The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broly uses hax and he is a shit character for it.

Instead of making LLSJ into a cool transformation they pretty much copy pasted from Movie 8.

In the movie, Broly has never even fought another person on the level of Goku and Vegeta yet Broly adapted easily.

By doing that it trivializes everything that our main characters have been through up until that point. Goku and Vegeta had to train with gods in order to take that next leap in power.

I can go on for hours about how LSSJ and in extension Broly is bad for Dragon Ball

My favorite things from the movie

1. Kid Raditz
2. Kid Vegeta
3. Nappa with hair
4. Babysitter Beerus
5. Veku

I think it might have been pretty cool if along with Broly and Paragus, that Saiyan who went to the planet with them survived. Then you have someone for Broly to spar with while he’s on the planet. Then when in present time you meet them again they’re both strong as fuck(except with Broly being much stronger obviously).

Also if Paragus has been training with Broly all of Broly’s life then Paragus should be much stronger than he is in the movie. If you take the worst fighter in the world and strand him on an island with Jon Jones for decades and they have nothing else to do but train, even a terrible fighter will improve significantly.

Anyone who’s done anything like sports, music, hell even competitive gaming knows that being around greatness can elevate your own game. Not just through directly training with them but also osmosis. You subconsciously try to close the gap and your standard in your own mind for what’s “good” is raised.

Would be cool if Paragus was around Cell’s level by present day.

I think it might have been pretty cool if along with Broly and Paragus, that Saiyan who went to the planet with them survived. Then you have someone for Broly to spar with while he’s on the planet. Then when in present time you meet them again they’re both strong as fuck(except with Broly being much stronger obviously).

Also if Paragus has been training with Broly all of Broly’s life then Paragus should be much stronger than he is in the movie. If you take the worst fighter in the world and strand him on an island with Jon Jones for decades and they have nothing else to do but train, even a terrible fighter will improve significantly.

Anyone who’s done anything like sports, music, hell even competitive gaming knows that being around greatness can elevate your own game. Not just through directly training with them but also osmosis. You subconsciously try to close the gap and your standard in your own mind for what’s “good” is raised.

Would be cool if Paragus was around Cell’s level by present day.
Broly isn't a good fighter, though. He's more-or-less a brawler. It just so happens, he's like Gohan and has incredible potential.

Except they took that "hidden potential" plot device and cranked it up to 100 with Broly

Saw it in IMAX, loved every second of it. Felt like a kid again.

Broly uses hax and he is a shit character for it.

Instead of making LLSJ into a cool transformation they pretty much copy pasted from Movie 8.

In the movie, Broly has never even fought another person on the level of Goku and Vegeta yet Broly adapted easily.

By doing that it trivializes everything that our main characters have been through up until that point. Goku and Vegeta had to train with gods in order to take that next leap in power.

I can go on for hours about how LSSJ and in extension Broly is bad for Dragon Ball
But it does give reason for the universes fear of the Legandary Super Sayain.

As we see in the series as it goes on, Goku’s first SS level, really isn’t all that special in the grand sceme of things, sure it was the most powerful we had seen yet, but with old people around like buu for example there had been a lot more powerful in the past.

Goku’s Ss1 level probubaly wouldn’t have had as much fear for the “legandary” super sayain like Broly would have, or better yet another like him that had decades of real training and battle.

That SS would have bitch slapped buu and been over quick.

Goku and vegeta are not true legendary super sayains.

Now level 4 goku from GT I would argue might be what they were afraid of like Broly also

Brolys wrath form gateway to ss4 becoming canon? The way Paragus explained it it sounded like ss4. Using the power of the great ape in human form, but i think ss4 was golden great ape.

Edit- DjRZQd3XcAAm-00.jpg

Also, Toriyama has finally acknowledged Vegeta fans. Vegeta fucks up Broly for a good while, but they never have Broly fuck up Vegeta.

When Broly started to turn the table, Goku butt his way in (I'm surprised Vegeta let him since he hadn't gone Blue, yet). Then when Vegeta goes SSB, he teams up with Goku for a bit before they retreat to fuse.

And if we can't get Vegeta getting the big win by himself, him doing it together with Goku is the next best thing. Whether it's because of fusion or they are side-by-side, getting the kill, I'm happy with it.

On the flip side, for Toriyama to show Broly's savageness, Goku got his shit pushed in. Goddamn!

I enjoyed the movie. I liked this version of Broly a lot more than the previous one. His design looks cooler and his personality is more interesting.

Canon Gogeta is awesome too. Fusion is pretty cool and I hope to see both Vegito and Gogeta again. Just sucks that they made the Potara fusion so limited now. 1 hour limit would have been fine, but Vegito will only exist for a few moments at their current power level.

One thing that I didn't like is Frieza's weird ass wish. Frieza wanting to become 5cm taller instead of gaining power or immortality is not in line with his character at all, especially since they showed that he is still very evil. I also don't like that Gogeta didn't just kill Frieza at the end. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to let that cunt live.

I enjoyed the movie. I liked this version of Broly a lot more than the previous one. His design looks cooler and his personality is more interesting.

