The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, all caught up on the dub. Buu's ass fell asleep and Goku just suggested Frieza

I knew it was coming, but I'm still disappointed to not see Buu in there as well as Goten and Trunks. They proved in the Buu arc they're stronger than the likes of roshi/krillin/tien
Goten and Trunks are powerful but they'd probably get eliminated early doing some dumb shit

Goten and Trunks are powerful but they'd probably get eliminated early doing some dumb shit

Gotta get experience somehow right? Shoulda had them for the beerus/fat brother super dragon ball tourney

I wish dbz would have gone on to next generations focus after Gohan took out cell. It's the Goku show with Veggie playing second fiddle forever now

Gotta get experience somehow right? Shoulda had them for the beerus/fat brother super dragon ball tourney

I wish dbz would have gone on to next generations focus after Gohan took out cell. It's the Goku show with Veggie playing second fiddle forever now

Power creep would be too extreme

Look at Boruto for example. Its shit tier because of it

Not a fan of Incorporating Dragon Ball Minus to Retcon , Bardok and Goku , basically make him more in line with Supermans Origin. Also Broly's companions are there purely for exposition.

That said., the fights were spectacular, and I'm glad that Broly wasn't a mindless Retard, he is just an unfortunate Prodigy that can't Control his power , because this is Dragon Ball Super , they can at least point out that Kale did something similar to this once the Series returns , only people actually like Broly.

Looked cool on Imax , People Cheered throughout and clapped at the end.

Not a fan of Incorporating Dragon Ball Minus to Retcon , Bardok and Goku , basically make him more in line with Supermans Origin. Also Broly's companions are there purely for exposition.

That said., the fights were spectacular, and I'm glad that Broly wasn't a mindless Retard, he is just an unfortunate Prodigy that can't Control his power , because this is Dragon Ball Super , they can at least point out that Kale did something similar to this once the Series returns , only people actually like Broly.

Could you follow the final fight without a problem? It was so chaotic

How many prodigies exist in the Dragon Ball continuity

Lazy as fuck imo

If I didn't know better all Saiyans are prodigies

But its Dragon Ball and I don't go for the story

Lazy as fuck imo

This new arc in the manga seems to have a decent story so far

I got an easter egg spoiled by IGN a couple days ago

When Goku is transforming to fight Broly, Goku's hair turns silver for like a second.

I thought that was a pretty cool reference to the previous arc

Lazy as fuck imo

Yeah, it's best not critique it too much. Torriyama is a bad writer , he had good ideas but , I think he perpetually wings shit , and Toyotaro isn't any better either . I turn my brain off for these series, been following Dragon Ball since 1992 , sometimes I feel like if Toriyama just completely let it go and let another writer completely Retcon things Dragon Ball could be more.

128 through 131 is the absolute peak of Super
Zamasu Saga was the best for me.

Tournament of power was great too but the music / storyline and all that was very congruent and was just super on point In zamasu.

preferences tho

I did watch the zamasu saga In english tho, maybe I'll change my mind when I watch the whole TOP in english

What's with this switching animation style mid-fight nonsense

Why do they feel the need to do that crap

It was good but I felt like just a reboot of the Broly saga was lazy.

I was expecting more of a sequel not a reboot.

And changing goku’s origin story to make Bardock in a different light was dumb imo. And taking away the reason Broly goes nuts around Kakarott too

I thought it was just OK

The fight scenes were all terrible lol.

I am so thankful that the fight scenes in the anime DO NOT look like whats in the movie.

Everything is way too fast. You can't even really tell what is happening.

Last edited:
I thought it was just OK

The fight scenes were all terrible lol.

I am so thankful that the fight scenes in the anime DO NOT look like whats in the movie.

Everything is way too fast. You can't even really tell what is happening.
A lot of the fight scenes were very fast but I still enjoyed them.

A few points:

1) Apparently lava doesn't bother Goku or Broly because they fought under magma for a bit. It was like water to them.
2) Although Goku said it, I don't think Broly is stronger than Beerus. Beerus lied about his max power during his fight with Goku so Goku doesn't know what Beerus's true max is
3) I'm confident Jiren is out of Broly's league. Jiren was dogging SSB+Kaiokenx20 Goku and Blue Evolution Vegeta at the same time without being powered up. They didn't even break out Kaioken or Blue Evolution against Broly

3) I'm confident Jiren is out of Broly's league. Jiren was dogging SSB+Kaiokenx20 Goku and Blue Evolution Vegeta at the same time without being powered up. They didn't even break out Kaioken or Blue Evolution against Broly
those transformations are anime exclusive. toei made those for the anime and toriyama wrote this story so they dont really exist in this movie. i think you're right about broly not being on jirens level though, but not too far away. i think this post TOP gogeta kicks Jirens ass too. after he turned blue he just styled on and destroyed broly easily. mfer was really gonna kill broly, hes ruthless lol. would love to see broly vs jiren in the next series.

Jesus Christ this movie made 7 million opening day on a Wednesday with limited screenings. That is impressive.

I really hope this wakes people up. Anime movies sell out fast and never get enough screenings. Stuff like this would be top of the weekend box office with more screenings

those transformations are anime exclusive. toei made those for the anime and toriyama wrote this story so they dont really exist in this movie. i think you're right about broly not being on jirens level though, but not too far away. i think this post TOP gogeta kicks Jirens ass too. after he turned blue he just styled on and destroyed broly easily. mfer was really gonna kill broly, hes ruthless lol. would love to see broly vs jiren in the next series.
Well, he's half Vegeta.

Vegeta had no problem trying to kill Broly early in the fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back