The octagon needs to be changed from a fence to plexiglass like hockey

Sounds like an idea straight outta 2002

I like the idea but will there be a penalty box?

Electric Fence, Tables/Chairs/Ladders + Broken Glass and Tacks. Dana White guest referee

They should just allow fence grabbing and knees to the head of a downed oppenent.

Fish bowl fights. ...interesting but no.

Wouldn't the glass get steamed up and the fight would end up looking like the car scene in titanic?

won't work

sweat and blood will look terrible

Have them fight on a basketball court.

The idea you're after is a noble one. The execution of the idea is near impossible.

They should just simply straight up punish fighters more. No more leeway. They all know fence grabbing is illegal, -1 immediately. It is a no brainer.

You could have Hydrophobic/or Rainex coated plexiglass so that they don't fog up, and/or don't get sweat stained.

I think the only reason why they haven't done it yet is it would be too expensive.

If you have ever been to an MMA event you will already know its hard to see anyway I was close to the cage but watched the big screen most of the time. Half the time something about the structure of the cage is in the way and if they are on the ground with the guy on top facing away from you you have no idea what they are doing, the event itself is awesome but like Car racing if you want to see all the action its best to watch from your living room.

With that said the idea I like but the structure would have to be more complex than the fence because the Plexiglas would have to be thin for visibility and that means flimsy as heck
The pride ring was the best option for strikers and the cage is the best for wrestlers so making everybody happy is impossible.
Its not even the fence grabbing I hate so much its the pushing guys against the cage going for a single or double like Eddie did Pettis that shit is not fighting its herding like cornering up cattle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back