The New 100 Burpee Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm really embarrassed to say this after checking out the other scores, but weighing in at a hefty 206lbs I did my 100 burpees in:

19 min.

Thats not a typo, it actually took 19 minutes. God I'm out of shape. I've never done burpees before, but let me say, that was as hard as any interval training I ever had to do for track. Fucking brutal.

Well I'm really embarrassed to say this after checking out the other scores, but weighing in at a hefty 206lbs I did my 100 burpees in:

19 min.

Thats not a typo, it actually took 19 minutes. God I'm out of shape. I've never done burpees before, but let me say, that was as hard as any interval training I ever had to do for track. Fucking brutal.

Good job dude, it's sometimes just about finishing.

Yerdaddy / 5:48

Turned 40 yesterday and broke 6 minutes - so I can live to see 41. I don't mind if I never do another burpee as long as I live.

Huge props man. I bet you don't know many 40 year olds, let alone 20 year olds, that could accomplish that time.

I've been meaning to do this one again, since it was a long-assed time ago I attempted this. Closest I've come is the "Burpee Minute Challenge", in which you do 1 burpee in the first minute, 2 in the second, 3 in the 3rd, etc etc. Laddering down turns it into a painfully long workout.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ agreed.

My best time is about 7 mins 12 seconds, the burpee 100 is a badass challenge. I sometimes modify the challenge to 50 burpees and set the timer for 3 mins and try to achieve it and it takes me to my limits.

I need to see a video of that! Full on with the push-ups?

With pushups and all. I will get a video, gimme a couple weeks-I have a fight on this coming Thursday, so after that I'll get on it. Funny thing about that set- I did it in the AM almost first thing. I tried it again a few days ago and was at 5:20, that was in the PM. Dunno, some days are better than others, but I am much better now than I was a year ago at em.

So I missed the last burpee- I had a 5 minute timer and when it went off I stopped- like I always do. Didn't remember the drill here till I came back to post- oh well. When I feel motivated enough to record and post again, I will do so .
<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=50050637">Burpees</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=50050637,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor="/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=50050637,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor=" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"/></object>

Those push ups are weak. And I think your hands are suppose to touch before you kick your feet back.

You should have a straight back, go down until your arms are bent at least 90 degrees and your body is parallel to the ground, and all the way up until your elbows lock at the top. Doing pushups with the correct technique is much harder.

You should have a straight back, go down until your arms are bent at least 90 degrees and your body is parallel to the ground, and all the way up until your elbows lock at the top. Doing pushups with the correct technique is much harder.

Normally I would agree with you but this is a timed test and burpees are more ballistic in nature so keeping form rigid can be tough.

Those aren't 'sloppy' burpees by any means.

Wow I cannot do this. I get to like 35 and about pass out, its hard to get a good breathing rhythm down.

I never expected to see Luba in the conditioning discussion! On any timed challenge, there will be a lapse in form. You have to cut some slack on it. I've never heard that your hands much touch before you kick your feet back. I'm assuming any step by step instruction may explain it that way for simplicity sake, but most videos you will see the legs kick back a bit before the hands touch.

Well, I figured the body motions are all there, limbs, trunk, etc traveling the same distance. As stated earlier if it were not a timed event, form would naturally be a more structured item. I got another fight at the end of the month! Woohoo!
Thanks all for the feedback-Luba included.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Sorry if it came across that way. I used to run my unit's pt tests in the military, and I guess I'm a little anal about form. Nonetheless, you have me beat by a long shot.

I never expected to see Luba in the conditioning discussion!

I <3 burpees just as much as the next guy. :)

It's all good. Constructive criticism is still hard when you can still taste the blood in the back of yer throat from these damn things! lol. I did another batch tonight, 3 sets-35, 35, and 30. Dunno how long it took me, but I am pretty sure it is faster. I will try to time it later.

btwrestler119/7:15

First attempt, and a mighty poor one at that, I gotta work on my conditioning

im only 170lbs and a former college wrestler, I should be better at this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back