The New 52: Futures End

GhostHeavy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Has anyone started reading this series? Its not bad but its starting off slow. My question is, does anybody know why in the 2nd issue it shows Superman at Green Arrows funeral wearing a weird helmet? I don't get it, I don't read comics as much as I used to but this threw me off and was wondering if anybody knew why he had it.

I'll check it out, I need something to put on my new comic book reader on my new phone

"Batman: Eternal" is Fucking Amazing.

"Futures End" has a has a lot of interesting Characters, and that gives them a lot of potential, however it's really going slow and it's getting kind of boring.

The story really reminds me of DC's version of Marvel's X-Men Days of Future Past with the future having basically unstoppable cyborgs that are half superhero and all. I got the issue #0 on free comic book day and I was hooked but now im on issue #3 and it is going very slow but im going to stick it out. Its the first series ive read since the Death of Superman series. Its been awhile. Think im going to pick up Superman : Doomed next. Im just interested to know why Superman has a helmet 7 years before the events that are happening in the "present" in issue #0 because in that issue he just looks like regular ole supes with a half cyborg/crab body, no sign of a weird helmet. Googled it and found no answer.

I've fallen so far behind on the New 52. The last story arcs I read were The First Lantern and Batman Zero Year. What is Future's End about?

Imagine X-Mens Days of Futures Past, but with DC characters. Thats what ive gotten from it so far, need to go and pick up with 2 newest issues though. Its a decent story but its starting off slow

I also enjoyed issue #0, but I don't like that it's a weekly series. That gets expensive real fast.

I like the whole future storyline and Batman Beyond finally being introduced into the regular DCU.

Maybe I will pick it up when they put an omnibus together like "52" a couple of years back.

Last edited:
Back