The myth of Weidman's poor cardio.

I've read people saying they don't know how he will do in 5 rounds, not that he has terrible or questionable cardio.

I had the same doubt about Cain, then he shut my mouth.

nothing more annoying than fanboys that cant admit their favorite fighters weakneses.

chris look good in 1st round of both silva fights, but gotta be honest here, he looked tired in 2nd round.

he attemted a td in the 1st fight n got stuffed with ease by silva, thats probably why silva started to clown hard, he thought he had nothing to worry about at that point.

in 2nd fight, he didnt do anything. he was just checking kicks. that doesnt look like someone whos full of energy readdy to fight.

minus the clowing n leg break silva wins both fights no question about it.

I'm not sold on his cardio. Doesn't mean it's poor, I'm just not sure what his pace would look like in a 5 round fight. Weidman did seem to slow down in the first Anderson fight, but maybe he was pacing himself for 5 rounds.

If Weidman can win without going 5 rounds, more power to him. But I still don't know how he would handle a 25 minute fight.

I've not heard this myth

see post 37 quoted below, i've seen literally dozens of posts saying the same thing since weidman got the belt. I disagree with their assessments, i just finished rewatching silva vs weidman I & II and i saw no gas problems at all.

Come on dont be silly.

In the first Anderson fight, the chris got the takedown pretty easily, tried a sub but couldnt get it. In the second round he was breathing heavy and attempted two more takedowns but Anderson shrugged them off with ease. Anderson thought he was safe and started clowning but got laid out.

Second fight was similar, he was beating on Anderson for a whole round and in the second looked gassed, but then Anderson leg got destroyed so he won the fight.

Chris's cardio IS suspect.

Its also important to note that Weidman fought Galvao at 194 lbs, cutting those extra 10lbs can take a lot of out of a fighter.

I'm not questioning his cardio in general, but people were implying that he was gonna drag Belfort into championship rounds and tire him out even though Weidman has never fought more than 3 rounds in a fight and has only went 3 rounds 3 times in his career.

Back