The myth of iron chin

I disagree, IMO, if Miocic was a LHW, Maldonado would've eaten that punch and kept fighting, just watch his fights against LHW's like Glover (who is heavy handed btw) and other LHW's.
HW's clearly have a advantage in their punches, it doesn't matter if they're a bar brawler or a technical striker, if that hailmaker lands, you're done. Meanwhile in the lighter classes, a so called "iron chinned" fighter would eventually recover and keep fighting.

I disagree. 205+ lb from a good boxer who knows how punch is enough put out ANY human . Stipe wasn't just bigger, he was a better boxer/puncher than everone Maldonado fought to build up his reputation as being iron chinned.

Mark Hunt got KO'd by a MW.

If Maldonado was a flyweight Dodson would knock him out in less than 30 seconds.

A glass chin is discovered by getting KO'd by grapplers and nobodies

Those top 5 guys of iron chins example are guys with elite chin and recover abilities vs top 5 KO power fighters, they get to cancel each other out

iron chin means you are almost impossible to get ko'ed. ALMOST, not impossible.

IMO HW is what separates the REAL iron chins from the rest, Werdum was able to recover against Browne strikes. IN HIS WORDS, the reason why he was able to recover from Browne strikes is due to the fact that he wasn't KO'ed so much in his MMA career and I agree with him, just see guys like Wand (please try to forget the fact that he was recently trying to run away from NSAC), in his prime, Wand was able to recover from devastating strikes and then land some of his own, but then his chin gave up on him, and then his recovery wasn't the same anymore and he was getting KO quite often, the same can be said about Chuck Liddell.

For some, it takes an overhand right from a 240 lb man to even get dropped...

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd1-Slomo-2-400-sg.gif

For others, a jab from a 155er can do the trick.

knockouts_Donald_Cerrone_Jabs_Edson_Barboza_UFC_on_Fox_11.gif

For some, it takes an overhand right from a 240 lb man to even get dropped...

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd1-Slomo-2-400-sg.gif

For others, a jab from a 155er can do the trick.

knockouts_Donald_Cerrone_Jabs_Edson_Barboza_UFC_on_Fox_11.gif

Barboza have a glass jaw, Varner exposed him some time ago, now as far as I remember from Mark Hunt fight he was KO'ed by a crappy spinning kick, as far as I remember Hunt survived that classical JDS overhand.

- Stipe Miocic who fought today was Ko'ed by Stephan Struve

who said he had iron chin

- Mark Hunt, who was AND STILL IS known for having an iron chin was Ko'ed by Melvin Manhoef and JDS

amazing chin, but manhoef hits really fucking hard, and jds i dont think it was a clean ko

- Velasquez was KO'ed by JDS

who said he had iron chin?

- An exhausted JDS was Ko'ed by Velasquez

was it really a clean ko though

- Werdum was KO'ed by JDS

again, who said he had iron chin

- Hendo was KO'ed by Belfort

his chin is horrible today, and belfort is a fucking monster

Hendo's chin... is horrible?

lol sherdog logic. They dude has ONE KO loss to Chosen One Belfort, and even the it took everything Vitor had to put him away. GTFO.

Werdum ate some heavy shots from Travis Browne and he was still able to recover.
If it was Overeem instead of Werdum it would be a KO/TKO win for Browne for sure.

browne landed like 1 or 2 heavy hits, cause soon the fight went standing after the ground part on roudn 1 he was already gassed, so no power anymore

y overeem doesnt really have a good chin

You're a stinky turd, Hunt went out cold and couldn't even stand on his own after JDS knocked him cold.

oh y now i remember more, it was more of a question, i didnt really remember exactly the ko part, if it was a clean ko or not

Hendo's chin... is horrible?

lol sherdog logic. They dude has ONE KO loss to Chosen One Belfort, and even the it took everything Vitor had to put him away. GTFO.

TODAY, not in his whole career

Back