The New Political Divide: Fiction vs. Reality

"Alternative facts."

giphy.gif

Sounds like the same old stuff from the left on why Trump won the first time and why they didn’t make the great gains they thought they would.

Trump bad.
Not the stupid leftist shit we come up with turns most people off. Some see a little of the truth apparently if that phone meeting the Democrats had after the election is on the up and up. But too little too late and the answer will be “it must be we are not far enough to the left”.

we just want to stop being terrorized for being white and we just want to be left the fuck alone.

Actually minimally!

Imagine thinking post-modern philosophy is specific to Peterson. Pick up a book guy.
I never said it's specific to Peterson.

Your incorrect statements regarding it, however, are the typical from his followers. Au contraire, I believe you're the one who would benefit from some books.

This thread didn't go the way @luckyshot wanted.

Hey bro, this isn't the Lounge. Not every thread is going to be infested with your far leftist buddies.

I never said it's specific to Peterson.

Your incorrect statements regarding it, however, are the typical from his followers. Au contraire, I believe you're the one who would benefit from some books.

Why would you imply anything to Peterson then? You think his views are unique or new? Pick up a book guy.

Also, please tell a guy who has spent 20 years researching it what it means! Do tell!

Cherry pick the thesis as you need sir, there’s nothing we haven’t seen before.

Sounds like the same old stuff from the left on why Trump won the first time and why they didn’t make the great gains they thought they would.

Trump bad.
Not the stupid leftist shit we come up with turns most people off. Some see a little of the truth apparently if that phone meeting the Democrats had after the election is on the up and up. But too little too late and the answer will be “it must be we are not far enough to the left”.

Did you actually read it?

Kind of hard to take a thread seriously about political divide made by someone so partisan. Not knocking anyone in particular, wouldn't matter which of us made the thread.

This piece is kind of a hob gobb of bias conjecture. I agree with the assessment of trump here, but thats not why people are voting for him.

What's the return to "reality"? The return to the fact there's no universal healthcare, no access to education, no support for the poor and income inequality continuing to worsen. The return to neolib foreign policy like giving blowjobs to China, starting new wars, virtue signalling pretty, empty promises to the world one has no intention to fullfill e.g. Paris accord, and rejoining WHO because it sounds like the "worldly and serious" thing to do politically. The return to separating everyone by race and ethnicity and judging people by their skin colour. The return to endlessly virtue signalling about social issues like LGBTBQQ because it doesn't require doing anything meaningful economically. There's a reason people said fuck it and voted for a wildcard.

{<huh}

What steps has Trump taken towards healthcare, education, or income inequality? In fact what steps has any Republican administration taken in the past several decades? These are all things the left pushes and the right rejects.

Improvements to healthcare, education, and supporting the poor are all things that have occured under Democratic administrations. And when they don't go far enough it is because of Republican opposition and Republican lite blue dogs like Joe Lieberman and Joe Manchin.

Get real. The only path towards universal healthcare and free access to education are for leftist policies to eventually succeed. The right does not any solutions, at least this iteration of the Republican party doesn't.

This thread didn't go the way @luckyshot wanted.

Hey bro, this isn't the Lounge. Not every thread is going to be infested with your far leftist buddies.

I posted an interesting op-ed that, agree or disagree with, starts a conversation. What is you contribution again?

<BidenShutIt>

Gotta keep that Trump is literally Hitler narrative going. Even after he's gone people will be crying about him

Gotta keep that Trump is literally Hitler narrative going. Even after he's gone people will be crying about him

Hitler is a big stretch, but his actions leading up to and after the election show exactly how authoritarian he is. Calls of election fraud. Calling for his opposition to be arrested. Claiming he won the election. He's convinced 70% of Republicans the election was stolen from him. This is dictator shit and most Republican politicians have still not come out against him. Many of them are backing him. Just imagine the damage he could do if our political process and democracy weren't as secure as it is.

I don’t even think this is a “Trump” phenomenon. This is a phenomenon regarding information and where we get it, and how reliable it is or isn’t. There are bad sources on both sides, but the Right is just infested with the shit. I’m continually surprised by the dogshit sources used. How people find this shit constantly amazes me. But I also have no social media accounts; I read the bulk of my news (the election notwithstanding, I almost never watch news on TV), I use a variety of sources which are generally accepted as reliable, and I fact check a lot.
Fact checking and independent research seems to be a dying art.

Last edited:
Back