The New Political Divide: Fiction vs. Reality

OP posting the same shit all over the forum and can be summed up by his avatar of a geriatric lecherously licking an icecream.

Ask any question you wish sir and I will reply in earnest.

You think there is something difficult to grasp about the philosophy? Why do you guys pretend it doesn't exist, lol. CT! CT!

It's not a group of people pressing this intentionally with a purpose. It's a self-defeating, lazy philosophy that reached enough low iq people that it began to take over concepts of reason and logic. I see it everywhere, in all aspects of life. Clear as day. Most people aren't even aware they're engaged in (see: you)

The only retort worth replying to came from @Jack V Savage who indicated an astute observation that the general laziness has shifted to the right (as evidenced by the glaring retardation of most Trump supporters and the hills they pretend to die on).

edit-- you have shown to have a lot of knowledge on this topic. i was wrong. @Natural Order

Last edited:
I think that the idea that objective reality exists and that we can follow steps to approximate knowledge of it is inherently corrosive to claims to authority and hierarchy, and threatening to tradition. And that attacking that idea opens the door for truth to ultimately be decided by appeals to power, which is inherently rightist.

For the first part, see above. Also, I went to school, and I now have an 11-year-old, and I don't see that stuff. Growth mindset is specifically encouraged. Just today, I overheard her teacher on the Zoom meeting talking about the importance of doing stuff you don't want to do.

As for the last paragraph here, I wouldn't discount the significance of voting. And there's also wasted potential.
I too have children and am seeing methodologies brought home that I question.

"Growth mindset" is a native human trait that doesn't need clinical definition. It's literally why we're human. It's the promotion of trying and trying again, using multiple methods, until hopefully acheiving success. It has been the backbone of all human endeavour. Why are people thinking this concept is new or progressive?

"Growth Mindset" is a hack psychologist's brainchild to monetize a basic principle of learning. It's so hackish she claimed it couldn't be replicated from trials because they were "just so".

I see trends of people not learning, but relying on internet searches to create their daily narrative. I can't imagine a guy like yourself sees too much potential in a society heading towards such subjectivity and anarchy.

The "Supreme Court is coming to take your healthcare away, we must pack the courts" isn't a fringe left opinion, looks to be demonstrably false, and was breed in echo chambers on the left.

Echo chambers where things become an existential threat isn't a left or right thing.

Are you talking about how the latest frivolous challenge to the ACA might lose?

I see trends of people not learning, but relying on internet searches to create their daily narrative. I can't imagine a guy like yourself sees too much potential in a society heading towards such subjectivity and anarchy.

I think it's bad, yeah. I think the real danger is that we get a kind of modern society and a barbaric one, and the barbaric one has disproportionate control over the gov't (while the modern one is pretty firmly in control of culture--precisely the opposite of what would work best).

i think another source of this magical thinking that is divorced from reality that has not been identified in the op but that does have far reaching effects on millions of people is the "New Age Movement".

we have been inundated for the last 25 or 30 years with an increasingly out of touch spiritual teaching that promises through the power of belief and visualization that you can change reality to be whatever you want. this is basically a return to magic spells in a new form. it also promises direct answers to complex problems through channeling and communication with ascended beings, angels, god etc.

a very common teaching that runs through the movement is the notion that we are all so multidimensional that we can actually be living in different realities and that there is not necessarily an objective truth to be found but only "your" truth and "my" truth. this is driven home to people in the new age movement in many ways and is foundation in most people involved in it.

another dangerous teaching that is extremely common in the movement is the teaching that there are no limits of any kind other than those in your mind. if you are too hot its only because you really believe you are too hot. if you no longer believed in heat or in being too hot, the heat would not effect you or not exist in the first place. "the Secret" was/is a very popular proponent of this false philosophy and certain real world consequences have filtered down to us from the people involved in the making of that documentary.

one of the men ran sweat lodges and killed two people who repeatedly said the heat was hurting them but he convinced them that if they really believed then the heat would have no effect. both of them died. the second was the man who said he was visualizing checks coming in the mail and they just started to show up. turns out he was fraudulently promising massive and unrealistic returns on investments from clients and using those checks to pay off other loans.

also important to the duping of millions of people is the constant drone from new age teachers of individual specialness and exaggerated self importance and the chance of reaching a kind of enlightenment that will truly make you shine in a public recognized way which at bottom is an appeal the the most arrogant and potentially narcissistic sides of our natures.

the point is that the New Age Movement and the kind of unrealistic thinking it promotes has seeped into many american homes through many avenues and has fomented much of he soft headedness that we are seeing play out today.

many very influential new age teachers are passing these false philosophies onto others and have been for years ranging from depok chopra (who claims to be over 150 years old) to greg braden who lies so consistently about scientific data to bolster his pseudo scientific spiritual theories that there is no chance whatsoever of it being unintentional. and on the further end of the spectrum you have people like alex jones and david icke who are capitalizing on the soft headedness and promoting wild theories that only the sufficiently mentally softened and indoctrinated could fall for.

i know a successful woman who "knows" that donald trump is sent from god to stop wide spread satanic pedophilia cults from doing their ill. she "knows" because she is in touch with higher beings who have perfect knowledge and there is nothing you could show her or tell here that would convince her otherwise.

