Elections The new Voting Rights Act for dummies

Should the US Fed Government work to ensure uniform standards for voting Rights

• Total voters
If you mean you think voting districts should be made along existing geographic boundaries according to population and limit gerrymandering, I think/know you would quickly reverse course on that belief once you realized it would immediately and significantly harm the electoral prospects of the Republican Party.

Just like conservatives were easily rallied to oppose mail-in voting after supporting it for years because it suddenly favored Democrats instead of Republicans.

Like the democrats don't raise hell when its done and it reduces minority population areas into a couple of areas.

Or it splits the area so its no longer minority controlled. I have seen both sides gerrymandering when they have the chance.

Like the democrats don't raise hell when its done and it reduces minority population areas into a couple of areas.

Or it splits the area so its no longer minority controlled. I have seen both sides gerrymandering when they have the chance.

https://www.businessinsider.com/par...efited-republicans-more-than-democrats-2017-6
Analysis: Partisan gerrymandering has benefited Republicans more than Democrats

The AP scrutinized the outcomes of all 435 U.S. House races and about 4,700 state House and Assembly seats up for election last year using a new statistical method of calculating partisan advantage. It’s designed to detect cases in which one party may have won, widened or retained its grip on power through political gerrymandering.

The analysis found four times as many states with Republican-skewed state House or Assembly districts than Democratic ones. Among the two dozen most populated states that determine the vast majority of Congress, there were nearly three times as many with Republican-tilted U.S. House districts.

I've seen when its divided by boundaries and the democrats raise hell because it reduces minority strongholds and there by ther power.

I say use physical boundaries and let it be what it is.

Op is so vague you get no clear vision of what they are actually selling. Sleazy old car salesman tactic.

https://www.businessinsider.com/par...efited-republicans-more-than-democrats-2017-6
Analysis: Partisan gerrymandering has benefited Republicans more than Democrats

The AP scrutinized the outcomes of all 435 U.S. House races and about 4,700 state House and Assembly seats up for election last year using a new statistical method of calculating partisan advantage. It’s designed to detect cases in which one party may have won, widened or retained its grip on power through political gerrymandering.

The analysis found four times as many states with Republican-skewed state House or Assembly districts than Democratic ones. Among the two dozen most populated states that determine the vast majority of Congress, there were nearly three times as many with Republican-tilted U.S. House districts.

I don't care about the past just make it fair so the rural and urban both get fair representation.

I don't care about the past just make it fair so the rural and urban both get fair representation.

The past? It's a 2017 assessment, and the GOP has spent 4 years loosening election integrity.

The hell are you even talking about here? The data shows the GOP does the vast majority of partisan and racial gerrymandering, but you're talking about the dems as if they're equal, or even remotely close...........

"the democrats raise hell because it reduces minority strongholds and there by ther power."
<Huh2>
Nope, boyo, democrats, and the citizenry when polled, are against partisan and racial gerrymandering because it unfairly allows the GOP to disenfranchise millions in order to pursue their corporate-first agenda.

No matter what these scumbags do, even when they admit they can't win without tipping the scales unfairly on air, you place everything on teh libz.

That's the type of behavior that makes sure you get states in which people can't even rely upon their government during historic power outages during snowstorms. They can't even operate in a human manner during crisis, and you're putting it on the dems...........

Seems like making Election Day a holiday should be a no-brainer, but no mention. Nice to see released felons getting their voting rights back though.

HR1 For the Democrats, a 700-page monstrosity, is not what it purports to be which shouldn't be any kind of a surprise since Democrats are backing it. It's a massive transfer in power from the States to the Federal Government when it comes to election procedures. It looks like Democrats think elections are too important to trust the to the States. It's yet another power grab.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/h-r-1-is-a-partisan-assault-on-american-democracy/

It would override hundreds of state laws governing the orderly conduct of elections, federalize control of voting and elections to a degree without precedent in American history, end two centuries of state power to draw congressional districts, turn the Federal Elections Commission into a partisan weapon, and massively burden political speech against the government while offering government handouts to congressional campaigns and campus activists.

These are just some of the provisions in the bill. Looks like Democrats are playing dirty and are back to their old tricks again.

