"The nation

Both meth and the whole pain pills ---> heroine thing are deadly. Scores of HIV cases in rural Indiana because of it.

Yeah. Seems like blacks were were to get get by all the bad social epidemics. Fatherlessness, drugs, HIV, and joblessness. It all hit the blacks first

This is what ingrained, generational poverty does. Its like an oil fire, you can't just throw water on it, you have to fight it at its root.

This is what ingrained, generational poverty does. Its like an oil fire, you can't just throw water on it, you have to fight it at its root.

This. It's a complex, deeply rooted problem.

Aggressive policing was what was keeping the lid on outbursts of violence like we're seeing now. If you neuter the police force with all this SJW bullshit going around, expect this to be the norm.

Aggressive policing was what was keeping the lid on outbursts of violence like we're seeing now. If you neuter the police force with all this SJW bullshit going around, expect this to be the norm.

Stoking the fires while holding the lid on seems like a dangerous balancing act.

There used to be quite a bit of light and heavy industry at one time in these places. Much of it is long gone.

Not enough security to handle all the crimes. Prisons full, oh what to do? :icon_lol:

Meth/heroin addiction is really hitting the town hard.

You've got my sympathies. I lived in a Canadian City years ago that was just getting into their meth problems, and it was terrible. Less than a year into it hitting big you could identify people by sight on the streets or sitting together in groups in coffee shops who looked like zombies because of it.

It just spreads around so fast it's insane, there were two pretty big busts for possession in elementary schools right before I left (kids sent to school with backpacks full to give to other kids, transferring between parents basically) and people who had watched lifetime friends just start to rot away in less than a year and have no idea what to do to help were probably the two hardest parts.

Would that be the "SJW bullshit" about the feminism, the gay marriage, the fat people pictures online... It's pretty hard to keep up.

There is no one solution to solve the problem in the inner city but a start would be to end the drug war and many an individual would agree with me

I would say right now the Baltimore PD have paused their "war" on drugs and its not safer. Rival drug gangs are going after each other. Inner city drug dealers fight over turf, corners. Unless u mean make it legal. Has that ever been tried in an inner city? I'd have to think they'd find another way to make money illegally

Thanks to the divider in chief

just wait until it gets a little warmer outside this summer. if you think its bad now just wait. enjoy your #nopeace
this is what it looks like.

In Milwaukee, homicides were up 180% by May 17 over the same period the previous year.
Looks like that million dollar "ShotSpotter" microphone system the Police needed so much is really paying off.

"Arrests, already down from 2014 levels before the rioting, have plummeted by more than 50 percent since then. "

all good then^^ don't let u fool by homicide rates.

There's 300,000 less people there than in 1972, yet theres more murders. Unreal.

I guess the stats are racist too. C'mon, the number don't lie. It's also funny to see you show up in these threads and automatically start throwing out "racist" left and right.

Stats aren't racist, but interpreting them to indicate 'black people are the problem' is not only racist, it's also lazy. The questions to ask to find out if that interpretation is correct are:

1. Do the stats indicate a massive divide in crime rates between white and black people?
2. Of black people, are the criminal elements distinguished by any specific features?
3. If so, are those distinguishing features shared by equally criminal people of other races?
4. Are only black people with those features especially criminal?

I think the answer to #1 is clearly yes, black people are convicted of crimes at a much higher rate than white people. The answer to the second question is likewise yes, with the distinguishing features being urbanity, gang membership, poverty, etc. #3 I don't know the answer to, I'm not sure there are many comparable white urba gang populations, though when there were they did commit a lot of crime and Latin urban gang members certainly do. #4 I believe the answer is 'yes', I'm not sure there's any difference in criminality between middle class suburban or rural black people and white people.

So rather than immediately jump to the racist interpretation of the stats, maybe it would be fairer to say that poor, urban, gang members are highly criminal, and that at the moment that population is mostly black and to a lesser extent Latino. The reason it's an important distinction is that things like gangs can be dealt with, whereas skin color can't. If this was the late 1800s y'all would probably be complaining about how the Irish are inherently criminal because young, poor, urban, Irish gangsters commit a disproportionate number of crimes. You would have been wrong then, and you're wrong now. But certainly poor urban gangsters are more criminal than people who don't fit that mold.

I thought this looked really fishy (the way it was reporting from only specific areas and only specific crimes), but it looks like someone went into more depth on that:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/02/ferguson-crime-wave_n_7494372.html

Lots of detail, but here (a badly written but correct quote at the end):

The bottom line is that across the largest 15 cities in the US the murder rate has fallen by 43 from 871 to 828, a 5% drop.

Ugh. The sliminess never ends.

Black neighborhood. That's the word you were looking for. Say what you mean and have the courage to stand behind your words.

Of the many black people I know, all have openly stated how they don't want to live in black neighborhoods. I bet you'd call them racists too.

Back