upon us, colors drippin' off
Colors drippin' off

KKFjuuH.gif

Don't you grow up in a hurry, your mom'll be worried
It was all part of the story, even the scary nights
Thank you for all of the glory, you will be remembered, aw
Thank you to all of the heroes of the night (night, night)
They gotta repeat the colors, the light is wearin' off
Reality is upon us, colors drippin' off
Colors drippin' off

KKFjuuH.gif
Another Kanye fan....
naAONRR.gif

Bruh the Kanye west album gets better every listen ala Yeezus.

Its so damn good. Ghost Town is track of the year and of all time.

Yikes is gonna be a huge single, probably gonna be used in a ton of trailers.

Violent Crimes is an amazing closer, that chick is gonna blow.

I would be so damn hype if the Cudi/Kanye album is better than this.

Last edited:
i've listened to the album about ten times now since last night. i guess the brevity of it lends to immediate replay. it's probably my least favorite kanye album since 808s but i still really, really like it. there aren't moments on it that stopped me in my tracks the same way like devil in a new dress transitioning into runaway, or kanye interpolating pimp c on blood on the leaves or metro boomin's dj tag exploding into that choppy drum machine and kid cudi's pre chorus did.

musically the thing i am most impressed with his kanye's continued ability to curate new talent and give them a platform. his albums are starting to become almost like little dj sets at a house party where he is undoubtedly present but a lot of the highlights don't even feature his voice. like valee singing medulla oblongata (lol idk why i love that) and dej loaf's chorus on the last track and whoever sings the outro with cudi on ghost town.

and then thematically i love that kanye is making music about mental illness and deconstructing stigma's attached to being bi polar, or borderline (me), or suicidal. especially stigmas that are attached to men and black men even more, and he is showing that it's not a sign of weakness to struggle with mental illness. i always thought yeezus was an aural representation of mania with how jagged, anxious, and abrasive the production is. but this album has more of the soulful chop production more reminiscent of his halcyon days, so it places his mental illness in a context that isn't separate from normality which is important.

also carti still has the best rap album of the year.

Unfortunately the rest of the album is trash.

probably my favorite song that was released today

Last edited:
i've listened to the album about ten times now since last night. i guess the brevity of it lends to immediate replay. it's probably my least favorite kanye album since 808s but i still really, really like it. there aren't moments on it that stopped me in my tracks the same way like devil in a new dress transitioning into runaway, or kanye interpolating pimp c on blood on the leaves or metro boomin's dj tag exploding into that choppy drum machine and kid cudi's pre chorus did.

musically the thing i am most impressed with his kanye's continued ability to curate new talent and give them a platform. his albums are starting to become almost like little dj sets at a house party where he is undoubtedly present but a lot of the highlights don't even feature his voice. like valee singing medulla oblongata (lol idk why i love that) and dej loaf's chorus on the last track and whoever sings the outro with cudi on ghost town.

and then thematically i love that kanye is making music about mental illness and deconstructing stigma's attached to being bi polar, or borderline (me), or suicidal. especially stigmas that are attached to men and black men even more, and he is showing that it's not a sign of weakness to struggle with mental illness. i always thought yeezus was an aural representation of mania with how jagged, anxious, and abrasive the production is. but this album has more of the soulful chop production more reminiscent of his halcyon days, so it places his mental illness in a context that isn't separate from normality which is important.

Youre damn articulate. Im definitely more hyped for the collab album, but I feel like I need time with the album like I did yeezus, so far just scrapped the top but I really need to sit with the album and see how it grows on me.

Yeezus went from my least favorite Ye album to probably my most played. I always say the newest Ye is gonna be the one disliked the most because people just havent let it sink in. People need opinions right now to feel like theyre part of a discussion, I remember when you had to save up for an album and you replayed it and enjoyed the album more because you actually paid for it. People spent tie digesting the album and its themes.

The new Ye is more erratic, loud and the bars feel like they were came up with on the spot . TLOP, and this album are a testament to this I think, and I feel like these albums are gonna influential for some artists in the near future.
also carti still has the best rap album of the year.
Damn, outside of Shoota, and some others, I thought it was wack. I like his first album better, I wish we got more Flex, dothatshit, Magnolia, Location type tracks.

Youre damn articulate. Im definitely more hyped for the collab album, but I feel like I need time with the album like I did yeezus, so far just scrapped the top but I really need to sit with the album and see how it grows on me.

Yeezus went from my least favorite Ye album to probably my most played. I always say the newest Ye is gonna be the one disliked the most because people just havent let it sink in. People need opinions right now to feel like theyre part of a discussion, I remember when you had to save up for an album and you replayed it and enjoyed the album more because you actually paid for it. People spent tie digesting the album and its themes.

The new Ye is more erratic, loud and the bars feel like they were came up with on the spot . TLOP, and this album are a testament to this I think, and I feel like these albums are gonna influential for some artists in the near future.

Damn, outside of Shoota, and some others, I thought it was wack. I like his first album better, I wish we got more Flex, dothatshit, Magnolia, Location type tracks.
I think his last three albums have been purposefully provocative. The immediate reaction to yeezus in particular was wild. But I think he’s made four truly incredible albums this decade which is a remarkable achievement.

Shoota is so good it makes the whole album a classic.

Back