The Notorious / IMG

Egészségére!

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
notorious IMG.jpg
It sounds like McGregor wants to fight a lot sooner than Dana says and he still can't get his first meeting with the new owners: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/news/conor-mcgregor-takes-on-new-ufc-owners-w457070 He wants an ownership share and insists on meeting with them before fighting again. After dropping $4+ billion to buy the UFC why would anyone waste one day of the career of your biggest money-making star? What do you think the chances are this turns into a GSP- style stalemate and he never fights in the UFC again?

new owner (WME-IMG) profile: https://www.fastcompany.com/3065450...-emanuel-are-building-the-future-of-hollywood

He should tone it down. I don't believe he will be fighting anytime soon, and don't really wanna hear from him in the meantime.

Dana wouldn't let that happen. He knows other than Jon Jones, McGregor is single handedly the best talent the UFC has ever had. Dana and the rest of the UFC would shit their pants if McGregor quit and went to Bellator or remained a free agent. I don't think Conor would ever leave the UFC though.

From the way it looks he's spending his money too fast on all of those cars and clothes and is desperate for another pay day. Should learn to manage his money better to not end up like Mike Tyson.

Dana wouldn't let that happen. He knows other than Jon Jones, McGregor is single handedly the best talent the UFC has ever had. Dana and the rest of the UFC would shit their pants if McGregor quit and went to Bellator or remained a free agent. I don't think Conor would ever leave the UFC though.

B5K6qrBCMAE0djR.jpg

"He knows other than Jon Jones, McGregor is single handedly the best talent the UFC has ever had"

tumblr_n56jjialcd1qkd8xuo1_500.jpg

They should cut him and he can see how much he can make anywhere else.

The new UFC owners were clearly UTD on the troubles with Conor long before the purchase was final. They know from Ronda that they can artificially engineer stars and being from Hollywood, they are more concerned with perception than reality. This past UFC card and it's specific line up tells you all that you need to know: Perry vs a Versace model, two hot girls and a surfer Sage vs Mickey. They figure that they dont need Conor and sure aren't gonna pay him while he could lose a few and retire/get hurt/whatever. UFC built itself on a brand, not in individual stars and will move on without you.

There are just so many hungry fighters out there that will work for nothing. With their Hollywod ties, they would rather build Jean Claude Van Dammes than Fedors. They dont give an s about who is the best fighter, they only care about who can make them the most while paying the least. They are probably the worst people to end up with the UFC. UFC will soon be like Kimbo's Bellator plus WWE plus the dreadful Ronda era of spewing lies ('once ever/ could beat half the men') rolled up into one shit blanket.

I don't understand the obsession with becoming ultra-rich. I am about to retire in a few years, always lived comfortably, travelled a lot, put our son through university, but don't see the appeal of living in a huge mansion with flashy cars.

I guess that for some people it's all about the image.

He should tone it down. I don't believe he will be fighting anytime soon, and don't really wanna hear from him in the meantime.

Well everyone else does so who gives a shit what you think.

I don't understand the obsession with becoming ultra-rich. I am about to retire in a few years, always lived comfortably, travelled a lot, put our son through university, but don't see the appeal of living in a huge mansion with flashy cars.

Yes because all you get from being ultra rich is fancy cars and an image lol.
For some people the money is just a bi-product of doing what they love and constantly improving. Not all professions have that bi-product though.
Obviously Conor cares about his image, but go look at his interview from when he was broke and talking about wanting more money than he knows what to do with for his kids, his grand kids etc.
Conor has a soft side but he doesn't always show it because he makes more money showing the hard side.

If anybody thought this dude was not gonna fight for 10 months you haven't been paying attention.

No way he takes more than 4 months off. He can't. He lives for the octagon. He likes the pressure, he likes the stage and that's who he is.

You're ancient

"I want them to back me like I back them."

Like it or not, McGregor's the one risking his life in there for entertainment purposes. He's the one generating the ridiculous numbers. And now he's got enough money to retire and a family on the way. You can't blame him for asking for some (deserved) incentive to keep doing what he's doing, and some assurances that him and the UFC are in on it together.

They should cut him and he can see how much he can make anywhere else.
Pro boxing, WWE, Hollywood.

It's naive and narrow minded to believe that people must care about image to want to be rich and buy fancy things. Can you really not think of any of the myriad of other reasons?

I dreamed of owning a 1987 Pirsche 911 targa turbo in midnight blue since I was a boy. Because it was one of the fastest cars at the time and sounded the best in my opinion. Nostalgia and a connection to your youth is but one reason of thousands. A sense that you have achieved your dreams, perhaps.

"I want them to back me like I back them."

Like it or not, McGregor's the one risking his life in there for entertainment purposes. He's the one generating the ridiculous numbers. And now he's got enough money to retire and a family on the way. You can't blame him for asking for some (deserved) incentive to keep doing what he's doing, and some assurances that him and the UFC are in on it together.

Pro boxing, WWE, Hollywood.

John Cena is the highest paid wrestler, he only make $10 million and it took him years and being on the road 300 days per year to get that. And oh yeah, Vince McMahon would censor Conor on TV and social media.

Probably boxing, lol one loss and he will be done. Kimbo tried boxing and it didn't translate because fans didn't buy him as a boxer.

Hollywood, sure you want to get on wme bad side?

Back