The newest over used word, "Simp"...The Internet's new favorite word.

It's terminology specifically created to shame family men that provide for their family to justify dude's that bail on their families for whatever reason. It's similar to drug addicts calling people that aren't drug addicts squares.

Square is used by more people than drug addicts and simp is used by more people than actual pimps. And it's not about family men. It's specifically about the act of pursuing a woman.

If I go to the club and get a chick without spending a dime, I'm a player. If another guy goes to the club and gets a chick by buying her expensive drinks, that's a simp.

Alright, lately I been seeing this word more and more, "simp", it's just all over the internet so I decided to google trend it to see if it was just a coincidence or did society just decide to overuse the word out of nowhere........

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=simp

I was right......Nobody used the word "simp" until November 2019, then it hit it's peak in March 2020....So wtf? what happened between November-March that made people overuse the word simp? Was there some "Simp" movie/news story that made the term "simp" popular?

This isn't the first time a word becomes overused because of the internet.

Cringe was another word that was rarely used, until the internet/reddit in around 2015 made it popular and now it's over used and it's used in the wrong way(inb4 people say this thread is cringe).

Anyways sherbros, if you see the word simp, remember it's a fad, or if you use the word simp, you are part of the new internet fad.
Pretty sure cringe was used way before 2015, you simp

Someone should Venn Diagram all these variants of beta males.

Square is used by more people than drug addicts and simp is used by more people than actual pimps. And it's not about family men. It's specifically about the act of pursuing a woman.

If I go to the club and get a chick without spending a dime, I'm a player. If another guy goes to the club and gets a chick by buying her expensive drinks, that's a simp.
They are both terms used to to create shitty ideals to rationalize shitty behavior by making it seem cool. Where the structure of the language and what it implies as cool becomes a sort of social currency.

I thought it was just another word for basic bro or basic bitch (you know, the generic tinder profiles with generic interests). But apparently it's people who give money to E-girls.

Who would you rather be the guy that can afford expensive drinks like it's not a big deal or the guy that abuses his gf(s) and lets other dudes fuck her for money?

It's just a really stupid ideal.

They are both terms used to to create shitty ideals to rationalize shitty behavior by making it seem cool. Where the structure of the language and what it implies as cool becomes a sort of social currency.

Simps are the ones who engage in shitty behavior.

I was saying that shit in the 90s and 00s. I try not to now. Same with "twerk" and "trap" and a bunch of other words snot nosed Gen Zers ruined with their snappy chats and their ticky tocks.

Tony Snow aka Sweet James Jones been using simp since ugk

People like to talk about celebrity deaths, that's the one that hit me the hardest. That was a surreal day.

That's probably where I picked up the term to begin with, actually. I've been banging screw since I was a baby.

just don't be this guy

maxresdefault.jpg
Eww he’s fucking mallgrabbing

People like to talk about celebrity deaths, that's the one that hit me the hardest. That was a surreal day.

That's probably where I picked up the term to begin with, actually. I've been banging screw since I was a baby.
Half these cats out now wouldnt be around if pimp was alive

Simps are the ones who engage in shitty behavior.
In the broad sense no, not really, but 'nice guy tms' do. If you are trying to pigeon hole shitty behavior in the broader simp category it's covered by the term 'nice guy tm.' Specifically, 'Nice guy tm's' that 'white knight' to 'virtue signal.'

There are already terms that cover that though so what does 'simp' add? It just creates a point considered uncool to make a counter point that is considered cool, an ideal. That ideal is a shitty ideal though. Gangsters and thugs aren't cool their fucking idiots.

Think official simp meaning was " a man who puts himself in submissive position before a woman expecting nothing back"

So a guy who gets laid with drinks isnt a simp since he actually gets laid or the motive behind the drinks is to get laid

These streamer watching guys who give money so girls notice them but expect nothing and get nothing real back are simps (literally where term comes from nowadays)

Last edited:
Baffling behavior.
Women in America really have some of these guys jumping through hoops.

What a strange dynamic. It's difficult to understand.

In other places I've traveled to or lived I haven't noticed young men being conditioned to act like that. I suppose a lack of access to females has some of these guys fuck3d up.

Pretty sad stuff.

Lol this is nothing

You dont know what women in russia make their guys do,Got dudes working 3 jobs so the lady can buy stuff

Lol this is nothing

You dont know what women in russia make their guys do,Got dudes working 3 jobs so the lady can buy stuff
<Kobe213> No, as westerners we reserve the privilege to project our fantasies onto your 'shit hole countries.' Don't worry it's not racist.

Half these cats out now wouldnt be around if pimp was alive

I remember pulling up to my cousin's with some sweets and I hop out and he's like man Pimp died. I was like what you're tripping. If you remember Big Moe had just died a few weeks before. I was like man that was Moe. He was like nah Pimp died last night and we turned on the radio and it was all over it. Wasn't no social media back then had to hear it on the radio.

It's one of those moments like 9/11 or something like that where you remember exactly where you were. That was my childhood hero.

Slang terms rise and fall in popularity.

Simp is a good word for the dudes who give the Okay Boomer girl 10k for simply... existing.

10K.
If it's 10,000 Yenjamins. (about $95) That'll get you a massage and blowjob in Shinjuku.
that's far lower than a typical bar tab.

Maybe, young Japanese guys, have it figured out. Most of them aren't being strung along by females the way the guys that are being discussed in this thread are.

Maybe more young American boys need an outlet other than going home frustrated after blasting through their cash in a titty bar.
They'll spend far less time chasing dead ends (Simping must not be easy) and clamoring for attention if they understood the market value of the commodity they were pursuing.

Not saying it's a perfect solution. Just an observation.

It's saddening to see young men lowering themselves to this simp-like behavior. WTF!?

Back