Last edited:
Are you talking about how the latest frivolous challenge to the ACA might lose?

Yes, the same case Feinstein, Schumer, Harris, Durbin, Hassan and Hirono were using to paint ACB as a politicized justice.

"The American people should make no mistake—a vote by any Senator for Judge Amy Coney Barrett is a vote to strike down the Affordable Care Act and eliminate protections for millions of Americans with pre-existing conditions. By nominating Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, President Trump has once again put Americans’ healthcare in the crosshairs. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to rage, unabated by this Administration, healthcare was already the number one issue on the ballot in November. President Trump has promised to nominate Supreme Court Justices who will “terminate” our health care law and decimate the health care system for American Indians and Alaska Natives. In Judge Barrett, President Trump has found the deciding vote."
-Schumer​
https://www.democrats.senate.gov/ne...care-for-millions-in-the-middle-of-a-pandemic

Making matters worse, in pushing this nomination through, my colleagues could undermine health care in the midst of a devastating pandemic. And just as we are learning that the long-term effects of this virus will likely mean that treatment for some will be ongoing for a lifetime, the Senate Republicans are moving to overturn the Affordable Care Act just when it is needed most. It is unconscionable.”
I cannot support a lifetime nomination of an individual who puts the health care and basic civil rights of millions of Americans at risk. I will oppose Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination to the Supreme Court. And I urge my colleagues to do the same.
-Hassan​
https://www.hassan.senate.gov/news/...civil-rights-of-millions-of-americans-at-risk

"My Republican colleagues know they can count on her to provide the decisive 5th vote on the Supreme Court to strike down the ACA – to help them win through the courts an outcome they tried and failed to achieve 70 times—70 times—in Congress.

The consequences of Judge Barrett’s vote to strike down the ACA would be catastrophic.

It would be catastrophic for the 20-plus million Americans who obtained health care coverage under the ACA and the 100 million-plus Americans who would lose the law’s protections for people living with pre-existing conditions."
-Hirono​
https://www.hirono.senate.gov/news/...-of-amy-coney-barrett-to-the-us-supreme-court

"President Trump and Republicans are violating every tradition in the Senate to have Judge Amy Coney Barrett confirmed to the Supreme Court before two dates: Election Day, which is just 13 days away, and November 10, the day the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in the case where Republicans are seeking to strike down the Affordable Care Act.

“Nothing that Judge Barrett said during her confirmation hearings allayed my concerns about the unprecedented nature of this nomination. Judge Barrett refused to comment even on basic principles such as whether the President can unilaterally delay an election, whether there must be a peaceful transfer of power, and whether voter intimidation is unlawful. Her repeated evasions leave a cloud hanging over her nomination. So we have to turn to what President Trump has said and tweeted—he has made it clear that he wants his nominee to end the ACA, overturn Roe v. Wade, and resolve any election challenges in his favor. "
-Durbin​
https://www.durbin.senate.gov/newsr...supreme-court-nomination-of-amy-coney-barrett

These aren't fringe parts of the left; these are core players pushing nonsense about how partisan the SCOTUS is when in reality Trump's appointees have been far from it.

Filling the room with lies isn't necessarily a political thing but it is something every political party does in order to rally their base.

Politics was always about stretching reality and claiming half truths.
Honestly the whole thing seems like another version of left wing elitism that has plagued the movement in the last years.

"Reality" to some is whatever the state tells them.

These aren't fringe parts of the left; these are core players pushing nonsense about how partisan the SCOTUS is when in reality Trump's appointees have been far from it.

Filling the room with lies isn't necessarily a political thing but it is something every political party does in order to rally their base.

:) This has to be one of the weirdest deflections I've ever seen.

Honestly the whole thing seems like another version of left wing elitism that has plagued the movement in the last years.

do you think trump's use of lies fantasy and theater is a left wing problem?

The thing about excessive cynicism is that it sounds tough, but it actually lets bad actors off the hook, which is why corrupt regimes promote it. If everyone's guilty, no one is.

do you think trump's use of lies fantasy and theater is a left wing problem?
No.
But let's not forget that things that the left mocks conservatives about, like anti vaxxers, started with left wing ideologies. So this is not a partisan issue.

Back