The new owners...

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Sorry for this thread but Im having real trouble finding much on the new owners.

I know they're balls deep in promotion and elbow rubbing with major celebrities, representing a bevy of well known superstars but I still haven't read one article yet on why THEY bought the UFC (when they probably would've been better off buying Yahoo! in all seriousness). Id also love to know specifically what they have in the works to improve the promotion because its arguable this is a sinking ship when purchased. Now that the cats out of the bag that they have super deep pockets obviously and artificially improved fighters are being outted left and right, pending fighters union etc etc....how do the new owners expect to make a profit and when?

Any help on understanding this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I can only assume they knew it existed, talked about some sort of numbers with their money guys and lawyer guys, then crunched said numbers, then projected some numbers and ultimately liked the numbers they saw when the dust cleared

P.I.I.T.B.

Tom Vu is your overlord.

tumblr_n3vg4pabBG1rp684do1_500.gif

They bought the UFC to make money.

All they gotta do now is make it even more mainstream. The first order of business is to try and make roadhouse the remake a success to widen the viewers.

Yeahhhh come on UFC and new owners...the TS here needs answers!! How dare you guys not make public your strategies for growing your newly purchased $4B entity or not tell him why you bought it in the first place

You don't spend 4 billion without a plan

They bought the UFC to be front row at every weigh in
giphy.gif

You don't spend 4 billion without a plan
I would say it is evident the UFC is not in good hands. Just seems like they DGAF! It feels like they have sent the sport back 15 years. Very sad.

I think the Fertittas got out at the perfect time, just as the fighters are starting to hold out and want more money, new ownership comes in after overpaying(maybe) and are trying to make money on their purchase. Instead of fighter pay going up they are being stingier then ever....seeing guys like Bader,Cirkunov,Larkin and even Story go it shows they are willing to let guys go and I see this trend continuing.

Back