The new UFC title belts are disgusting

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
These new belts look absolutely terrible. Just awful.

detail-shot-of-the-new-ufc-legacy-championship-belt-during-the-ufc-picture-id1085415466

I ain’t seen a belt that ugly in my whole life. The worst of all the belt designs the UFC has come up with, for sure.

Agreed. Thought they'd grow one me eventually but nope - they're horrible..

Bring the old ones back. Iconic and beautiful.

Whomever designed that belt needs to go back to teaching grade 9 Arts and Crafts.

Who cares how the belts look? It's the getting to wear one that matters.

It could look like shit, litterally, and it would still be worth more than getting to wrap a van Gogh painting around your waist.

I agree. The new belts just don't look as nice. The "deconstructed" flag colours look terrible, and the empty space above/below "WORLD" is horrible. I also don't like this misshapen octagon. It just looks cheap and somewhat empty.

It could look like shit, litterally, and it would still be worth more than getting to wrap a van Gogh painting around your waist.

Lol we enjoy the whole product not just the fights. If all male fighters wear Speedo with temporary condom depot tattoo on their chest, fighting on that ugly yellow Octagon they did for UFC 200 would you still enjoy the fights? You would either laugh your ass off or switch channel.

Belt is a minor issue, but it is a piece of the puzzle that makes the Zuffa era UFC awesome.

Are you kidding me? You think the belt is worth more than a van Gogh painting?

Old UFC belt: $300k (newer ones are cheaper)
https://www.mmanews.com/michael-bisping-reveals-cost-to-make-old-ufc-belts/

Your average van Gogh painting is going to go for $60-80 million, and some for even more.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...asylum-view-sells-for-81-3-million-at-auction
https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/arts/van-gogh-painting-sold-for-111-million-at-auction

The only thing that bothers me about the new belts is that the octagon sides are not the same length. Why? Make each side the same length like the actual octagon.

The only thing that bothers me about the new belts is that the octagon sides are not the same length. Why? Make each side the same length like the actual octagon.
Exactly. The octagon should have symmetrical sides. There's also too much dead space above/below "WORLD", and the deconstructed flags look like shit.

The diamonds are also pretty tacky.

At first I thought the same, but it did grow on me and now I like it. Even if it looks power rangers esque.

Are you kidding me? You think the belt is worth more than a van Gogh painting?

It's obviously not worth more, when talking solely money. It's worth more if what you're looking for isn't money, but the symbol of the fulfillment of your lifelong dream.

These new belts look absolutely terrible. Just awful.

detail-shot-of-the-new-ufc-legacy-championship-belt-during-the-ufc-picture-id1085415466

I ain’t seen a belt that ugly in my whole life. The worst of all the belt designs the UFC has come up with, for sure.
LOL alright Kardashian, this is cage fighting bro <45> You win the belt you are the best in the world.

Who cares

Ok please stop reaching, they might be a bit ugly and I agree the previous one will always be the best mma belt ever.

The new doesn't look That bad infact in fact I expect people accept it sooner than later.

Tbh, they all look like shit, and no one is gonna wear a belt like that.

Why don't the UFC hand out a fancy, slick, cooool looking leather belt?

Lol we enjoy the whole product not just the fights. If all male fighters wear Speedo with temporary condom depot tattoo on their chest, fighting on that ugly yellow Octagon they did for UFC 200 would you still enjoy the fights? You would either laugh your ass off or switch channel.

Honestly if you're changing the channel because of that this probably isn't the sport for you. The game is about one thing first and that's the action.

Shout outs to Shonie Carter The original banana hammock bandit.​

1003.jpg

shonie2.jpg
shonie.png

Last edited:
Back