Canon Gogeta is awesome too. Fusion is pretty cool and I hope to see both Vegito and Gogeta again. Just sucks that they made the Potara fusion so limited now. 1 hour limit would have been fine, but Vegito will only exist for a few moments at their current power level.

One thing that I didn't like is Frieza's weird ass wish. Frieza wanting to become 5cm taller instead of gaining power or immortality is not in line with his character at all, especially since they showed that he is still very evil. I also don't like that Gogeta didn't just kill Frieza at the end. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to let that cunt live.

I'm okay with the explanation for Frieza not caring for Immortality anymore, he was basically imprisoned not able to die before Goku went out of his way to recruit him for the TOP so I can sort of see why he doesn't care for it anymore and it presents a challenge to not be invulnerable. His height wish is still stupid though .

Gogeta not doing anything about Frieza is weird. It seems like Goku has more influence because Vegeta would definitely prefer to get rid of Frieza

Also, Toriyama has finally acknowledged Vegeta fans. Vegeta fucks up Broly for a good while, but they never have Broly fuck up Vegeta.

When Broly started to turn the table, Goku butt his way in (I'm surprised Vegeta let him since he hadn't gone Blue, yet). Then when Vegeta goes SSB, he teams up with Goku for a bit before they retreat to fuse.

And if we can't get Vegeta getting the big win by himself, him doing it together with Goku is the next best thing. Whether it's because of fusion or they are side-by-side, getting the kill, I'm happy with it.

On the flip side, for Toriyama to show Broly's savageness, Goku got his shit pushed in. Goddamn!

The Crowd went apeshit when Vegeta went Red for the 1st Time in any Dragon Ball Super animated form.

Liked that Goku was using superior techniques, but Broly was just this unstopabble Monster .

It's a character development for Frieza. Even though he's still evil, he's still a warrior. If he wanted, he could always blow up the Earth from orbit, but he wants to kill Goku personally. Immortality is kinda the coward's way out.

Also, Frieza's dialogue at the end might be a hint at what's the come. He said that even though he can increase his own power, he still has to deal with both Goku and Vegeta so he wants a partner. Obviously, Broly isn't going to team up with him in the future so it has to be someone else.

A lot of fans speculate this is a chance for Cooler to become canon. Not to mention Frieza now knows about fusion so him fusing with Cooler somehow may be a future possibility.

Brolys wrath form gateway to ss4 becoming canon? The way Paragus explained it it sounded like ss4. Using the power of the great ape in human form, but i think ss4 was golden great ape.

Edit- View attachment 507037

Broly has no tail

The entire idea of Broly using great ape power without a tail doesn't make sense

I actually think I hate this movie due to shit like that.

I also disliked the idea of using Dragon Balls to stupid petty wishes

Its funny gag joke but nothing more

It reminds me of Dragon Ball GT and the Shadow Dragons

There should be consequences for using the Dragon Balls in such shitty ways

"Vegeta fucks up Broly"

{<jordan}

I'm okay with the explanation for Frieza not caring for Immortality anymore, he was basically imprisoned not able to die before Goku went out of his way to recruit him for the TOP so I can sort of see why he doesn't care for it anymore and it presents a challenge to not be invulnerable. His height wish is still stupid though .

Gogeta not doing anything about Frieza is weird. It seems like Goku has more influence because Vegeta would definitely prefer to get rid of Frieza
Yeah, Vegeta would kill him in a heartbeat. I'm surprised he isn't actively hunting him to be honest.

It's a character development for Frieza. Even though he's still evil, he's still a warrior. If he wanted, he could always blow up the Earth from orbit, but he wants to kill Goku personally. Immortality is kinda the coward's way out.

Also, Frieza's dialogue at the end might be a hint at what's the come. He said that even though he can increase his own power, he still has to deal with both Goku and Vegeta so he wants a partner. Obviously, Broly isn't going to team up with him in the future so it has to be someone else.

A lot of fans speculate this is a chance for Cooler to become canon. Not to mention Frieza now knows about fusion so him fusing with Cooler somehow may be a future possibility.
Fair points. Can Frieza really nuke the earth without Goku or Vegeta sensing his attempt and stopping it though? Just wondering.

Canon Cooler would be nice too. Maybe Frieza will have a part in the new Manga chapter with the escaped wizard.

Fair points. Can Frieza really nuke the earth without Goku or Vegeta sensing his attempt and stopping it though? Just wondering.

Canon Cooler would be nice too. Maybe Frieza will have a part in the new Manga chapter with the escaped wizard.
Well, they probably would sense him as he's approaching the Earth but if he caught them when they're away at Beerus's place, he could enter orbit and nuke it in like a minute.

I also disliked the idea of using Dragon Balls to stupid petty wishes

Its funny gag joke but nothing more

It reminds me of Dragon Ball GT and the Shadow Dragons

There should be consequences for using the Dragon Balls in such shitty ways
Oolong wished for panties once in canon

Well, they probably would sense him as he's approaching the Earth but if he caught them when they're away at Beerus's place, he could enter orbit and nuke it in like a minute.
Instant transmission. Goku would stop it and Frieza knows it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back