- Creates a three-judge Federal panel to draw congressional districts taking power away from the States
- Mandates reporting of donor lists to the IRS (WTF? Obama's Gestapo is back in business. Now Republican donors can be outed for harassment and persecution just like was done during his administration. How could this power possibly be abused? /sarcasm)
-
Automatically registers people to vote who apply for unemployment, Medicaid, Medicare, Obamacare, college, or who are coming out of prison (Democrats signing up large swaths of their voter pools)
- Bans State voter-ID laws
- 16-year-olds can register to vote (still must wait to 18 to actually vote)
- Felons in many states can now vote
- Diverts taxpayer money to funding Congressional and Presidential campaigns

To sum up:

But not since the Alien and Sedition Acts has one political party in Congress sought to bend the power of the federal government, on partisan lines, toward crushing political opposition to this extent. H.R. 1 is not merely a bad idea; it is a scandal.

Last edited:
Way too much to read.

I voted it is good. Idk why but it angers the GOP which tries to restrict voting so I assume it is good

I am too low IQ to read all that or maybe I just lack the focus.
The only people who do not support this bill are true progressives and Independents. Any republican push back is fake.

Republicans are against this because they are against voting for all citizens. They know if every citizen gets a fair and legal vote they will never win another election. Republicans are the real cheaters and they want to suppress your vote

They’ve even been caught saying this. They know they can’t win if everyone votes. Especially when minorities come out in large numbers.

why do you think they spend countless hours and countless dollars trying to prevent certain groups from voting.

just look at Georgia

Thank goodness for filibuster. Hold! Lenin would love this shit. SCOTUS would not uphold it anyway.

'The authors of the Constitution worried that Congress would try to seize control of presidential selection using dirty tricks like those in HR 1. That’s why they acted to “to take the business as far as possible out of their hands,” according to Charles Pinckney, a framer from South Carolina.

Congress, said Pinckney, “had no right to meddle” in it. The framers provided in Article II, Sec. 1 that only state legislatures would have the power to determine how the president is chosen. No national rules.'
https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/03/07/pelosis-hr1-bill-a-blatant-power-grab-for-democrats/

Thank goodness for filibuster. Hold! Lenin would love this shit. SCOTUS would not uphold it anyway.

'The authors of the Constitution worried that Congress would try to seize control of presidential selection using dirty tricks like those in HR 1. That’s why they acted to “to take the business as far as possible out of their hands,” according to Charles Pinckney, a framer from South Carolina.

Congress, said Pinckney, “had no right to meddle” in it. The framers provided in Article II, Sec. 1 that only state legislatures would have the power to determine how the president is chosen. No national rules.'
https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/03/07/pelosis-hr1-bill-a-blatant-power-grab-for-democrats/

Democrats must be stopped. McConnell was right when he said the number one priority would be to stop Obama. Obviously ousting him from the White House wasn't enough as Democrats are still full steam ahead creating their one-party State.

Democrats must be stopped. McConnell was right when he said the number one priority would be to stop Obama. Obviously ousting him from the White House wasn't enough as Democrats are still full steam ahead creating their one-party State.

LOL, Alex.

The mentions about making it easier for criminal to vote were disappointing to see. The Democrats have become the pro criminal party of late though. That seems to be show up with the increased crime rates being seen in many cities. Disappointing too in how it makes elections less secure. I'm not sure if 16 year olds should be voting.

The way i figure it, many have been saying that Democrats are likely to lose the House and Senate in the next election. Democrats are fearful of that, and they are going to do what they can to tilt the coming elections in their favor, if this bill is passed.

Pelosi admits Democrats stand a better chance of holding power if they pass H.R.1. Looks like many here were right after all about the Democrats' obsession with increasing their stranglehold on power via poorly disguised legislation like HR1.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...g-the-house-would-be-better-if-we-pass-h-r-1/

Pelosi said, “Well, the elections are about campaigns, and we are ready. We are ready with our Ms: mobilization to own the ground to get out the vote with our message of unity for the people — again, so proud of what the Biden-Harris administration is putting forth — and then, of course, with the resources, the money that is needed to do this. But we would be better if we can [pass] H.R. and S. 1 in order to remove obstacles to participation for people to vote.”

Federalizing elections is a non-starter.

I vote no against Centralize Authoritarianism. Nope. Un-American.

Back