The Notorious / IMG

It's naive and narrow minded to believe that people must care about image to want to be rich and buy fancy things. Can you really not think of any of the myriad of other reasons?

I dreamed of owning a 1987 Pirsche 911 targa turbo in midnight blue since I was a boy. Because it was one of the fastest cars at the time and sounded the best in my opinion. Nostalgia and a connection to your youth is but one reason of thousands. A sense that you have achieved your dreams, perhaps.
I can understand some of that, but when is it enough? How many athletes made millions only to be broke a few years later through partying and living a lifestyle disconnected from reality?

i'm sure wme-img can wait longer than conor if he's serious about not fighting till he talks to someone about a share in the company, but it will be interesting how it plays out. i don't think they'll do it and it's just conor posturing but who knows?

B5K6qrBCMAE0djR.jpg

"He knows other than Jon Jones, McGregor is single handedly the best talent the UFC has ever had"

tumblr_n56jjialcd1qkd8xuo1_500.jpg

Well, it's not Conor so..

He needs to stop that nonsense and concentrate on fighting!

I think new owners would make it like a corporation company.
UFC faces are now Dana and Fertita bros. When WME changes leaders of UFC, than we will see faceless corporation with president dealing with just financial issues and results, not promoting fights or fighters.

I can understand some of that, but when is it enough? How many athletes made millions only to be broke a few years later through partying and living a lifestyle disconnected from reality?
I believe it has a lot to do with the endless pursuit of happiness and contentment. I'm sure that in a lot of cases, image and self absorption are part of it.

I believe it has a lot to do with the endless pursuit of happiness and contentment. I'm sure that in a lot of cases, image and self absorption are part of it.
True enough.

I watched an interesting documentary about what makes people happy. They found that money will play an important part but only up to a point. Once you have a good level of comfort and feel secure, extra money does not necessarily bring more happiness.

True enough.

I watched an interesting documentary about what makes people happy. They found that money will play an important part but only up to a point. Once you have a good level of comfort and feel secure, extra money does not necessarily bring more happiness.
Conor is lucky to have a strong and caring family, as well as a girl that has been with him since the start. These are the most important ingredients, after all.

Back