The new 135 Triangle

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It looks like the Dillashaw-Cruz-No dad elite triangle is coming to an end, although its hard to bet against TJ.

With that said, what is the new 135 triangle? I think it's going to be Moraes, Cejudo, and Petr Yan

I think Sterling-Munhoz are too 1 dimensional, maybe Sandhagen can take that next step or the ufc can make it work with Horiguchi

Cody just needs to check his emotions and then 135 can be square. Now excuse me I have a shindig at the speakeasy to attend.

Cody just needs to check his emotions and then 135 can be square. Now excuse me I have a shindig at the speakeasy to attend.
He also needs to leave tam, they add to his emotional incontinence

Sterling just beat Rivera in a stand up fight from start to finish. The only other person that has had striking success against Rivera is Moraes.

Wouldn't call him one dimensional. I think that he's become one of the most underrated guys in the sport after the Moraes loss.

I definitely haven't seen anything from Yan to rate him above Munhoz and Sterling. Those guys are much better situated in the division.

Watch Cody pull off 3 first round finishes and be back in a title fight.

It looks like the Dillashaw-Cruz-No dad elite triangle is coming to an end, although its hard to bet against TJ.

With that said, what is the new 135 triangle? I think it's going to be Moraes, Cejudo, and Petr Yan

I think Sterling-Munhoz are too 1 dimensional, maybe Sandhagen can take that next step or the ufc can make it work with Horiguchi

I'd love for Horiguchi to come back. I think he's top five at both 135lbs and 125lbs, but I just don't see it happening. He seems to be treated really well in japan. I'm excited to see him in bellator for his next fight, though—it will be cool to see him fight in a cage again.

As for the big 3 at BW, it's gotta be Moraes, cejudo, and if Yan beats rivera, he'll be in there.

But It's too stacked now to only have 3 top dogs. The winner of sterling and munoz will be a legit contender, too.

Sterling just beat Rivera in a stand up fight from start to finish. The only other person that has had striking success against Rivera is Moraes.

Wouldn't call him one dimensional. I think that he's become one of the most underrated guys in the sport after the Moraes loss.

I definitely haven't seen anything from Yan to rate him above Munhoz and Sterling. Those guys are much better situated in the division.

I agree. I don't know what people have against the guy. His striking is odd, but it's clearly become more effective than it was before. I guess since he doesn't really have power, people dislike him. Idk. He's a solid top 5 guy though.

pedro muhoz, sterling,sandhagen, all waiting to be in the triangle lol

I was hoping you were talking about a new submission.

I agree. I don't know what people have against the guy. His striking is odd, but it's clearly become more effective than it was before. I guess since he doesn't really have power, people dislike him. Idk. He's a solid top 5 guy though.

His striking is getting more effective yes. I didn't like him because his striking used to consist of him running in and throwing a kick and at the same time evading so the kicks were never impactful and just a way to score tiny points over and over again. Never getting hit with anything because he was always evading before his own shots even landed.

That + his Conor Mcgregoresque confidence and belief in himself that he was the next God of MMA is what ticked me off.

I thought that his striking was total trash when he started in the UFC, but it was awesome against Rivera. It's really awkward, but it works really well when he gets into a flow.

"Wake Up Henry. It's Over."
Screen-Shot-2018-04-19-at-10.12.49-AM.png

Back