The 'new' modern era Fedor's last two fight vids in Russia will really surprise you

toagrodyf

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
This is not your old Fedor.

You really need to watch both theses fights. For those who did not see Fedor's last 2 fights in M-1 in Russia... he really refocused himself and changed his training regime along with his fight strategy.

Fedor very much refined his striking 'a lot' training in Holland and completely change his fight strategy to picking opponents apart on the feet without the wild flourishes or diving into the guard.

Fedor has continued to train everything in the past 2.5 years and taught many master class seminars for the 'amateur' Russian Union Of MMA. He is also back doing weight training. A Russian interviewer asked Fedor earlier this year whether it was true he could still bench press 400lbs. Fedor said "yes and some more".

http://wmmaa.org/en/component/finder/search.html?q=Russian MMA Union

I don't think any one in the UFC HW can handle Fedor's hand speed & power or "new modern Fedor's" fight strategy on the feet. I'm sure his grappling will be back to when it was great as well.

[YT]/2SahaRlTXYE[/YT]

[YT]/sbZ99-NHynU[/YT]

If he was so focused, driven and motivated, why did he quit for close to 3 years?

i.imgur.com_uve92.gif

My face when I'm waiting for the satirical OP to have a punchline.

Waiting for weaklings to freak out that you mention Fedor bench presses

If he was so focused, driven and motivated, why did he quit for close to 3 years?

He retired from fighting to take a position with the Russian ministry of sport. Why don't you watch the videos before making ignorant uniformed comments. Typical zuffa-zombified-dana-nut-hugger kid. :)

He retired from fighting to take a position with the Russian ministry of sport. Why don't you watch the videos before making ignorant uniformed comments. Typical zuffa-zombified-dana-nut-hugger kid. :)

Right, he was so focused, driven and motivated that he...retired from fighting to take a position with the Russian ministry of sport. Why don't you actually use your brain before posting ignorant, uninformed and self-contradicting statements. Typical Pride-zombiefied-Fedor-nut-hugger kid. :)

Funny to see that anti-capitalist tattoo on Monson's neck and all of those sponsors on his shorts.

Right, he was so focused, driven and motivated that he...retired from fighting to take a position with the Russian ministry of sport. Why don't you actually use your brain before posting ignorant, uninformed and self-contradicting statements. Typical Pride-zombiefied-Fedor-nut-hugger kid. :)

I'm 49 you little twerp.

Ya, he did fight really well his last 3 fights. Very smart, he landed a lot and barely got touched.

His competition wasn't anything special in the last 3 fights but I really enjoyed the striking style he employed. He truly is a unique fighter.

The Rizzo finish was pretty brutal. Those follow up strikes so accurate.

I'm 49 you little twerp.

Is that the best "rebuttal" you could come up with? Okay then, allow me to correct my statement:

Why don't you actually use your brain before posting ignorant, uninformed and self-contradicting statements. Typical Pride-zombiefied-Fedor-nut-hugger manchild. :)

Do you have an actual explanation on why a refocused, remotivated Fedor would retire? Oh my bad, he looked good against low level competition? Ronda Rousey looks 10x better against nobodies, big whoop.

Fedor beat Monson and Rizzo.

Jeff Monson...and Pedro Rizzo.

It's not who he beat. It's how he trained and fought in those last fights before retirement.

If he have had the same approach to the 3 fights that he lost, I'm quite sure that he would had beaten Hendo and Verdum pretty handily. TRT Bigfoot might still have been to much for him though.

Is that the best "rebuttal" you could come up with? Okay then, allow me to correct my statement:

Why don't you actually use your brain before posting ignorant, uninformed and self-contradicting statements. Typical Pride-zombiefied-Fedor-nut-hugger manchild. :)

Do you have an actual explanation on why a refocused, remotivated Fedor would retire? Oh my bad, he looked good against low level competition? Ronda Rousey looks 10x better against nobodies, big whoop.

You're missing a lot of sub-text in TS comment. Mostly he did NOT say that anything aside from his improved striking. Likely due to his numerous hand injuries. Instead you took the lowest route you could just to troll him. You know why. It was in stories unless you completely ignored it. His father died, the injuries mounted up to his hands and back. No one can answer that personal of a question to anyone's satisfaction, certainly not TS and definitely no one on the site. Why is it you feel if you counterpoint someone and proclaim victory in a phony internet argument in your own head it doesn't mean TS was doing anything that sharing cause for celebration seeing how Fedor might compete after 2 1/2 years out of action.

He put that straight go to sleep type ass beating on Pedro. Can't wait to see him don the gloves once again.

1757912_o.gif

Back