Social The Obama Phone Comes Pre-loaded with Malware the User Can't Uninstall

In all honesty, smartphones are ubiquitous enough that they probably should be.

Maybe not a human right in such strong terms, but lacking access to the internet when even menial labor requires you to apply online is a big millstone around the neck. Smartphones aren't luxury items anymore. Shit, I probably couldn't find a working flip phone if I wanted to. Not saying they need the new iPhone, but even a cheap smartphone can be critically important.
Dude, I have an old Nokia and I’m fine. You don’t need a smartphone.

Dude, I have an old Nokia and I’m fine. You don’t need a smartphone.

So, posting on Sherdog. Laptop or desktop? Or maybe an iPad?

It's easy to say that you don't need a smartphone when you have other means of accessing the internet for your needs. If you're low income and scraping together everything you have, it becomes critically important that you have some means to get on the internet. That's where a smartphone comes in.

It's easy to say that you don't need a smartphone when you have other means of accessing the internet for your needs. If you're low income and scraping together everything you have, it becomes critically important that you have some means to get on the internet. That's where a smartphone comes in.
I didn't even think that far. I get what you mean now. For people who have no acces this is indeed a positive thing.

I was more talking about smartphones from a general point of view. I don't miss it, although my boss forced me to have a smartphone because of 1 workrelated app and the GPS. I only use it for those two functions.

This malicious adware is expected and should be investigated but let's not pretend every single "welfare phone" won't have malicious aps installed within minutes of turning them on... Every user agreements is untenable imo...

ring ring ring obama phone

Shouldn’t Virgin Mobile be the one to blame? It sounds like the government pays

"The UMX U686CL is provided by Virgin Mobile's Assurance Wireless program. Assurance Wireless is an offshoot of the Lifeline Assistance program, a Federal Communications Commissions plan that makes free or government-subsidized phones service available to millions of low-income families. The program is often referred to as the Obama Phone because it expanded in 2008, when President Barack Obama took office. The UMX U686CL runs Android and is available for $35 to qualifying users."

This sounds like a fuck up on the part of either Virgin or the folks installing the software, not the government.
Nah bro OP and true patriot warriors know Obama and the deep state government pedophile ring are personally responsible for this and it's just a way to get fresh sacrifices for the Rothschild seance. Zero chance this could be a private company trying to take advantage of others :rolleyes:

That man been out of office for 3 years now and y'all still on his nut sack.
Isn’t Trump in office? Wouldn’t this be Trumps phone then? Isn’t it geared to “welfare” cases and essentially spying on “criminals”??

LOL.

US Government-funded Android phones come preinstalled with unremovable malware

Just another example of a road paved to hell with the best intentions.

Your tax dollars hard at work infesting the population with corporate adware and major security hazards. This is why the best government is the most limited government.

I am confused. You must mean the Bush phone?

https://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/is-it-obama-phone-bush-phone-reagan-phone-or

Or the Reagan phone? The Clinton phone?

US Government-funded Android phones come preinstalled with unremovable malware

Just another example of a road paved to hell with the best intentions.

Your tax dollars hard at work infesting the population with corporate adware and major security hazards. This is why the best government is the most limited government.
The government had the right idea, they just didn't know or realize the corporate partners would tack on this malware.

The solution is not to cancel the program, it is to remove the malware.

A smart phone is a universal human right bigot. Get used to it.

A phone is a necessity. How many people would have complained about poor people having access to a land-line phone back in the 80s and 90s ? Well the tech has moved on, to where the cell-phone has replaced the land-line phone as the default medium of telecommunication .

lol at this. You're someone who has never experienced "need" if thats your definition.

We are still dealing with the damage he has done.
i'm sorry about your malware

tenor.gif

ET phone home. Ill see myself out, thanks.
At least the detriments of the gov phone aren't as soul-crushing as building ET's phone in the original Atari game:
d2fpvha-084f6148-ac6a-4ec5-82ec-d06a85d4baa0.png

I beat it omce, finally, and came really close to destroying the cartridge afterward.

Last edited:
Back