The Night Dynamite Kid Got His Ass Beat

Maybe I'm confusing it with Martha's book then
Martha's book was a pretty good book. Bret's was one of the best books ever. You can tell Bret is a mark for himself and exaggerates his importance, but it was a solid read.

Diana's was a clusterfuck and was taken off shelves because of Libel lawsuits she could not fight because people literally had proof most of what she said was bullshit.

Mind you, reading it will give you a headache since there is no formatting. She jumps all over the place like a crazy person.

Bruce Hart's book was crap too.

It's your ultimate sleezebook, the Jerry Springer of pro wrestling books. Some people talk about Ring of Hell but at least they had most of the facts right. Diana's book was a long string of incoherent thoughts without rhyme, reason and lack of chronology. There were definitely some facts in there, quite a few actually, but it's so hard to brush between fact and complete bullshit.

Cliffs:

- The foreword was supposedly written by Stu Hart but later found out to be false. In the foreword, "Stu" mentions how great Diana and Owen were, how they were the two best children and how "hot" and gorgeous Diana is.

- Diana talks about how bad Davey Boy was as a husband and a father. Davey's a huge drug addict, rapist, masochist (which are all at least half truths for sure though). She also mentions that she didn't believe Davey's back injury was legit, that Davey just wanted to sit around and do nothing but be a bum. She also talks about trying to commit suicide and how her heart stopped 4 times

- Diana trashes all of her siblings except for Georgia and gave Bret most of the heat. Said Bret could've done more to help the family and to help Davey but wouldn't and chose to put himself in the spotlight and let himself get all the shine (Maybe she forgot SS'92 at Wembley or WM10 where he was supposed to beat Owen as he was booked to win the title later on in the ME but chose to put Owen over).

- Diana talks about how they were so poor, had to share clothes, didn't have soap or toothpaste at times...and then goes on to talk about how her family had so much money, his dad had two limos and 30 Caddy and the best things life could buy.

Anyhow, the most important thing for you to know, Buff, is that the book was so great and authentically accurate, the publishers had to pull the book off the shelves and stopped selling it less than a year after it was released. The publisher released an apology and Diana also released a statement saying that she didn't get to see the final version of the book before it was published and denied saying most of those things in the book. It's a mess
This

The Great Bad News Brown said Owen and Stu were the only Two Harts that he liked, he fucking HATED Bruce Hart the most(Stu Even asked Bad News to beat the shit out of him, when the Stampede Workers went to NY)

Bad news hated everyone and ended up being a mall security guard after the WWF to make ends meet. The guy was a moron. Tough guy, but a moron.

But just about everyone hated Bruce Hart. Bruce Hart was basically Stampede's version of Vince Russo.

No one liked Bruce Hart and he literally is Stampede's Russo.

As far as Bad News goes, the guy had no talent as a wrestler, none. No mic skills, could not connect with the fans, and just poor in the ring. Obviously a legitimately tough guy but no one wanted to wrestle him and he went nowhere.

Most wrestler's books, are nothing but self promotion. One thing about Bret's is that his most of the things he has said in his book about what happened and how things happened have stood the test of time. His opinions, like anyone else, are just that but how accurate he was in his book is amazing. Of course alot of it has to do with him recording nearly everything. Heck, I thought that when the WWE did the Rivalry DVD, Shawn would refute a few things but he didn't. He didn't refute he was an ass, he couldn't refute the fact that he told Bret in front of Vince and a few of the boys that even if Bret lost to him, he would never lose to Bret along with a bunch of other things.

Back to Dynamite, man if he was a decent human being, imagine the love he would get. His book, Pure Dynamite, was basically a book about how tough he was, the pranks he played, and how he didn't regret a single thing. Fast forward 10+ years later, still refuses to grow up and doesn't feel remorse for a single thing he has done. His in-ring work is amazing and stands the test of time but so does his shitty attitude.

More on Dynamite as I went through my stash of old pro wrestling mags and articles.

- Dynamite's ex-wife has rarely made any public statements about Dynamite except for one particular case. She talked about how they met, how Dynamite did have a sweet side and a part of his sweet side was putting just one dose of ExLax in her drink instead of three like he did everyone else. She also talked about how Dynamite often threatened to kill her but never did. She doesn't have any hatred or ill feelings toward him, just pity.

- When Dynamite's daughter was 16, she finally decided to write to her father asking him why he never came back to Canada, why he never came to visit, etc. She never received anything. So she decided to call her father since they still kept in touch with Dynamite's brother (their uncle). When she got through, she told her dad who she was and asked if he got her letters. His replay, and I quote, "Yea, and I thought it was fookin rude!" and he hung up. So here's a grown ass man who has had no contact with his children almost a decade and never replied to a single letter and when his own children finally call him, that's what he says to them.

- Dynamite's oldest daughter has gone to visit him numerous times and he's much better in person than over the phone. While they are not lovey dovey, he is fatherly in his own, distant, and uniquely moody way. She doesn't remember much about her dad and her mom doesn't talk negatively about their dad to them either.

