THE Nogi Thread

infamous mattyd

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My main problem is they look so fucking good I don't want to train in them. Sprawls look like fight shorts, but NOGIs look real fashionable and can be worn anywhere. I am really thinking about ordering a second pair to train in so I keep one pair looking fresh. Plus people always ask me "whats NOGI?" Invariably pronounced "NAGI" and then I get to talk about my favorite subject, which to state the obvious is training. P.S. the stretch material the NOGIs are made out of is unreal...unlike anything I have ever worn, and I own 3 soon to be 4 pairs of Sprawls, HCK, and Full Contact Fighter shorts. (Veteran Gear Whore)

Please slap anyone who pronounces NOGI Nagi. That makes no sense at all to say it like that.

Thanks for the props man. (I know how to get a cheaper deal on that new pair :wink: )

BTW: The next time someone asks you what NoGI means (regardless of the lack of grasping the English language and completely ignoring the macron over the O)...

Look back at their shirt, shoes, or shorts and ask them what Nike, Oakley, Vans, DVS means. :D

Isn't the macron over the O a trademark of otomix?

Soid said:
Yes it does make sense. Nawgi.. But anyways, bring them shits in *****dawg.

I still don't see why anyone would pronounce it with an A and not an O. This isn't like Potatoes and Potatoes(Po - Tah - Toes)

You're misunderstanding. If some guy sees "Nogi" he might pronoucne it as "Nog-gi"

Dude, we're arguing over text that can go either way. We are both idiots. Jesus christ I'm a loser, I'm supposed to be in bed.

Whats the stretch material like? I went to WEC show and a guy at the ground and pound booth was showing me the shorts. They were made out of stretch material he said, but i didnt seem to notice them stretching at all. Do they stretch like the crotch on sprawls or not quite that much?

Perfy- It is part of the friggin English Language. You can't trade mark part of the English language.

It doesn't stretch like spandex but the ENTIRE shorts stretches. You won't even know it unless you stretch it or you throw kicks and knees and your leg doesn't get caught on it.

You watch... ANOTHER short company will be using it shortly I am almost positive. It's the only way to keep up.

I'd run to the patent office but Chris would just beat me up.

Soid said:
You're misunderstanding. If some guy sees "Nogi" he might pronoucne it as "Nog-gi"

Dude, we're arguing over text that can go either way. We are both idiots. Jesus christ I'm a loser, I'm supposed to be in bed.

You say Potatoes and I say Potatoes(Po - Tah - Toes), Potatoes .. Potatoes(Po - Tah - Toes). You say Tomatoes and I say Tomatoes(To - Mah - Toes) .. Tomatoes .. Tomatoes(To - Mah - Toes). :eek: :D

What is the difference between the OE Competition's and the regular OE's? Is it a split seam up the sides like the SPRAWL XT? And is the white part of the White/Brown short at all transparent, like if I were to wear them somewhere other than training?

More printing. I believe one of it is a big fat "No Gi" written across your ass.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

All comps have nogi going up the sides (the OE comp is across the sides and ass). The reg OE just has nogi across the ass.

www.SSFgear.com

Does someone know when they will have their new shorts? Also, are the shorts on the web page the 06 line? Does anyone have a pic of the (royal) blue t-shirt or hoodie?

I believe Ron or Phenom put up a picture of the Sub Zero at some point in time. So do a search,

Back