The new and improved Joey Beltran

The Swirl

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What an impressive performance. Sure, he'll never be a champion, but this could be the most improvement I've ever seen from a fighter that, lets be honest, was probably on the chopping block had he lost tonight

Awesome job, Mexicutioner

Yeah, he's finally using his gas tank as a weapon.
Was cool seeing him fight smart and still bring some violence

Solid gatekeeper. He is not in there to lose. He does not have the skill/power to beat everybody. He is a tough dude, and again, a solid gatekeeper.

He threw a large volume of punches and didn't gas. It was impressive. Good for him. He deserves it, he gets a lot of hate on here.

Definitely happy he gets to stay in the ufc

Randy Beltran/Joey Couture?
I guess he finally found his style. He can't really knock you out, outstrike you from the inside nor the outside, or take you down, but he can sure as shit push you against the fence and dirty box you all day. ;)

What an impressive performance. Sure, he'll never be a champion, but this could be the most improvement I've ever seen from a fighter that, lets be honest, was probably on the chopping block had he lost tonight

for the longest time, he was the name I would use when I wanted people to picture the worst possible HW in the UFC.

Like "Lesnar is going to beat Mir so bad he'll look like Joey Beltran" you get the idea

but now he's actually looking like a decent lhw, it would be awesome if he actually improved further

Improved how?
He still has very mediocre skills, to be blunt.

He did show a nice pace.

Beltran is a great guy. Its good to see him doing well.

Siver I think takes this. Not taking away from Joey though.

He threw a large volume of punches and didn't gas. It was impressive. Good for him. He deserves it, he gets a lot of hate on here.
I honestly don't know how anyone could hate him. He's a super nice guy and brings it in every single fight.

He needs to stop getting into those sloppy back and forth, shot for shot exchanges, but definitely a marked improvement from him and he's in tremendous shape considering the flabby HW he was before. Glad to see him take the W, definitely didn't pick him to win against Igor, a tough outing for anyone. His humility and work ethic will hopefully allow him to improve his skillset further and continue entertaining us.

I like the Mexicutioner. Will never be champion, but always shows up and fights well, shows tons of heart, and obviously takes the sport seriously (i.e. trying to improve and better his style).

The sport needs guys like him, and it's nice to see him earn a good win (Igor is a legit guy).

Back