- Dynamite was blessed with a gorgeous wife, gorgeous family and he really messed it all up. He's lucky they still want him in his life, as least his kids do.

Bad News went nowhere?
I must strongly disagree with that statement
He had a pretty good run in the #1 rasslin league in the world and hes still remembered and talked about 30 years later
Thats a pretty big somewhere

Bad News went nowhere?
I must strongly disagree with that statement
He had a pretty good run in the #1 rasslin league in the world and hes still remembered and talked about 30 years later
Thats a pretty big somewhere
That's fine, I'm not a Bad News fan and never have been. He made it in the WWF and made some money so he did have some success but he was a decent wrestler, AT BEST. His biggest accomplishment in the WWF was winning the 20 man Royal at WM. He never won a single individual or tag belt in the WWF. As an Olympian and as a man, he was a beast no doubt. As a wrestler, his career was really subpar and I don't think a decent argument could be made against that.

One good thing about Allen/Brown/Coage is that he had a life before wrestling and had a life after wrestling. Unlike most pro wrestlers after retiring, he went back to live a relatively normal life and was a great family man. So by all means, he was a success in his professional life, in his pro wrestling life by making a decent living for a good decade plus, and retired to live his life as a family man. Definitely commend him for the ability to separate wrestling from his life.

Bad News was never mentioned on Black History Month, so I'm pretty sure he never existed.

This is a great thread

I read Dynamite's book once and can't find it anywhere now. Really wish there was a Kindle version

One of my first wrestling mags had Bad News getting head butted by Hogan, who had a motorcycle helmet with a fist on top, on the cover. The cover stated, "Ban the helmet or ban Hulk Hogan".

Another memory was a match he had with Hogan on my Hulkamania 4 VHS. Bad News had Hogan beat, he grabbed the mic and trashed Hogan while he was down, and then went to the back to get a snow shovel of all things. I want to say he also told Hogan he it was "ghetto blaster time" before Hogan Hulked up and won. Bad News to me is comparable to Mark Henry. A threat that can be booked as such but no one really is shocked when he lost to his opponents...

That's fine, I'm not a Bad News fan and never have been. He made it in the WWF and made some money so he did have some success but he was a decent wrestler, AT BEST. His biggest accomplishment in the WWF was winning the 20 man Royal at WM. He never won a single individual or tag belt in the WWF. As an Olympian and as a man, he was a beast no doubt. As a wrestler, his career was really subpar and I don't think a decent argument could be made against that.

One good thing about Allen/Brown/Coage is that he had a life before wrestling and had a life after wrestling. Unlike most pro wrestlers after retiring, he went back to live a relatively normal life and was a great family man. So by all means, he was a success in his professional life, in his pro wrestling life by making a decent living for a good decade plus, and retired to live his life as a family man. Definitely commend him for the ability to separate wrestling from his life.
You backed off your "went nowhere" comments but then still had to bury him
I think youre letting your personal feelings about him get in the way
He was a top heel in Canada for several years and then went to WWF and stood out when they were packed with talent
There are literally thousands of rasslers during that same timeframe that had nowhere near the success he did
If not winning a WWF title is a knock against him then I guess Jake Roberts career was subpar too

One of my first wrestling mags had Bad News getting head butted by Hogan, who had a motorcycle helmet with a fist on top, on the cover. The cover stated, "Ban the helmet or ban Hulk Hogan".

Another memory was a match he had with Hogan on my Hulkamania 4 VHS. Bad News had Hogan beat, he grabbed the mic and trashed Hogan while he was down, and then went to the back to get a snow shovel of all things. I want to say he also told Hogan he it was "ghetto blaster time" before Hogan Hulked up and won. Bad News to me is comparable to Mark Henry. A threat that can be booked as such but no one really is shocked when he lost to his opponents...
I saw Hogan wearing that War Bonnet helmet against Haku at a house show in Sacramento
Hogan was a cheatin motherfucker

Bad News was a star because he got to main event with Hogan. I was always a huge fan. Watch the Rumble '89, he draws his number and says "Its GOOD NEWS...For BAD NEWS". That shit is gold son

Bossman, Earthquake, Dibiase and Bad News all became legit once they got to work with the Hulkster, Jack.

Bad News was a star because he got to main event with Hogan. I was always a huge fan. Watch the Rumble '89, he draws his number and says "Its GOOD NEWS...For BAD NEWS". That shit is gold son

Bossman, Earthquake, Dibiase and Bad News all became legit once they got to work with the Hulkster, Jack.
Yea I dont understand how anyone can say he was terrible on the mic
He wasnt Jim Cornette but his mic work was solid and fit his character perfectly

Yea I dont understand how anyone can say he was terrible on the mic
He wasnt Jim Cornette but his mic work was solid and fit his character perfectly

I couldn't stand Cornette but I guess that was him doing his job =/

Back